Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    Bullshitter-in-chief still totally unhinged from reality. He's still all-in on this totally debunked lie backed up by zero evidence to distract from the fact that his campaign is under FBI investigation for their links with Russia.

Everyone (except maybe The Deplorables) knows that he pulled this lie out of his ass, and he's so delusional he still can't let it go

He even sent WH staffers on a wild goose chase to waste their time looking for evidence to back up this lie that he invented (in Trumpworld, the bullshit claim comes first, not the evidence). They found nothing. The FBI debunked his lie. WH staffers then leaked reports to Devin Nunes that there were incidental intercepts of Trump associates, which does not show that Obama wiretapped Trump Tower, Nunes then informed the WH about this WH evidence that does not show Obama wiretapped Trump Tower.

What a deranged nutjob.
    He really is a moron.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I mean, this is basically how almost all of the rumormongering from intelligence agencies works. Apparently, the lesson people have taken from the 20th century is that when the CIA disseminates information, you know it's true, because all they really have in their hearts is shining light and truth upon the world.
    Well, except for the small bit where they actually show it to the people who need to see it. You know, like if a Senate committe on Intelligence needed to see the evidence.

But it's okay, Nunes is just being a stand-up guy! He's totally for sure not lying by withholding any and all of the evidence he totally for sure has! Sure, no one else gets to see the evidence, but you can trust him! He's just protecting his friend! Yeah, that's the ticket! What a saint!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brazel MMO View Post
    Good lord, Devin Nunes confirmed wiretapping DID occur. It's not fake...seriously. WSJ.com has a story on it
    Except he didn't, noone wiretapped Trump. His associates foreign connections were monitored after election just like foreign connections of people in Obama team were after his election

Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    Well, except for the small bit where they actually show it to the people who need to see it. You know, like if a Senate committe on Intelligence needed to see the evidence.

But it's okay, Nunes is just being a stand-up guy! He's totally for sure not lying by withholding any and all of the evidence he totally for sure has! Sure, no one else gets to see the evidence, but you can trust him! He's just protecting his friend! Yeah, that's the ticket! What a saint!!!
    My assumption is that Nunes is a liar and that spy agencies are also happy to lie. In the case of Nunes, I'm guessing he's going to be looking for some reward for his loyalty to Trump down the road.

I don't understand people's inclination to have any trust in the word of spooks though. The Senate Intelligence Committee is also filled to the brim with abject liars. What, we're expected to take Diane Feinstein at her word about anything?

My assumption is that Nunes is a liar and that spy agencies are also happy to lie. In the case of Nunes, I'm guessing he's going to be looking for some reward for his loyalty to Trump down the road.

I don't understand people's inclination to have any trust in the word of spooks though. The Senate Intelligence Committee is also filled to the brim with abject liars. What, we're expected to take Diane Feinstein at her word about anything?
    I can agree that knowledge gained from spies can be quite iffy. However, the problem that I currently have with the discourse is that people are not consistent with that.
    The right loved the FBI when they were investigating Hillary, now they consider them bogus when they are after Trump. Left vice versa.
    And don't get me started on people who dismiss anything from the MSM or IC because they might have an agenda but fully believe Trump, even when he demonstrably lies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    we cant say anything bad against obama.. he didnt do anything wrong during his presidency. he didnt deport over 3m people. he loved everyone.
    You seem to have no issues, still making up shit about Obama. He didn't order spying on Trump, just like FEMA camps never happened. Just like Obama taking over the government, never happened. Just like Trump's promised proof of Obama's foreign birth, never happened.

You can talk shit about Obama, did it for 8 years and are still doing it.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    What is Insanity for $500, Alex.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    We are talking about an accusation by Trump. Which when contradicted, was blamed on British intelligence by Spicer. This is what you trust or should trust? Because if you don't, there is no reason to distrust Senate Intelligence Comity. The basis for this question being asked, is the same guy who promised proof of Obama's foreign birth... they cannot be both lying...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    You seem to have no issues, still making up shit about Obama. He didn't order spying on Trump, just like FEMA camps never happened. Just like Obama taking over the government, never happened. Just like Trump's promised proof of Obama's foreign birth, never happened.

You can talk shit about Obama, did it for 8 years and are still doing it.
    people will talk shit about him the more info is made available.. even when obamacare implodes people will blame trump. It will continue on both sides for years and years.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    people will talk shit about him the more info is made available.. even when obamacare implodes people will blame trump. It will continue on both sides for years and years.
    How could I talk shit about Obama on here for 8 years and only been a member since 2012.? Lol! I actually voted for him in 2008 and only started to talk shit about him after he had been President for 6 years and I saw he was a shitty one. lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    We are talking about an accusation by Trump. Which when contradicted, was blamed on British intelligence by Spicer. This is what you trust or should trust? Because if you don't, there is no reason to distrust Senate Intelligence Comity. The basis for this question being asked, is the same guy who promised proof of Obama's foreign birth... they cannot be both lying...
    Sure they can! I don't know how you arrive at the conclusion that everyone involved can't be lying in their own interests. Obviously Trump and Spicers are liars that have not even the fuzziest relationship with truth. Obviously Putinistas enthusiastically lie about Russian actions all the time. Obviously American intelligence agencies and and Congresscritters lie all the time.

I don't trust any of these people, so I prefer the Occam's Razor explanations. My best guess is that the "Obama wiretapped me thing!" was literally something that Trump read on InfoWars or something similar; because he's a moron, it didn't occur to him that as President, he could probably find out if it's true, so he rage-tweeted something retarded as is his wont. Nunes is likely lying to get in Trump's good graces to seek reward. American intelligence almost certainly would have no real qualms about surveilling Trump and may have actually done so ("incidental" or not). Likewise, Democrat Senators certainly have no qualms lying in service of political agendas.

Everyone involved can be despicable liars. That wouldn't be some shocking outcome considering the people who are involved.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    How could I talk shit about Obama on here for 8 years and only been a member since 2012.? Lol! I actually voted for him in 2008 and only started to talk shit about him after he had been President for 6 years and I saw he was a shitty one. lol!
    i didnt say anyone on here did lol.. but kudos if u do now.

If the ACA "implodes", Trump will be to blame. He's the President. His party controls Congress and likely the Supreme Court. If he were worth a shit at policy, he'd be able to implement new healthcare policies. If, instead, insurance markets death spiral, it will be entirely reasonable to pin it on the intransigence of Republicans, and the buck stops with Trump.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i didnt say anyone on here did lol.. but kudos if u do now.
    Was not referring to you, but the one you responded to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Give it a few years, then he'll claim it was he who settled the debate and proved that Obama didn't wire tap him, same as he did with the birth certificate thing.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    And don't get me started on people who dismiss anything from the MSM or IC because they might have an agenda but fully believe Trump, even when he demonstrably lies.
    That's the wierd one. Trump said, the only reason Saudi Arabia is not listed as a terrorist supporting country by US government, was Hillary getting paid off, which MSM refused to cover. Yet, both of his travel bans came to the same conclusion. Meaning MSM was right or did Trump get paid off like Hillary to come to the same conclusion.

Then the economy and unemployment numbers. After months of claiming that unemployment is upwards of 45%, he celebrates job numbers he called MSM lies at under 5%. The economy was the worst ever, with MSM using fake statistics to lie to you, became booming, record breaking economy... the minute he won the election.

Even Brietbart, went from a story of a Soros evil conspiracy to have federal government take over local police. To celebrating Trump's proposal to send federal government to take over local police in Chicago. The place that has predicted Obama's destruction of the country and revealed his secret plans on a daily basis, is now one of the few sources to trust, with InfoWars. Regardless of them being wrong for 10 years, as there is no longer any time left for their predictions to come true...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Was not referring to you, but the one you responded to.
    haha yes i found it weird that he directed something at me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Wiretaps don't happen anymore, however we know

-Trump team was spied on
    -Some of the spying was not incidental data collection from Russians
    -People on the Trump team were improperly "unmasked" and leaked to the media
    Could I see some (non-fox/breitpart/infowars) citation on people on the trump team being ''unmasked'' to the media (how would that even work? I mean it is public knowledge who was on the transition team)

Also I really don't understand your second point. Are you trying to say that the spying was targeted on specific members of the trump team? In that case I would like to see some more citation on that.

Almost everyone on this planet is being wiretapped lol. Try selling some illegal shit using your phone and you have police coming your way in a no time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    It is not BS, it was actually proven.

The Dem Media called it "incidental survelliance."

Except, "incidental survelliance" is usually immediately discarded and never widely disseminated.

This was saved and was widely disseminated.

Is it that difficult for people to put 2 and 2 together?

That is how Obama moves. Like a trickster.

He says you can keep your insurance if you like it, but then it turns out you can't.

He sends 500 million dollar in cash via plane to Iran as the soldiers they kidnapped are "released," but we are supposed to believe it is not a ransom somehow. What "it" actually is (hmm, sounds like Clinton with monica- seems to be a typical tactic of the Dishonest dems) is never explained.

If the media in this country was even slightly honest, the Dems would be long done. That is why they fight so hard to keep it this way, they know what will happen the second the man behind the curtain is revealed.

The Dems are just lucky that most people in this country will just believe what the media spoon feeds them and will never look deeper.

They can do anything, they just "rebrand" it. No, no, no- clearly you misunderstand....... we didn't spy on Trump, it was just "incidental survelliance".... Happens all the time... nothing to see here- move along please.

Did they record Trump without him knowing it? Clearly yes, they aren't even denying that. Then that is spying my friends and they did it. You can rebrand it all you want- it is still spying.

But hey, if you bought that "incidental survelliance" line, I have a 2 for 1 deal on bridges for you.....
    First of all, ''incidental surveillance'' actually has a meaning, so lets not pretend it is some kind of democrat doublespeak.

Secondly, could I have some citation on how incidental surveillance is normally discarded? This seems like a really weird practise, especially if (for example) the tape contained a trump transition team member talking to a russian ambassador, how do you discard only the part where the trump transition member talks and not the russian ambassador part? Besides that, intelligence being disseminated really doesn't seem like a big deal, more like Obama actually put into effect one of the main conclusions of the 9-11 investigations: more intelligence agencies need to be sharing information.

The ''500 million dollars in cash'' were actually 400 million (but hey, who cares about facts, a 100 mil hardly matters) and there was a perfectly logical explanation given, you should have just googled it: http://fortune.com/2016/08/05/money-america-iran/

Also (afaik) there is 0 evidence so far that trump himself was ''incidentally collected'' let alone targeted, so would need some citation on that.

While I do agree that america's surveillance system is far too expansive, it is usually the republicans that want it like this, so I dont see a point of complaining about dems doing that.

Lastly, your ''putting 2 and 2 together'' amounts to nothing more than finding circumstancial evidence and tying that together, theres a reason why circumstancial evidence isn't enough to provide a conviction in a court of law.