Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    Finally another country willing to fight the evil that is Islam. Why these people think that moving to another country and practice their culture, completely ignoring or flat out insulting the culture of said country is ok, is beyond me.
    If you move to any country, then that culture is how you live, period!
    That should be the norm indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    I am, and in the sense that you seem to be trying to use 'always', what I've referred to does contradict it. Like the Uighur, the Chinese have a long history in the region, and the two groups have had ongoing interaction since early times. Saying the Uighur have always been there, while ignoring the role of the Chinese, is a way to stack the deck.
    The sense that I'm trying to use 'always' was actually just to say that the people living there now didn't move into China at any recent time, at which point the whole 'not let them in' thing is moot. I wasn't looking back for more than a century or so, because I didn't figure that semi-ancient history wasn't quite relevant when the subject under discussion was the people living there now.

I mean, in the context of the guy I responded to, how exactly are the interactions between the Uyghurs and the Qing, or the Yuan, or the Han, relevant?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis
    The sense that I'm trying to use 'always' was actually just to say that the people living there now didn't move into China at any recent time, at which point the whole 'not let them in' thing is moot.
    Fair enough. I read his comment ("who don't want to open the door to this sort of religion") as referring to limiting a religion rather than actual immigration. I read your comment: "Take over a region and then a few decades later kick out the people who already lived there?" as ignoring the history of the region and suggesting that the Chinese had a presence only dating back a few decades.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    Fair enough. I read his comment ("who don't want to open the door to this sort of religion") as referring to limiting a religion rather than actual immigration. I read your comment: "Take over a region and then a few decades later kick out the people who already lived there?" as ignoring the history of the region and suggesting that the Chinese had a presence only dating back a few decades.
    Oh, yeah that wasn't my intention. Chinese history in that region dates back at least 2000 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis
    Chinese history in that region dates back at least 2000 years.
    Cheers then! Seems we're at least somewhat in agreement after all.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.