Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

hotfixes every day wtf

idiots at blizard confuse ptr with live wtf is it with hotfixes every day don t fucking release a thing if you didn t test it and im ignoring the thing i knew for years that a 14 year old could balance the game better but i get it blizard can t hire a 14 year old

You're complaining that they're... making changes based on feedback, and fixing bugs?

What?

Deleted
    this is not the ptr its live this stuff shoud have been done on the ptr i can t even enter in game at the moment because of a bug

Quote Originally Posted by superblink View Post
    this is not the ptr its live this stuff shoud have been done on the ptr
    Fun fact: People actually have to use the fucking PTR to find bugs in the first place.

But it wasn't fixed, so what. They're fixing it now. It is what it is and it's done.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wonder if participation on the PTR has died off due to the amount of PTR feedback that gets ignored. Why test and give feedback after playing on the ptr when time and time again the feedback is ignored.

Nobody even noticed mobs scaling to ilvl on the PTR, you think they're gonna find obscure bugs??

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Wonder if participation on the PTR has died off due to the amount of PTR feedback that gets ignored. Why test and give feedback after playing on the ptr when time and time again the feedback is ignored.
    There's never been much participation on the PTR. Why? Because there's no reason. And until Blizzard gives players a good reason to participate in them, they'll remain fairly uneventful. In its current iteration, it exists as a way for players who are not currently subscribed to play WoW.

7+ Year Old Account
    Rushed patch = daily hotfixes

It's just a fact of WoW. People are pissed when patches take too long but come out perfect. People are pissed when patches come to soon and have to be hotfixed a hundred times. Moral of the story... people will piss and moan about anything.

Did none of you people complaining about this (stupid btw) notice that they've been doing hotfixes nearly every day for months now?

Deleted
    How dare they fix problems in a timely manner!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    There's never been much participation on the PTR. Why? Because there's no reason. And until Blizzard gives players a good reason to participate in them, they'll remain fairly uneventful. In its current iteration, it exists as a way for players who are not currently subscribed to play WoW.
    I can't speak for Legion, or even WoD, but I know that from Wrath up through MoP there was a considerable amount of feedback provided from the PTR and often glaring issues were ignored until those issues went live.

this is not the ptr its live this stuff shoud have been done on the ptr i can t even enter in game at the moment because of a bug
    This isn't unusual in the week of a major patch. Few people participate in PTRs anyway, meaning less problems are found in general. At times there are also bugs that arise after a patch goes live, when the problem didn't exist in the PTR or previous patches.

Yes, it's annoying to have to update the game constantly. But, I'd rather have a smoother game in the end, personally.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Since the game is like 70 GB I don't see the worth in keeping a second copy of the game that erases my progression in it every other week. It just takes up extra space. Besides, they don't even listen to feedback or care about it.

I can't speak for Legion, or even WoD, but I know that from Wrath up through MoP there was a considerable amount of feedback provided from the PTR and often glaring issues were ignored until those issues went live.
    And some issues they didn't even bother to test properly like with the Lich King encounter and the Saronite Bombs glitch. If they had let top players test that shit out on some form of PTR then they would have instantly said "Eyyy... there seems to be a problem with your fight" and it would have gotten fixed without any drama and accusations of cheating. Why the fuck would a top guild cheat on a normal mode fight anyway? Just stupid. Regardless, they didn't even think themselves to replicate what the top guilds had been doing at the time. Saronite Bombs were a part of melee dps rotations that had down time like rogues waiting for energy regen. How hard is it to think to test Saronite Bombs out?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    And some issues they didn't even bother to test properly like with the Lich King encounter and the Saronite Bombs glitch. If they had let top players test that shit out on some form of PTR then they would have instantly said "Eyyy... there seems to be a problem with your fight" and it would have gotten fixed without any drama and accusations of cheating. Why the fuck would a top guild cheat on a normal mode fight anyway? Just stupid. Regardless, they didn't even think themselves to replicate what the top guilds had been doing at the time. Saronite Bombs were a part of melee dps rotations that had down time like rogues waiting for energy regen. How hard is it to think to test Saronite Bombs out?
    Yeah, there have been a number of glaring issues they've missed over the years even though testers on the PTR provided plenty of info on the issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    idiots at blizard confuse ptr with live wtf is it with hotfixes every day don t fucking release a thing if you didn t test it and im ignoring the thing i knew for years that a 14 year old could balance the game better but i get it blizard can t hire a 14 year old
    ARMCHAIR PROGRAMMER RAGE, RAWR RAWR RAWR!

Hotfixes are brought in to balance, change or adjust what might have come out but not appearing as a problem..

Seriously, you are raging at a company for FIXING their shit!?

HAHAHAHAH

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    Since the game is like 70 GB I don't see the worth in keeping a second copy of the game that erases my progression in it every other week. It just takes up extra space. Besides, they don't even listen to feedback or care about it.
    *facepalm*

This has been a topic a lot, and well, if you are seated as you are, then I guess you won't believe when they say they read all feedback but don't answer back on everything. There was a rather big blue post about it once.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    This isn't unusual in the week of a major patch. Few people participate in PTRs anyway, meaning less problems are found in general. At times there are also bugs that arise after a patch goes live, when the problem didn't exist in the PTR or previous patches.

Yes, it's annoying to have to update the game constantly. But, I'd rather have a smoother game in the end, personally.
    And not to count that many on the PTR doesn't say anything at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    How dare they fix problems in a timely manner!
    HOW DARE THEY FIX THIS SHIT?!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Sadly, you are right. Think the most people I've ever seen on PTR, is when they have the events / blues fights.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    "WAAAHHH BLIZZARD IS FIXING UNFORESEEABLE BUGS, WAAHHHH" - The Thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, think it is more than that, as already it has been more used for entertainment than actual PTR.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

How dare they fix bugs that came with the patch to make abilities, items, etc to work again.