Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Unhappy Inky Black Potion

Anyone else feel like Blizzard just slapped them across the face with this? Players have been asking for dark nights in WoW forever to return and instead they give us this. Why cant they just have a toggle for a dark night for those who want a more immersive experience. Been using the add ons nightillusion and a sweetfx filter to manage

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    Anyone else feel like Blizzard just slapped them across the face with this? Players have been asking for dark nights in WoW forever to return and instead they give us this. Why cant they just have a toggle for a dark night for those who want a more immersive experience. Been using the add ons nightillusion and a sweetfx filter to manage
    Wow, they give you something that gets you want you want in at least some manner and you whine? Entitled crybabies FTW I guess.

Some of you really need to get a life and, having gotten one, find out what real problems are made of. Hint. Not this.

Does literally anything Blizzard does these days have to be a fucking conspiracy against its players? This is one of the coolest items they've ever released.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Wow, they give you something that gets you want you want in at least some manner and you whine? Entitled crybabies FTW I guess.

Some of you really need to get a life and, having gotten one, find out what real problems are made of. Hint. Not this.
    You guys settle for less thats fine. You guys are happy with what is current and thats fine. I agree having the potion is better than nothing. But I think they can do better without a big hassle and thats the point of this thread. Baiting around whos entitled this and that has nothing to do with it. Stick to the topic lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Does literally anything Blizzard does these days have to be a fucking conspiracy against its players? This is one of the coolest items they've ever released.
    Indeed its a cool item and it shows us that Blizzard is easily capable of restoring dark nights to WoW.

i have to admit, it does seem kinda weird to make it a potion instead of an option in the graphics settings, but still a decent addition, provided they dont cost much of anything.

Is it cool? Yes.

Is it cool that it's limited to darkmoon faire and takes up item slots? No.

Blizz is notorious for -always- doing this. "You want X? Ok, I'll give you X. But you'll have to take it from a jar full of cockroaches at 4 AM on tuesday next november, and I sure as hell wont remind you if you forget."

Yeah, you get X, but it always comes with some sort of annoying 'if'. Instead of -just- adding it as is.

Indeed its a cool item and it shows us that Blizzard is easily capable of restoring dark nights to WoW.
    ...because restoring darker nights has been on the top of Blizzard's List of Really Fucking Important Shit for more than a decade, I'm sure. Perhaps they wanted to see how this panned out on a larger scale before adding it as a permanent feature? Nah, let's just stick to the FUCK BLIZZARD Y U NO LISTEN narrative that's oh-so-fucking-original and popular around here.

I was just thinking this as well. While I'm tickled that I can get darker nights now, I wish it was just an option in the settings Oh well, its a start.

You guys settle for less thats fine. You guys are happy with what is current and thats fine. I agree having the potion is better than nothing. But I think they can do better without a big hassle and thats the point of this thread. Baiting around whos entitled this and that has nothing to do with it. Stick to the topic lol.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure where you get ´this shows it´s easy to do´. This item removes the current skybox of a zone and replaces it with a dark one thus removing any atmospheric effects and the sky if that's part of the skybox and is a '1 size fits all' type of solution. It´s not taking a current skybox and altering it to be dark.
    Last edited by leviathonlx; 2017-04-03 at 01:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post

Clearly you're the type to bend over and let everyone and everything get some ass play.
    You won't stand up for yourself because you're a bloody push over.

Fight for something for once in your fucking life and tell me how it feels.
    JK. Pushovers don't ever fight, they just apologize and bend over.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

...because restoring darker nights has been on the top of Blizzard's List of Really Fucking Important Shit for more than a decade, I'm sure. Perhaps they wanted to see how this panned out on a larger scale before adding it as a permanent feature? Nah, let's just stick to the FUCK BLIZZARD Y U NO LISTEN narrative that's oh-so-fucking-original and popular around here.
    I mean it was important enough to develop into a potion? Try not to take everything so seriously. You must be miserable to stress yourself over some random on the internet suggesting the most uncontroversial topic ever lol. If they did cool I hope to see a blue post on it soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by leviathonlx View Post
    I'm not sure where you get ´this shows it´s easy to do´. This item removes the current skybox of a zone and replaces it with a dark one thus removing any atmospheric effects and the sky if that's part of the skybox and is a '1 size fits all' type of solution. It´s not taking a current skybox and altering it to be dark.
    Ah I wasnt aware of that. Oh well I hope they do something to bring us darker nights. I'd settle with this 1 size fits all solution over the current

I mean it was important enough to develop into a potion? Try not to take everything so seriously. You must be miserable to stress yourself over some random on the internet suggesting the most uncontroversial topic ever lol. If they did cool I hope to see a blue post on it soon.
    You're the one complaining about Blizzard not making a purely cosmetic item a permanent feature and I'm the one "taking things too seriously"???! What fucking parallel universe have I stumbled into? Whatever dude, enjoy your anti-Blizzard circlejerk.

You're the one complaining about Blizzard not making a purely cosmetic item a permanent feature and I'm the one "taking things too seriously"???! What fucking parallel universe have I stumbled into? Whatever dude, enjoy your anti-Blizzard circlejerk.
    I hope you enjoy the rest of your day good bye

7+ Year Old Account

yes but the amount of players who want it is very very small, cause yes when you are RPing its cool
    but its the most fucking annoying thing when you are trying to be efficent, walking around looking for treasure, welp darker nights are super fucking annoying
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yes but the amount of players who want it is very very small, cause yes when you are RPing its cool
    but its the most fucking annoying thing when you are trying to be efficent, walking around looking for treasure, welp darker nights are super fucking annoying
    Thats why I called for a toggle.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    This effect should be passive... -.-''
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

You realise this is most likely them just testing it, to see if there's actually interest right? An option if there's enough interest will likely pop up later.

I for one, am not a fan of how the potion makes the world around me look, it looks great, but is not practical and I won't be using it again.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Blizzard white knight spotted.

Go back to your safe space homie.

This is a shitty way of doing things.
    1. It costs above 3g per potion and it only lasts for 2 hours, haven't tested yet but I assume it disappears if you die.
    2. Instead of making it a Toy with a 30 min CD and 2 hour duration, they implement it so that you have to keep stacking up
    3. You can only buy them from the darkmoon vendor which means once a month you'll be able to get them
    4. They take up space in your bags, it's 2017, it's not classic wow.
    5. This is not a "test", you as a blizz fanboy* should know that. They don't just "test" stuff, they implement it because they think it's a good idea.

They implemented shield dps for warrior and said it was a "test" for things to come, what happened, oh they removed it. Just like with the special mistweaver spec.
    These are not tests, these are their ideas that are obviously not pleasing the consumers.

Hiding behind a shield of ignorance is cool and all, but make sure you pop out once in a while, you might learn a thing or two.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2017-04-04 at 02:47 PM.

70 gold or so per stack on item which has 2 hr duration and lasts forever.

here's the walkthrough for people:
    >make lvl 1 char
    >run to major city
    >log main
    >buy X stacks (X = however many you want/need)
    >mail X stacks to lvl 1 char to save bag space
    >enjoy free bag space and infinite night time

people complaining Zzzzzz

fwiw w/ a 2 hr duration and stack count of 20 you need 18 stacks if you played every minute of every day until the new DMF is up. that's 1250g~ per month.

guess what, you get 1500+ gold from order hall missions.
    Last edited by Floopa; 2017-04-03 at 01:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    70 gold or so per stack on item which has 2 hr duration and lasts forever.

people complaining Zzzzzz

2017 smh
    Could've made it a toy that costs 3k gold, yet there's people like you that think this is a good design.

Smh