BM hunter challenge artifact appearence

Just got the Mage Tower BM appearance. I really thought there would some animation, that "mouth" it has looks like it would open and close when shooting.

Deleted
    Sadly, no.

What's even worse for me is that unlocking a pretty popular color variation (Blue) requires RBG wins. As a person who actively avoids PvP this expansion (RBG being the worst in my eyes) this is really, really annoying - especially since none of the other appearances require participating in content different than the one required to unlock the base version (eg. PvP appearance requires PvP for color variants, PvE requires PvE).

Quote Originally Posted by lordhakera View Post
    Sadly, no.

What's even worse for me is that unlocking a pretty popular color variation (Blue) requires RBG wins. As a person who actively avoids PvP this expansion (RBG being the worst in my eyes) this is really, really annoying - especially since none of the other appearances require participating in content different than the one required to unlock the base version (eg. PvP appearance requires PvP for color variants, PvE requires PvE).

pvp in general sucks...immortal healers and nothing in our tool box to fix it.

but..pug some yolo RBGs...1 win a day is a large amount of AP. You got over a year to get this...so just try for 1 win a day couple times a week.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    pvp in general sucks...immortal healers and nothing in our tool box to fix it.

but..pug some yolo RBGs...1 win a day is a large amount of AP. You got over a year to get this...so just try for 1 win a day couple times a week.
    Don't misunderstand, I will end up doing it since I want that color - the idea of this implementation just bugs me on principle. So far they've been somewhat consistent and logical with requirements for unlocks so this is why this struck me as so odd. Imagine if the PvP Appearance's 3rd Color said "Kill Heroic Gul'Dan" instead - it would make no sense.

well i dont care about any artifact appearance because i question myself why the fuck a bm hunter uses gun instead of bow ? Gun stuff related to marksman in my view therefore i use golden bow of quelthalas as transmog on my silly gun. we should have an option for range weapons whether bow or gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayagurcu View Post
    well i dont care about any artifact appearance because i question myself why the fuck a bm hunter uses gun instead of bow ? Gun stuff related to marksman in my view therefore i use golden bow of quelthalas as transmog on my silly gun. we should have an option for range weapons whether bow or gun.
    You can tmog the gun to a bow. The tmog menu has a dropdown for weapon type.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayagurcu View Post
    ...we should have an option for range weapons whether bow or gun.
    This is why the hidden appearance is a bow and not a gun.

Anyway, it's just a design choice. The initial "image" of the Hunter class was a Dwarf with a gun and a bear so I just assume they relegated that idea to the Beast Mastery spec. They also took some inspiration from lore characters which are Hunters with Nessingwary being the personification of a Beast Mastery Hunter, Rexxar being the one for Survival and pretty much all the Windrunners embodying Marksmanship. Honestly, the only surprising thing about their decision is that Survival got a Polearm rather than 2 axes - can't say I dislike it though.