Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I just gave the shadow one another try. I'm trying the one-phase tactic where you burst down Raest in the 40 seconds window. I don't have the gear to do it the 'normal' way (mainly missing legendaries and just 903 ilvl). He went immune again at 76k health. I'm gonna sob in a corner now.

Deleted
    The only tactic for which you require gear is the one phase tactic. The two phase Surrender is quite easy.

Deleted
    So today I finally dared to try the Disci challenge. I dreaded it since I heard a lot of how hard it supposedly is and my Priest had awful legendaries for it (Helm and Ring are the only disci leggies I have) but in the end it was my second quickest kill with the quickest having been on my main with better gear and BiS leggies for the challenge.

Best part: I didn't even think about interrupting every 2nd Felblast with fear. I feared him once because I panicked and he broke it to cast fel blast so I naturally assumed that casting Fel Blast makes him immune (after the kill the first thing I read was that you should interrupt it...). That said, I very quickly got him down to 5%, a few tries later 4% and another few tries later he was down. Once the tauren is down, the worm hardly poses a threat at all.

Honestly, considering how badly I misplayed this and how mediocre my gear is (906 ilvl, nothing from ToS, total trash leggies for the challenge) I thought this was the easiest challenge I've done yet (vs. Fire Mage, Frost Mage, MM Hunter and RDruid). It's relatively short, doesn't have a ton of differing phases and most stuff can be easily kept track off with weakauras (STOP CASTING!!! KILL TOTEM *hit totem kill macro*)

It's chaotic at first but after a few tries you got all the mechanics down and it's basically only one phase that keeps repeating itself. (the "2nd phase" where only the worm isalive is a joke and probably only hard when you're oom)

So to everyone who dreads doing this: It's not nearly as hard as some people make it sound. The easiest one I have done yet.

Quote Originally Posted by throwaway-o View Post

So to everyone who dreads doing this: It's not nearly as hard as some people make it sound. The easiest one I have done yet.
    I agree with the Discipline challenge being easy. I completed mine back in mid-May at 898 ilvl and did it in under 10 tries. I went in blind, not sure of the mechanics. The Shadow challenge took me a lot longer. I didn't use S2M for the challenge because I felt that it trivialized the difficulty. I was 899 I believe with my shadow challenge when I completed it.

Now I'm 901 and can't complete the Holy challenge. I hardly ever play Holy and I feel that the Holy challenge is the hardest of the three priest challenges.
    Last edited by jag5268; 2017-06-22 at 03:43 PM.

If you did it this late I assume you had a lot of traits in disc though, right? The only hard part about it is when the felblasts do enough damage to 1 shot you without a damage reduction.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    If you did it this late I assume you had a lot of traits in disc though, right? The only hard part about it is when the felblasts do enough damage to 1 shot you without a damage reduction.
    Got Concordance yesterday but if you play it properly and interrupt every second Fel Blast that should not be neccessary at all.

i have complet the disc at 903 ilvl, no set, no concordance, shitty legendary (dejahna/N'ero). at first i was at 890 ilvl, can't clear it....i gear up and came back and kill it relatively easily.

Upgrade dark moon promise to 10/10 = no mana issue (at 890 it was my first concern)
    i fear all earthquake and shield+fade almost every fel blast
    not spamming shield on me, just during the cast of fel blast

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by throwaway-o View Post
    Got Concordance yesterday but if you play it properly and interrupt every second Fel Blast that should not be neccessary at all.
    Yeah, but without the bigger PWS trait (Aegis of Wrath) nor Skjoldr and ilvl 895 or so I had to stack PWS with Fade + Masochism - and even a Barrier/Pain Suppression on towards the end of the fight to live a Fel Blast. Had Kam Xi'raff and Norgannon as Legendaries back then too so I didn't have extra high DPS or anything.
    Last edited by mmoc4d2020beea; 2017-06-22 at 11:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally found the time to try it yesterday, ilvl 918, the bastard never knew what hit him.
    All hail Ion Itsgonnacostus, the overlord of hypocracy

10+ Year Old Account
    I have avoided trying mage tower challenges, disc was my first attempt because the staff just looks so good. Decided to try it today, at 904 ilevel, 52 points in my weapon, with Pyrdaz (good) and N'ero (baaaaaaaad but all I have). No tier (I mostly PvP and just geared this toon up recently), trinkets are Darkmoon Promises and that healing trinket from Star Augur.

All in all, it took five attempts. I read a small guide ahead of time to choose the right talents. Second attempt I accidently ran to the area where the door would be and it auto killed me. Third attempt I had the boss down to a sliver of health but was unable to avoid the intensity of the fel blast at that point. Fifth attempt I screwed up so many things but still managed to kill him.

I'd say it was honestly pretty easy. Maybe just a tad bit harder than Proving Grounds were back in MoP. Definitely far easier than green fire was back when you could get the title and achievement from it.