Poll: Should Blizzard add 3 man scenarios back?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    They were a poor alternative for dungeons, being to easy and with terrible objectives. I'm glad to see them gone and that they use the more story driven one-man scenarios instead. Not that these are great either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    I've said for a long time now that 'world scenarios' in combination with world quests will be the next step going forward. A random world event that plays out like a dungeon scenario that anyone is free to join and leave at anytime. No queue, completely seamless with the world, random pops a few times per day for consistency.

It's basically a check for 2 million subscribers writing itself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Scenarios did nothing to encourage playing together as a group. The only thing that made everyone sticking a bit together was short length and heavily scripted events. They either provided no challenge at all or were frustrating because of other players (and I'm sure others were annoyed by me too, that wasn't meant as a oneway comment).
    You literally contradict yourself in the first two sentences.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Scenarios were awful.

Scripted crap you could have finished in 2 minutes but you had to wait for Lorewalker Cho's RP walk and 3 minute narration before you ganked every mob.
    This.

I agree. But to a degree, I think that scenarios weren't bad their execution was what killed interest in them. Lorewalker Cho was annoying in MSV and over all just annoying and too damn slow for our wanting to keep moving pace.

If they kept Lorewalker Cho out of it until the very very end then it might have had a different outcome.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I liked them, though I feel like group quests with instancing mechanics would work just fine.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

I loved them because as a dps, it made the dungeon queues much more tolerable. I'd always get a dungeon ready pop up after finishing a scenario.

They were like dungeons but with worse loot and worse balancing. I prefer the way they've built more scripting and storytelling into dungeons.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    Yes, but change them. If they stay as they were, change them like this:

- Scaleable in Player number for 1-5 (since tanks/healers aren't required)

This was one of the problems with them I believe... I play a healer spec (no offspec, nor interested in one) and people didn't like taking a healer..

more content.. sure why not lol

They basically are back. They used that tech for quests, and with normal / heroic / mythic / mythic + dungeons I think we're covered
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Yes. It's nice to just go hog-wild with some randos without needing to worry about your DPS/HPS or have someone yell at you cause they face-pulled whatever.

More relaxing than dungeons.

Quit playing for the foreseeable future.

I'd adore more scenarios. The MoP system was almost there, and I think with a few iterations it could've been really fantastic. 3-person 5-10 minute content without any tank or healer requirements is a great niche to fill.

The main issue with MoP scenarios was all the heavily scripted ones. Waiting on dialogue, mob spawns, collecting items etc. is never going to be fun to play over and over again, doubly so in quick bitesize pieces of content. More scenarios like the tomb one would've been great.

Alternately, they could use them to play around with more experimental pieces of small-scale content, such as vehicle encounters similar to Flame Leviathan or the original Karazhan chess event. Either way, I'd love to see scenarios return.

Mop scenarios were the most boring thing ever. Run around and kill mobs, mostly in the same area we already knew from the open world, tied behind unskippable roleplay.

M+ Scenarios.

'nuff said.

I liked scenarios in MoP. Granted they were not that competitive, but they were story driven and I liked this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post
    Completely agree with this.

They were extreme faceroll zerg-fests. Please, never again.

Rather bring back challenging group-quests that require strategizing, communication and teamwork. ! Otherwise... just stick with dungeons.
    Yep, this.

7+ Year Old Account
    Would like to see a waves-style 3-5 player scenario. A wave of mobs each wave. Each wave gets more difficult. Every 5 waves theres a mini-boss. Every 10 waves theres a boss. Every 10 waves you get a reward cache. Maybe a points system.
    Zetheros Cralin Leteros Xerophin Duskeros Vanderos
    Atheros Zenderos Magmeros Battistta Denzeros

Deleted
    I think they were one of the best types of content ever added but completely miss used. They are perfect to combine multiplayer & story - yet they were used as tool for daily/repetitive grinds at max level. Why not doing them as leveling content, with scaling mechanic as optional tool to get some points or loot. So much better than stupid questing.

I liked them, but I think I like the way they do it now better. Really anything that feels like a natural part of the story progression rather than something you queue for in the UI is better in my opinion.

I liked them but they didn't feel very rewarding. Some neat ideas though that were different than dungeons. Don't care if they come back or not.

Deleted
    It would be nice to have a few scenarios as quick, light alternatives to regular dungeons.

Unfortunately, Blizz devs clearly lack the IQ to be even theoretically capable of comprehending anything else than "all or nothing" -approach. Either they shove fuckloads of something down your throat, or not at all -- be it daily quests, scenarios, garrison activity, or artifact weapon bullshit.