Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gated by your own time and skill. I feel like that's how it should be, but design goals were different then.

Now, it seems that they care about how long people are playing, and this content gating is an insidiously effective way of ensuring you keep getting paid.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    Gating hasn't been this front-and-centre in a long time. If you don't like it, don't do the content. That's all I'm saying.

(And by don't do the content that's basically saying unsub.)
    there was gating in mop same as this but yes i do agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I don't see an issue. So what?

Why do you need rep quicker?
    I agree. Rep comes quite well from WQs. Should have flying just after invasions open next week if you keep at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The invasion scenarios (available next week) award 1500 rep
    Lol what? That's 1650 with the Darkmoon Faire rep bonus (1800 for Humans)

Even without it, that's 6k rep for 4 invasions; that's so stupidly broken, considering I'm already at like ~2k/12k Honored. Glad to know I'll be Revered next week!

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    If legionfall doesn't have Emissary, it will take forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahaga View Post
    I don't know if Legionfall has an emissary daily, but this is obviously Blizzards way of trying to keep people subscribed. Release content and time-gate the hell out of it. Essentially forcing people to pay a minimum of $30 in order to complete the quest chain.
    Want flight? Explore a bit and get some chests/rares. Seriously, I'm already 2k honored and I didn't have any rep bonuses until today (only 10% bonus from DMF).

This is one case where they're only padding flight for a week and not months and months like WoD was, a fucking carrot on a stick they dangled in front of us the ENTIRE FUCKING EXPANSION.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    Read that statement again. Very carefully. If you are giving them money, but it's not from your pocket, you aren't giving them money. SOMEONE ELSE IS
    Only because you're providing that person with gold. Blizzard still get money thanks to you, directly or indirectly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    7.2 is the best guys! It totally wasn't rushed to make Q2 look really good and keep players subscribed until the new raid is finished. It's not a grind! Really! It's why we made ilvl scaling! *Sarcasm*
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

My motto is "Never give Blizzard any real life money."

I have tons of gold.
    I converted them to Game Time and Battle.net balance.

But I don't plan to farm more gold.
    i never met a stupid one like you. sorry.

you realize that EVERY token YOU buy, gives blizz 5 bugs for free ?

its ppl like you that feed blizz endlessly and they just laugh about ppl like you. cheeseus is this stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    Only because you're providing that person with gold. Blizzard still get money thanks to you, directly or indirectly.
    But that person already paid for and got their product. The product (gametime) that's on sale by Blizzard for gold is Blizzard selling their service for gold. It makes no effect whether or not I buy gametime through gold, because someone already supported Blizzard by giving them their real money. I'm not giving /my/ money to Blizzard, but I'll gladly give /someone else's/ money to Blizzard.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Their way of getting people to stay subbed is by releasing regular, good patches.
    If that's their way then why aren't they doing it?

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    How did you do that? I did all the WQs AND the supply turn ins, AND the questlines AND got a couple of token from the mission table - and I am only 4600 / 6000

There are around 4-6 WQs up every day....that is 300-450 rep. Patch is out for 5 days in EU, 6 in US...just with WQs alone you would barely be in the 3000 rep ballpark?
    My main hit honored today as well doing nothing but the same. Not sure how you're not there yet if you started day 1. I definitely didn't have some windfall of tokens from my table

Also I imagined getting to honored would at least unlock a new quest or something. It didn't. This patch just keeps getting more and more lame by the day.
    Last edited by Kazuchika; 2017-04-02 at 07:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    But that person already paid for and got their product. The product (gametime) that's on sale by Blizzard for gold is Blizzard selling their service for gold. It makes no effect whether or not I buy gametime through gold, because someone already supported Blizzard by giving them their real money. I'm not giving /my/ money to Blizzard, but I'll gladly give /someone else's/ money to Blizzard.
    So it is a win-win then! You don't give them -your- money, and they still get 5 dollars more then they would have normally gotten with a sub. If it is padding then it looks like it is truly working!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Honestly..no idea. I usually do my WQs in the evening after work. Just checked my map. There are 6s WQs up. 6 WQs = 450 rep. I am on EU. That is 5 days of WQs. Equals 2250 rep. Maybe if I'd cleared them in the morning, new ones would pop up by the afternoon / evening - but as it is now, that is what I see. 6 WQs at 75 rep each
    And when one of the six is a pet battle one there's really only five. Because fuck pet battles.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Actually it does, because if you wouldn't be willing to purchase it with gold, then price for the token would drop thus giving the people buying it with real money less incentive to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulgore Sweet Potato View Post
    And when one of the six is a pet battle one there's really only five. Because fuck pet battles.

The pet battle is super easy.
    2 Anubisath Idol win ALL battles.

It doesn't give resource.

Who cares about rep? anything gated behind rep? Thought everything was timegated

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post
    what is that darkmoon buff?
    there is a carusel in darkmoon faire, if you ride it you gain 10% more reputation for 1hour or you buy a hat there which gives same buff but u dont have togo back to dmf to refresh
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Who cares about rep? anything gated behind rep? Thought everything was timegated
    You need to be revered to unlock flying.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

After someone paid $20 for the token, Blizzard has already made $20.
    Whatever I do doesn't change that. If I don't buy the token, someone else will.

LoL at the people who used resource for rep.
    You should wait for Mage Tower and Darkmoon. That is 40% extra.
    You realize if no one is turning in resources, we'll never get the mage tower right....

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    I'm 2.5k into honored. Without invasions I'll be revered next week. It took a month+ to get exalted with tanaan
    May I ask how, assuming there must be some rep gains outside of the story quests and the world quests that I have missed as I'm human, got darkmoon faire buff today and I'm only 5750/6000 after doing every world quest available including pet battles, only thing I know I've missed are the tokens as I've been unlucky, but I doubt you would have gotten 11 rep tokens already.

If legionfall doesn't have Emissary, it will take forever.

or you could be smart enough to realize a bulk of the rep will come from the invasions round two and associated quest chains which start on tuesday

but that would mean you are smart enough to actually realize that not everything is supposed to be done in one sitting. considering you made the thread, its a very suspect idea
    Never believe you have seen the peak of human stupidity and ignorance, or you will constantly be surprised by the new levels the reach almost every day