Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Its time to allow factions to invite each other

Seems simple, let the group leader invite anyone including the other side.

if you enter a group where the leader is horde you assume the horde faction until u disband

if you enter a group where your leader is alliance you assume the alliance faction until you disband

I think this could work, can anyone see any exploitable items or massive testing required?

The only other reason not to do this is they would lose revenue from the character transfer/faction services

The only other reason not to do this is they would lose revenue from the character transfer/faction services

You kind of just answered the reason why not right there.

Or get more friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be fine with cross-faction guilding and partying so long as you have one or more people in said group/guild on your RealID/BattleTag friend list. Otherwise, yeah, cat's kinda outta the bag on that one with the faction-change services.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    You kind of just answered the reason why not right there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Otherwise, yeah, cat's kinda outta the bag on that one with the faction-change services.
    You know a game is going downhill when your fans/consumer point out ^ is a reason NOT to add a really good feature to it...

Seriously. We all know Blizzard is a company first and wants to make profits but to not add a feature because of a VERY SMALL portion of profits? That's just sad.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well they can certainly make some kind of monthy trial to the other faction, which would result in either the player keeping his faction, or faction changing, in either way always a PROFIT for them, want to continue your adventure on the other faction ? pay

10+ Year Old Account
    The day this happens, is the day i permenatly quit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Stop lying.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    You know a game is going downhill when your fans/consumer point out ^ is a reason NOT to add a really good feature to it...

Seriously. We all know Blizzard is a company first and wants to make profits but to not add a feature because of a VERY SMALL portion of profits? That's just sad.
    It's not a good feature at all. Only thing it'd do is prove that the game is bleeding subs. Literally the only positive is also a negative.

Just because you CAN whine about something doesn't mean you should. Do you not think about things you decide to hate on?

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't say it's going downhill, but realistically speaking I also expect Blizzard to like money. I'd love it if they took a hit like they did with recustomization (which is now pretty much moot unless you want to change your gender or skin tone for non-furry races), but I'm not holding my breath, either, no matter how much fun it'd be (and how many storylines it'd open up with my guild) if my goblin warrior or undead hunter could hang out with their old Alliance buddies ingame as well as through out-of-game RPs.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    faction limits and restrictions need to stay as is, no change is needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Deleted

Sad but true isn't it?

I really see no reason that factions cannot interact. I'd go as far as to say the Horde and Alliance are less about race and more about loyalties. We should be able to just choose our own faction and group with whomever we please.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunaveil View Post
    Sad but true isn't it?

I really see no reason that factions cannot interact. I'd go as far as to say the Horde and Alliance are less about race and more about loyalties. We should be able to just choose our own faction and group with whomever we please.
    Funny that because right now the Alliance and Horde are at each others throats. Most notably Genn and Sylvanas.

- - - Updated - - -

And you know it would be bleeding subs if they added that feature. Seriously you scream about the game going downhill because they want to make profit but wouldn't that also be implied if they allowed cross faction play or went F2P?

Also source that their services are a small portion of profits?
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-04-15 at 02:52 PM.

Deleted
    I don't want to play with filthy hordes... You stay on your side of the line, i'll stay on mine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Funny that because right now the Alliance and Horde are at each others throats. Most notably Genn and Sylvanas.
    And how does that in anyway impact what I wrote?

Are they at each others throats because Sylvanas is Undead and Genn is Worgen? Or is it because of a perceived betrayal of Loyalty at the Broken Shore?

I've seen you posting elsewhere and your ability to comprehend is constantly questioned, please savour me the labour of responding to you by reading properly.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    This here is why. Cause we still have people who can't let go of their faction. I know people who say faction change ruined the game. And people should be locked to a faction. And people who change are fucking garbage at the game.

Some people cannot accept the other faction. And hates them with a passion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lunaveil View Post
    And how does that in anyway impact what I wrote?

Are they at each others throats because Sylvanas is Undead and Genn is Worgen? Or is it because of a perceived betrayal of Loyalty at the Broken Shore?

I've seen you posting elsewhere and your ability to comprehend is constantly questioned, please savour me the labour of responding to you by reading properly.
    Actually yes. It is because they are undead and worgen. Idk if you know. But sylvanas sorta killed his only son. And destroyed his home. So Varian is just another thing on top of that. During their fight. "For my son. For Varian. For gilneas for the alliance" (I think) and then says later "you stole my sons, future now I've stolen yours" after breaking her lantern

So yeah their conflict is because of the broken shore. But able because gilneas and liam
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

It's*

OT no, I don't care that the legion is bad guys and we are all going to die, alliance vs horde is by nature.

/10char

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    This here is why. Cause we still have people who can't let go of their faction. I know people who say faction change ruined the game. And people should be locked to a faction. And people who change are fucking garbage at the game.

Some people cannot accept the other faction. And hates them with a passion.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually yes. It is because they are undead and worgen. Idk if you know. But sylvanas sorta killed his only son. And destroyed his home. So Varian is just another thing on top of that. During their fight. "For my son. For Varian. For gilneas for the alliance" (I think) and then says later "you stole my sons, future now I've stolen yours" after breaking her lantern

So yeah their conflict is because of the broken shore. But able because gilneas and liam
    That is not because of race. That is because of a personal grudge or vendetta.

If you want an example of a war because of race you need to look at the Scarlet Crusade. To be honest, there are many examples in the game. The dislike of "green skinned monsters" pretty much ended at Angrathar.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    It's*

OT no, I don't care that the legion is bad guys and we are all going to die, alliance vs horde is by nature.

/10char
    The champions (aka the players) of the Alliance and Horde are already working together, having taken charge of the war against the Legion through the Class Halls. We no longer answer to the Horde or Alliance, as wielders of artifact weapons and leaders of our respective classes, we are in essnce more important than either Sylvanas or Genn.

The people of the Alliance and Horde, seeing how useless those two factions have become, have simply disregarded them and taken control of their own destiny. Right now the Class Halls, Kirin Tor and Armies of Legionfall are all more important and far more relevant than the Horde or Alliance.

So in that sense it makes perfect sense to allow cross faction groups and even guilds.