Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Nobody is playing, the situation in Syria is very serious and anything that can be done to minimize civilian deaths is good IMO.

As previously explained it is, it does the job with minimal risk or collateral damage sending a clear message to Assad. And as a bonus they coordinated with western allies and even warned Putin not to have any guys where the bombs would be falling.

I am actually shocked that Trump managed a level of smart and reserved superior to his predecessors...
    Ok, if Syrian aitforce is targeted, extremists will gain more territory and kill more civilians. The forces at play are Assad and extremists. You think having al nusra advance is going to make civilian life better?
    It would have been smart if he looked for political support previously while making a case with evidence, which is the proper way of going forward. He didn't however, and just decide to launch a in airstrip to a sovereign nation. How's that even legal?
    This has the potential of being a huge setback in international relations.

I apologise for the spelling. New phone and all my autocorrect is fucked up.
    Last edited by mmocd8deb25f37; 2017-04-07 at 08:45 AM.

USA did well. This is the second time Assad used chemical weapons. He's getting bolder and fucking bolder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    USA did well. This is the second time Assad used chemical weapons.
    Are you talking about the barrel bombs filled with chlorine? Because I'm fairly sure there was more than two of those.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhoof View Post
    It seems Assad air-force hit a terrorist varehouse loaded with chems.
    If civvies died it's cuz terrorists don't give a shit about them otherwise wouldn't haf stored it near those civies. At least some terrorists got a taste of their own WMD they wanted to use.
    They probably have used it considering reports in recent years.
    Except it wad a rebel held area. Isis were no where near.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Except it wad a rebel held area. Isis were no where near.
    Al nusra. You know who al nusra are?

Al Nusra, ISIS or not, you can not use chemical weapons, or strike chemical factories to leverage poisonous affect after bombing. Peri-fucking-od.

Deleted
    Al Nusra, ISIS or not, you can not use chemical weapons, or strike chemical factories to leverage poisonous affect after bombing. Peri-fucking-od.
    You seem pretty sure it was assad. You must have strong evidence with you to be so sure.

Quote Originally Posted by TJrogue View Post
    You seem pretty sure it was assad. You must have strong evidence with you to be so sure.
    I was like you two years ago: "Maybe not Assad?". While there might not be hard evidence, I haven't personally checked, I know Assad is brutal enough to pull it off.

Again, well done USA.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're not allowed to say this when you've literally dismissed all evidence I've shown you from actual investigations that Assad gasses his own people repeatedly. Would it matter if he did have strong evidence? You've proven you won't accept it.

Well, Turkish minister of justice reported it was chemical weapons, and he wouldn't do that if that wasn't Assad, so why would citizen of Turkey think otherwise?

Don't think anyone denies something chemical was there (though it's best to ignore White Helmets theatre with their fake actors and unlicensed doctors involved in kidnappings), it's just that some call for investigation and some call "Out with Assad!" ... like they did every time before.

"Oh, he kills civilians! oh, he tortures and kills prisoners!" (also with pictures! and stories! some equally horrible), and now suddenly alleged 75 people dead is enough to strike on very next day...
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2017-04-07 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Well, Turkish minister of justice reported it was chemical weapons, so why would citizen of Turkey think otherwise?

Don't think anyone denies something chemical was there (though it's best to ignore White Helmets theatre with their fake actors), it's just that some call for investigation and some call "Out with Assad!" ... like they did every time before.

"Oh, he kills civilians! oh, he tortures and kills prisoners!" (also with pictures! and stories! some equally horrible), and now suddenly alleged 75 people dead is enough to strike on very next day...
    Too many chemical attacks happening in Syria. You should stop being so naive. And using your opener against you, you are a Russian and your media tells you to support Assad so you do support him.

Too many chemical attacks happening in Syria. You should stop being so naive. And using your opener against you, you are a Russian and your media tells you to support Assad so you do support him.
    Many chemical attacks done by rebels/ISIS. Not a single conclusive proof given of Assad using them ever, or retaining any weapons after destroying his stockpile.

But even if he did, he is still best option Russia has in that region. That's not going to change. If it gets proven we can sanction him, we can withhold weapon deliveries from him, we will talk with him to make sure it doesn't happen again, and we are still going to support him as legitimate leader of Syria.

See Iran nuclear talks as example.
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2017-04-07 at 10:00 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    You're not allowed to say this when you've literally dismissed all evidence I've shown you from actual investigations that Assad gasses his own people repeatedly. Would it matter if he did have strong evidence? You've proven you won't accept it.

Strong evidence is strong evidence. Witnesses reports are witnesses reports. With the huge media warmachine behind our doing, I'm not foolish enough to trust a report based on witness evidence.

I'm sorry if that offends you in any way, it's not personal. We've been lied enough time by official sources that "this time were sure about the results" to be skeptical of something based on hearsays.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    IS have apparently launched an assault on the Syrian forces in the area now they know they have no air support:

https://twitter.com/sayed_ridha/stat...86118075043840

Is it really an unforeseen consequence when a child could have predicted it? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Strong evidence is strong evidence. Witnesses reports are witnesses reports. With the huge media warmachine behind our doing, I'm not foolish enough to trust a report based on witness evidence.

I'm sorry if that offends you in any way, it's not personal.
    It's not insulting to me. It should be insulting to you. You just:
    1) dismissed a study that cites plenty of things, such as autopsies, in addition to eyewitness info and
    b) suggested that an eyewitness might mistakenly see literally anything on Earth and misrepresent it as a government attack helicopter.
    c) Or, worse, you're suggesting that basically every eyewitness lied about who was murdering them with chlorine-filled barrel bombs. As if the rebels had ONE those, let alone the ninety in the study.

The person that should be worried about your attitude in your post, is you. I'm not offended. I'm disappointed.

Good thing Trump acted on the red line that obummer failed at.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    A random thought occurred to me earlier, it's not like the Syrian military has an inventory/stores system on par with the USA/UK/etc.

How sad would it be if all this is kicking off because 20 years ago some idiot mislabelled a munition or put a Sarin warhead in the wrong section, and nobody has the balls to tell Assad/Putin what happened lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    A random thought occurred to me earlier, it's not like the Syrian military has an inventory/stores system on par with the USA/UK/etc.

How sad would it be if all this is kicking off because 20 years ago some idiot mislabelled a munition or put a Sarin warhead in the wrong section, and nobody has the balls to tell Assad/Putin what happened lol.
    The last much bigger attack was stated by secret agencies with terrorist collaboration. What we know for sure: One UNO member attacked another, breaking the law marking USA as war criminals. Historians sadly work very slow but what they have to say till now is disturbing and makes me wonder how any US citizen can believe pre-neutral-investigated claims and be fine with attacking another legal country.