Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    There are people so heavily invested in WoW that the game has become a part of their identity, and to them criticism of WoW feels like a personal attack. It's why they get so mad.
    True, there can be people like you describe.
    But generally, I think others are more annoyed about constant whine about game not going the way they think its best.
    When Im not happy with any game, I just vote with my wallet, not whine on forums.

Wow died togheter with Arthas. thats it. the end. wow died in december 2010. 2005-2010 that was real wow. everything since cata is just a fiasco.

Quote Originally Posted by Eucaliptus View Post
    True, there can be people like you describe.
    But generally, I think others are more annoyed about constant whine about game not going the way they think its best.
    When Im not happy with any game, I just vote with my wallet, not whine on forums.
    That's why some people want legacy servers. And Blizzard honestly just showed us middle finger by saying we don't actually want that and then shutted down Nost.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumkin View Post
    Wow died togheter with Arthas. thats it. the end. wow died in december 2010. 2005-2010 that was real wow. everything since cata is just a fiasco.
    I agree with that statement. WoW died - original wow atleast. But the game has offered some great content since. Just not as appealing or not "tickling" my immersion gland

Deleted
    Any mention of original WoW and it is seen by zombielike community as a direct threat to the live version.

They know that if Blizzard made official WoW classic servers or TBC, that plenty of people would go back and never return. That is a fact. And that right there means less players, even harder time to maintain their guilds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardoc View Post
    That's why some people want legacy servers. And Blizzard honestly just showed us middle finger by saying we don't actually want that and then shutted down Nost.
    So, whats the big deal? Blizzard showed you "middle finger" and thats it. Blizzard is the boss and its their game. Nothing else you can do about it. Constant forum whining about same thing over and over annoys people.
    Give them your comment about leaving all Blizzard games cos no legacy server and go play something else.

So, whats the big deal? Blizzard showed you "middle finger" and thats it. Blizzard is the boss and its their game. Nothing else you can do about it. Constant forum whining about same thing over and over annoys people.
    Give them your comment about leaving all Blizzard games cos no legacy server and go play something else.
    That's the attitude I was originally talking about...

When we get accusations of fanboyism, it is ONLY ever on a single post.
    Never is it based on the entire post history of anyone with a moderate number of posts to make a better judgement from.
    If you see that all over the place, the problem is you.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good to see the usual suspects arguing that the community hasn't degraded, when even a customary glance to the past says that it's gotten worse.

Those who argue this point typically ignore logical consistency by claiming that 'there have always been whiners' or that 'there have always been assholes'; yeah, that's true. But increased anonymity has taken its toll, as has the reality of younger players being brought up in a far less socially developed world than even those who started a decade ago (and who, let's not forget, were less used to flashing toasts and epic gear for a basic kill-collect quest).

This community, as with nigh all online communities, has gotten steadily worse as the years have gone by; and I'd expect it to degrade still further until Blizzard decides that griefing really is something they take seriously enough to combat.

It was never different.

Deleted
    I agree, but it's sad that new generation of gamers doesn't understand what are MMOs about.
    What MMOs are about?

- - - Updated - - -

That's the attitude I was originally talking about...
    What attitude? I didnt say to f* off, I just said that there is no point keep insisting on something you were repeatedly told it is not going to happen.
    You act like a guy who keeps harrasing ex-girlfriend begging her to come back. She found new bf, she is happy, but you still stalk her.

What MMOs are about?
    About community, about RPG-aspects of the game (trainers training skills, getting poisons, arrows etc.), about stats and numbers... they're definitely not about ESPORTS and they are definitely not some MOBA game with 4 spells

- - - Updated - - -

What MMOs are about?

- - - Updated - - -

What attitude? I didnt say to f* off, I just said that there is no point keep insisting on something you were repeatedly told it is not going to happen.
    You act like a guy who keeps harrasing ex-girlfriend begging her to come back. She found new bf, she is happy, but you still stalk her.
    Yes, you didn't use the same exact words, but it's the same attitude, aka "stop wanting to play something else than me, it's not going to happen"

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    because 300 complain threads each day about the same shit are getting annoyin thats why we tell em to fuck off
    Specially when plenty of hate posts are often just their own opinion that they are trying to force on other people. i feel that this random feature is bad so therefore everyone else have to think its bad or else they are white knights.

10+ Year Old Account
    About community, about RPG-aspects of the game (trainers training skills, getting poisons, arrows etc.), about stats and numbers... they're definitely not about ESPORTS and they are definitely not some MOBA game with 4 spells
    Wow has nothing common with esports and there are no class with just 4 spells.
    Wow is more about stats and number munching than ever before, and RPG-aspects are not that narrow as "getting poisons, arrows, etc". If anything, it's fluff of RPG-aspects, they are not core elements. If you look at classic RPG titles they weren't "about training skills from trainers, getting poisons, arrows, etc", these were (for some titles) elements of gameplay. If anything, RPG aspects are quests, NPCs and dungeoneering, all of these exist in WoW, so i fail to see how wow became less of a rpg over time
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Wow has nothing common with esports and there are no class with just 4 spells.
    Wow is more about stats and number munching than ever before, and RPG-aspects are not that narrow as "getting poisons, arrows, etc". If anything, it's fluff of RPG-aspects, they are not core elements. If you look at classic RPG titles they weren't "about training skills from trainers, getting poisons, arrows, etc", these were (for some titles) elements of gameplay. If anything, RPG aspects are quests, NPCs and dungeoneering, all of these exist in WoW, so i fail to see how wow became less of a rpg over time
    Well look at dungeons, for causal player it's no longer "get together with 4 other people and conquer a difficult instance", now it's click one button, rush the instance, get exp, repeat.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, you didn't use the same exact words, but it's the same attitude, aka "stop wanting to play something else than me, it's not going to happen"
    You are talking about what MMOs used to be and cant embrace any changes during time. I totally understand you want those MMO times back, but I dont think you will get it ever.
    MMOs became a hybrid of mobas, esports and mmos. If you cant adapt to that, you are just torturing yourself playing the game you dont like.
    Also, I didnt say you stop wanting, you can want whatever, just stop annoying people repeatedly with same whine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviemore View Post
    Good to see the usual suspects arguing that the community hasn't degraded, when even a customary glance to the past says that it's gotten worse.

Those who argue this point typically ignore logical consistency by claiming that 'there have always been whiners' or that 'there have always been assholes'; yeah, that's true. But increased anonymity has taken its toll, as has the reality of younger players being brought up in a far less socially developed world than even those who started a decade ago (and who, let's not forget, were less used to flashing toasts and epic gear for a basic kill-collect quest).

This community, as with nigh all online communities, has gotten steadily worse as the years have gone by; and I'd expect it to degrade still further until Blizzard decides that griefing really is something they take seriously enough to combat.
    The sad thing is it's not specific to WoW's community. The attitude across the board with gamers in general is a shitshow lately, you can literally log into ANY semi-competitive game and get abused 9/10 games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well look at dungeons, for causal player it's no longer "get together with 4 other people and conquer a difficult instance", now it's click one button, rush the instance, get exp, repeat.
    Which dungeons? You still need to "get together with 4 other people and conquer a difficult instance", because difficult instances are not available in LFG
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    "The community" is completely irrelevant in all aspects of life (apart from family and close friends). I mean who cares about the average forum joe and his opinion... Better care for you own attitude towards things and why you have it.

You are talking about what MMOs used to be and cant embrace any changes during time. I totally understand you want those MMO times back, but I dont think you will get it ever.
    MMOs became a hybrid of mobas, esports and mmos. If you cant adapt to that, you are just torturing yourself playing the game you dont like.
    Also, I didnt say you stop wanting, you can want whatever, just stop annoying people repeatedly with same whine.
    Well then they should stop calling themselves MMORPGs, if they're changing to MOBAs etc. And btw I just want to make it clear I'm not subbed for 5 months now.