Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by darklift View Post
    Why not just repeat the prepatch invasions rather than world quests? Imo it was a lot more fun and everyone and anyone could do it. Not to mention it actually felt like an invasion with the amount of mobs rather than this current demons replacing the normal enemies in the zone.
    Because as time went on it was a horrible mess that took forever to do. Unless they made it so it was a zone wide damage buff, but even then it would cause more issues. This way everyone can still do it (if leveling you get XP too) and once done with the phases it's complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    What's to say that the invasions won't increase in intensity and uptime like they did during the Legion pre-patch?

People being overly dramatic as per usual.
    Well the patch notes do:

Assaults won’t be under way at all times. Once you’ve repelled the Legion Assault from the Broken Isles, it will take the Burning Legion some time to lick their wounds, regroup, and reinforce their troops before they return to try try again. Each Assault will be available for a relatively short period and with the Legion taking a little longer before they reemerge.

Now they probably will change this when they figure it out

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Oh, I am usually at work 9:00-19:00 which includes travel, so even 12 hrs invasion is cutting it close. And I don't plan to take weekends off for this...

I mean, it is no problem for my kind of work to visit MMO C for a coffee break, but certainly a problem to play ^^
    Me also. I leave 6:00 and get home at 19:00 (1:10 train ride each way). But luckily my wife will do it for me on days when she isn't working so my toon will get them done even if I don't play it. So I get same old content but at least she will unlock my flying
    "Peace is a lie"

Deleted
    how do you know when the invasion is up?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Yeah pretty pissed my self, Work all day, came home excited to try invasions out. found out they happened during the day whlst I was at work and likely wouldn't repeat again until I was heading to bed for work tomorrow.

Nice Foresight Blizzard.
    Easily flipped around for people who work 2nd/3rd shift

Yeah pretty pissed my self, Work all night, came home excited to try invasions out. found out they happened during the night whlst I was at work and likely wouldn't repeat again until I was heading to bed for work tomorrow.

Nice Foresight Darth Dracula

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentsatellite View Post
    Actually managed to do the Val invasion... only to not get credit for killing the final boss, and to find I'm not able to do the scenario again.

A whole hour of completely boring shit for absolutely nothing.
    Good news! You can definitely do it again with a bit of legwork for yourself.

Here are the steps to get to him again. (Courtesy: http://www.wowhead.com/quest=45856/b...nts:id=2483519 )

1. Go to the edge of the Temple of Elune, facing the entrance gate to the Black Rook Hold area
    2. Use the Emerald Winds toy and a slow fall mechanic for safety (Rocfeather Skyhorn Kite for example) and fly to the balcony thing between the two towers of the BRH area entrance gate, where Jarod is hanging out.
    3. Abandon quest and accept Jarod's daily quest.
    4. Talk to Jarod and queue up for the scenario.
    5. Keep your fingers crossed that you get kill credit this time.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2017-04-05 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Benjen666 View Post
    I don't think it's particularly over dramatic, why not make the assault 12 hours and it would fit (almost) everyone?
    Because it fits "almost everyone" now? Last nights was 5-11 pm EDT. The "majority" of people are 9-5. So unless you're working graveyard at McDonalds you didnt miss it.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    Because it fits "almost everyone" now? Last nights was 5-11 pm EDT. The "majority" of people are 9-5. So unless you're working graveyard at McDonalds you didnt miss it.
    EDT? That's US time isn't it? If so then it definitely wasn't that time as it was during the day.

Where do you jump from Elune, though? I've tried it for the last 1/2 hour and come no where close to making it. And once got stuck in a tree hole so badly I had to wait for my whistle CD to get out of it.

Deleted
    I'd prefer it if the invasion was shifted to the evening, if they insist on doing one a day currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    9-5 jobs haven't been the majority in a very, very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentsatellite View Post
    Where do you jump from Elune, though? I've tried it for the last 1/2 hour and come no where close to making it. And once got stuck in a tree hole so badly I had to wait for my whistle CD to get out of it.
    I'll be honest, I'm not sure. Just what I saw and figured I'd post. Part of the bug seems to be if you group queue and one of you don't talk to Jarod.

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    yep and missing out 1500 rep is insane for this rep grind.....
    the 1500 rep is a 1 time deal.

the invasions are at different times each day.
    so chances are, at some point everyone is going to get screwed.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iolar View Post
    how do you know when the invasion is up?
    Check the Broken Isles world zone maps every hour to see if they're under assault from the Legion. Pretty much all normal WQs are replaced with Legion ones.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Is it the same invasion at the same time or it rotates?
    they rotate invasions.

there is a chance for 2 invasions in 1 day.

the times they start at can change (yesterdays started at mid afternoon, this one started early in the morning).

Deleted
    Who needs a job when you can get free money from the goverment while playing wow..

Duration should be longer so regardless of work/school sched you can catch either the start of it or the tail end of it. 8 hours is dumb. 10-12 would have made more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    Duration should be longer so regardless of work/school sched you can catch either the start of it or the tail end of it. 8 hours is dumb. 10-12 would have made more sense.
    it's 6. on a rotating basis (ie, they aren't the same 6 hour window each day). i have no issue with this. basically, it should take 16 days for every invasion to rotate through each window.

Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    it's 6. on a rotating basis (ie, they aren't the same 6 hour window each day). i have no issue with this. basically, it should take 16 days for every invasion to rotate through each window.
    Yea I'm not too concerned to be honest. I guess they are trying to stretch out content anyways. Realistically i'm hyped for flying but then when I think more about it there is no point to really have flying anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    Yea I'm not too concerned to be honest. I guess they are trying to stretch out content anyways. Realistically i'm hyped for flying but then when I think more about it there is no point to really have flying anymore
    if people dont have flying 16 days from now, its on them, not on blizzard. provided that invasions continue to rotate what time they start at.

Pretty sure Blizzard also announced they are increasing in frequency as time goes on as well, much like the prelaunch event. The rewards aren't fantastic, about 1,250 Nethershards and 1.9 million AP. The AP is really nice, I won't deny it, but the shards at this point only give you a crafting mat for a legendary item (8000) or an extremely small chance at a legendary (5000). Aside from the AP, it's nothing to get excited about. Yes, it sucks you can't participate yet, but I'm sure that 1 of 3 things will happen.
    1). Blizz realizes the issue and makes them spawn twice a day.
    2). Blizz realizes the issue and the time till change. So 6 hours during the day now, but 6 hours at night on another week, rotating back and forth.
    3). Things stay as they are and people are upset about it.