Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Has anyone tried the challenge boss?

I'm currently at work, so I won't be able to attempt the challenge until this afternoon, but I wanted to hear everyone's thoughts who have tried it. They made it sound like it's going to be pretty difficult, so I'm curious to know if anyone has completed it and what your ilvl is.

I spent about an hour working on the tank boss before I had to take a break to preserve the lifespan of my keyboard. I'm ilvl 904 and while the advice I found on wowhead about opening with a stun to eliminate the crap on the ground was immensely helpful, I ran into a handful of other issues that prevented me from defeating it. Either I'd end up overrun by adds later on in the fight, get knocked off the platform altogether, or just mistime when I needed to get to the healing ball and the little adds with the aoe would kill me on my way there. It's definitely more interesting than the ridiculous proving grounds of the last two expansions, but I imagine people with more gear will have a considerably easier time.

From what I have been hearing, this is tuned for people wearing ToS Gear so it will be a tough one to clear for most of us that are a little lesser geared.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    I spent about an hour working on the tank boss before I had to take a break to preserve the lifespan of my keyboard. I'm ilvl 904 and while the advice I found on wowhead about opening with a stun to eliminate the crap on the ground was immensely helpful, I ran into a handful of other issues that prevented me from defeating it. Either I'd end up overrun by adds later on in the fight, get knocked off the platform altogether, or just mistime when I needed to get to the healing ball and the little adds with the aoe would kill me on my way there. It's definitely more interesting than the ridiculous proving grounds of the last two expansions, but I imagine people with more gear will have a considerably easier time.
    Yeah the wowhead information was godly. Without it you have to charge in to interrupt and get stacks of the debuff

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    From what I have been hearing, this is tuned for people wearing ToS Gear so it will be a tough one to clear for most of us that are a little lesser geared.
    It's scaled around 900 ilvl, not ToS gear. If anything it's very punishing around mechanics, and not so around dps.

Handle the fight properly and you will kill it, even with 880 ilvl, although it will be much harder for some classes depending on the challenge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Boomkin here, I just did and got to P3 pretty simply following this wowhead user's advice.

l2pwncomputers 14 minutes ago (Patch 7.2.0)
    Fairly easy as 908 equipped boomkin, memekin spec with treants, typhoon, feral affinity, and blink. Just kite and spam MF/SF and moons when typhoon is up. Don't even need to use puddles really. Lust the second time he goes immune so you can have a clean phase 3. Save treants for 1 hand and solar beam for the next. I was able to burst them down most times without treants or beam. Make sure you soak so you don't get the big add and gg.
    I think it should be fairly doable. (I'm 907-909 eq. depending on gear setup with access to most except ED legos)

EU tower just came online....going to see how it goes after a good night sleep...and some vids ;-)

I have made a guide for Boomkin; it's actually very easy comparatively to others.

Tried Guardian. Quit after 5 attempts because holy fuck, fuck that noise.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    It is really hard. As balance I've found it's less hard than other classes on the same boss (frost mage/affliction warlock), but it still feels impossible. In the end I'm just spamming my dots and starfall all phase 1, stunning and rooting when possible. The second phase the hands spawn so quickly I don't believe I could do it with my dps (908 ilvl)

Balance seems achievable, Guardian is dreadfully hard...

almost finished the healing one; would've finished without trouble probably if I hadn't kinda tunneled in the fourth phase and let one of the NPCs die

tried the balance one and didn't do as well, but my balance gear is kinda scrubby (bad leggos etc)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    It's scaled around 900 ilvl, not ToS gear. If anything it's very punishing around mechanics, and not so around dps.

Handle the fight properly and you will kill it, even with 880 ilvl, although it will be much harder for some classes depending on the challenge.
    that is plain wrong.
    actually guardian is only about dps, as there are 0 tank mechanics involved.

keeping MoU up and running in circles is not what I classify as tank mechanics.
    But if the boss lives long enough to cast 4 spells, you die and thus has a hard enrage timer and nothing else, I would call this a dps check and nothing else.

This is impossible with 880 gear.

I managed to complete it as a feral after 18 attempts. 910 ilvl with pouncers/cini Was pretty difficult and I think a bit of it comes done to luck with trinket/ooc procs
    Last edited by Zer0xChan; 2017-04-04 at 01:18 AM.

Deleted
    Managed to complete the moonkin one in 3 tries, (908 Ilvl) using OI and sephuz, took mass entanglement to proc sephuz, went starfall spec, use starfall in p1 to cast and move, in p2 just aoe, save interrupt for hand, second hand I used bloodlust for, and then just keep kiting and starfalling

10+ Year Old Account
    Managed to reach the 2nd add with the 4m nuke but coudnt finish it , all was on cd. Any tips for completing the encounter?

Any tips for usable items that will do wonders there?
    Last edited by AngelovV; 2017-04-04 at 08:38 AM.

Was able to get the boomkin one down today.. 899 equipped with ekowraith/cindaria as legendaries. Didn't use any cd's until the caster came out the first time and then I tunneled him hard. When melee came out for the final time I just rooted/kited him while I killed the caster.
    Last edited by vehx; 2017-04-04 at 07:07 AM.

https://imgur.com/a/V2Bsb

Got the feral one today on EU. Predator build with the legendary belt and boots - 904 equipped/916 weapons.

I tried to focus the flame imps as priority as I noticed a lot of people get hung up on the channelling/healing adds. Boss damage doesn't matter at all, it's casts do little to no damage and it doesn't matter if those adds channel onto the boss, you can out dps their heal. I cleaved off other imps/the boss and eventually they died. I also didn't use the roots tactic, just let them come and get cleaved.

Saved hero for the last teleport to get the shield off quick.

Honestly, my biggest killer were the damn meteors, as long as you focus the little imps and dps the boss other than that....you'll kill it every time, but those damn meteors!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have done it as balance druid yesterday morning on US servers. If you need explanation lmk.

Here is my achievement :

the fight is very simple:

Execution of the fight:
    1. At all times, prioritize damage on [Karam Magespear] to transition from phase one to phase 2
    1.1. Kite him ; make sure you have [Feral Affinity] to out run him easily if you have a problem.
    2. During phase two prioritize damage on [Raest Magespear].
    3. On phase two small adds will spawn, so make sure to AoE Them down.
    4. Avoid stepping on the purple runes (puddles), they will slow you down.
    5. Interrupt the add [Hand from Beyond] when he cast [Grasp from Beyond]
    6. [Raest magespear] when is active will spawn a small rune that you need to stand on it to avoid spawning an npc with 110m hp.
    7. rinse and repeat, this doesnt need an 10 000 words explanation.

What you should prioritize:
    1. Stay away in P1 from [Karam]
    2. Interupt [Grasp from Beyond]
    3. Step on the light purple rune to avoid spawning add.
    4. Prioritize the right target comes only after all of this.

PS: Pay attention to the blizzard raid warnings and read ability used during the scenario to understand them, also you can record urself over the attemps to learn from ur mistakes.

Legendary used:
    1. [Impeccable Fel Essence]
    2. [Lady and the Child]

Talents:
    [Warrior of Elune]
    [Renewal]
    [Restoration Affinity] or [Feral Affinity]
    [Mighty Bash]
    [Soul of the Forest]
    [Shooting Stars]
    [Stellar Drift]

Gear ilvl: 911
    Last edited by zcrooked; 2017-04-04 at 10:58 AM.

Just finished with agatha (feral)
    took me 10-13 tries by the looks of my nethershard count.

The fluiddruid topic has helped me a lot: http://fluiddruid.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6012
    I am 902 equipped and I used luffa wrapping and the 200 energy ring.

Though I believe she bugged on me a bit at the last bit of the fight.... she kept on translocating in the end so I just stayed in one place and hitted here as soon as she was on my spot again.

Boomkin one is a joke honestly.
    Boomkin/Mage/Whatever in Fatsharkyes