Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    You dont'\didn't even know who the end boss would be on 5, 6 and 7 until the last patch\datamining. That's what the OP is talking about. On WotLK and Cataclysm you knew exactly that Lich King and Deathwing would be the end boss, and most of the leveling\quest content acknowledged the fact, and build up the threat from day 0.
    I disagree. My caveat was for 6. Garrosh was poised as the big prevalent threat to pandaria from day 0, and the legion has been a big prevalent threat with sargeras at the helm since BC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    You think the Legion isn't impactful? You've either not played the expac, or you don't know lore very well....

- - - Updated - - -

No. I see her as a Kul'Tiras leader, more than I do seeing her a threat....
    as she is now, jaina wont lead anything but a piss-party faction. if she goes through a drastic character change, i can see her leading kultiras
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

Quote Originally Posted by lightofdawn View Post
    as she is now, jaina wont lead anything but a piss-party faction. if she goes through a drastic character change, i can see her leading kultiras
    I can see her leading Kul'tiras. But, I can also see Anduin telling her to piss off, while He's The high-king trying to stop the Naga forces from corrupting the planet's titan.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    He's a background character we have absolutely no interaction with. We've had many faces of the Legion, be it Gul'dan, Mannoroth, Archimonde or Kil'Jaeden. Sargeras is just happens to be the big bad, but he hasn't done anything different; he just makes his pawns do all the work. I think what we need is a villain with a purpose other than 'take your world because it's there for the taking'
    Actually, Sargeras wants to take Azeroth so that he could stop the Void lords plans of Corrupting a Titan Baby....

Also, Sargeras killed The Pantheon, I think he's more than a Capable threat for us (Considering that Kil'jaeden's going to be a Mid-Expac boss).

To be fair; Deathwing's presence was pitiful in Cata. They really fucked that one up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Last time we really had a "End Boss" or the Expansion boss, was at Cataclysm with Deathwing.
    Deathwing sucked, so I'd rather not put him as an example. What they did with him in Cata was like "yeah he's big, and he's a dragon, and he's crazy", he wasn't interesting at all. Same problem with Illidan in TBC, we barely knew what's up with him except again "he's crazy and he's something something with the demons, also has been mean to Akama", you had to dig into external lore to even have a clue why are we killing him except for the phat lewt warglaives. Of the big 3 Arthas had the most build up but people were a bit annoyed Arthas is popping out of every corner of Northrend as they walk by.

I think the patch to patch build up is actually a better overall solution.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well, we have major villain every tier: Gul'dan in 7.0, now Kil'jaden, later Sargeras.

I was kinda let down that Guldan was present only in prepatch, he should appear more often (of course not often like Lich King, it was cartoonish) during at least Insurrection questline. i hope they won't repeat this mistake and KJ will have strong presence in Broken Shore story.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Something like the lich king or illidan or deathwing. Something that makes you think of, when you think of an expansion.
    It's been so long, we really haven't had a treat at all that felt like, hey we're building up for that one bad ass guy.

Last time we really had a "End Boss" or the Expansion boss, was at Cataclysm with Deathwing.

We need more Big bosses.

And not just some "Well who will be the final boss!? Find out... sooon..."
    ... Seriously? The Burning Legion and Sargeras himself isn't enough of an expansion villain?... Wut?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I'm having my hopes of Azshara becoming a major villain at some point, she's one of the more interesting villains left.

10+ Year Old Account
    I Liked it in Cataclysm and the expansions the preceded it. It was better when we knew who the expansion's antagonist was. Trying to keep it a secret, like wow is a movie or tv show or something makes no sense to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    uhhhhhhhhhhh can i get one L O R E

Deleted
    You know what we need? We need to lose. Have an expansion where we win the boss but lose the war and something bad happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellus View Post
    Every expansion except WoD has had a big bad with lots of buildup

2. BC: Illidan
    3. WOTLK: Lich King
    4. CATA: Deathwing
    5. MOP: Garrosh
    6. WoD: Archimonde
    7. LEGION: Sargeras (Probably)
    BC telegraphed Illidan with the whole "you are not prepared" and then you didn't see him for damn near the whole expansion.

WOTLK did it right, you had glimpses and encounters with LK throughout before you got to beat him.

Cata seemed to do it as well, giving you teases throughout - before you never really got to fight him like we all wanted. That was a raid design fail versus an effort fail.

MOP: Garrosh can suck a dick, and we were robbed our revenge fantasy.

WoD: Besides doubling down on robbing our Garrosh kill (fuck you Thrall), Archimonde wasn't the focus at all of the expansion, he just showed up.

Legion: Still waiting for bait and switch on Sargeras.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TJrogue View Post
    You know what we need? We need to lose. Have an expansion where we win the boss but lose the war and something bad happens.
    Broken Shore. And it hasn't exactly been the most bright of expansions. People die, turn against us etc etc.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    And we've beaten him, twice. Not to mention the exact quote says "Only Archimonde would prove stronger", meaning she was weaker than Archimonde back then, and she is even weaker now, since she has no Well of Eternity.
    This kind of ignores that ten-thousand years have passed and thst she was empowered by the old gods.

She could easily be a big end boss, especially since we don't know what she has been up to exactly that whole time. It wouldn't be far fetched for her to gain more power / blizzard actually write up a compelling story as to why she has become a big threat again.

Also, her being weaker than archimonde is irrelevant even if that were still true. Gameplay does not equal lore, and it's not like she couldn't pose a very real threat to the world even if she is weaker.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Broken Shore. And it hasn't exactly been the most bright of expansions. People die, turn against us etc etc.
    No I mean something serious. Like... losing a whole area somewhere. Destroying Dalaran, this sort of stuff.
    Like... losing a war. The legion setting up a permanent base in Azeroth. This sort of stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    I doubt she has gotten more powerful, unless N'zoth needs her so. I've always said i could see her being a Tier 2 raid boss, final being N'zoth, but never her as the title boss. She just isn't as interesting of a character and she has always been subservient to somebody.
    So were Kel'thuzad, Kil'jaeden, Deathwing, Gul'dan and Archimonde. I'd say Azshara is at least as interesting as Deathwing; at any rate, in her mind she was never subservient to Sargeras, she saw herself as a consort and eventual equal, Sargeras being the only entity in the universe worthy of her. Delusional sure, but she basically thinks she's the queen of everything and wants it all. I say we've never had a main villain quite like her before.

Something like the lich king or illidan or deathwing. Something that makes you think of, when you think of an expansion.
    It's been so long, we really haven't had a treat at all that felt like, hey we're building up for that one bad ass guy.

We need more Big bosses.

And not just some "Well who will be the final boss!? Find out... sooon..."
    As cata, mop and wod have show you can't just add an enemy you need a good story behind; the real question is: it's possible to create a decent antagonist in wow (compared with how the build LK in the rts)? Imho if blizzard don't stop bending lore for the sake of gameplay the answer is no.
    Beside i don't think legion will be the end of the Burning Legion and Sargeras.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    What WoW needs is developing villians within the story of WoW itself. End bosses like Lich King, Illidan, and Deathwing were great because we all knew about them beforehand, what they've done, and why they are relevant to the story. They play off the glory of previous games more than anything.

I think their best attempt at this were Garrosh, which were developed over the course of 3 expansions. Archimonde wasn't interesting because the entire Demon invasion part of WoD came out of nowhere while you still thought you were fighting orcs, and then suddenly he just pops out of a portal without any prior build up.

As for Legion: Xavius was shit because it was like the 5th time he came back, it didn't seem relevant to the overall story of the expansion, and felt much like filler both in its narrative and actual content. Helya was fine because it was reletiavely contained and appropriatly built up within the Stormheim zone, and may indirectly continue depending on whatever they decide to do with Sylvanas. As for Nighthold, Tomb of Sargeras, and whatever is after it, it feels like we're gradually going up through the hierarchy of the Burning Legion; starting with the pawns (Gul'dan and the Nightborne), then the officers (Kil'jaeden), and then whatever comes after that must be even larger in scale. So you can interpret the "Big bad" of this expansion is the Burning Legion itself, where all 3 tiers are dedicated to this.
    Last edited by mmoc0545cb7e4e; 2017-03-31 at 09:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree that it was better when there were clear big boss presented along with the theme of the expansion

but maybe they needed to make the story progress to create new vilains because after azshara and sargeras they would have ran out of villain able to create a full expansion

Deleted
    They should make a raid where all the mobs we kill are named and modelled after devs. That would be very satisfying. The guy who came up with the legendary system should be the final boss.