Legendary WWYD question

Right now, I have frost bracers, frost belt, Exodar ring, Kilt, Norgannons, and Belovirs. I'm trying to decide what loot spec to be on for my next legendary. I'd still like to get the frost gloves, even though 4piece +2piece might be a thing, but it's not a high priority. I feel like I'm set for arcane, but I wouldn't mind any of those 3.

Right now I'm leaning towards loot speccing fire, because I wouldn't be surprised if it's buffed to #1 in 7-2-5. What do you people think?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersh View Post
    Right now, I have frost bracers, frost belt, Exodar ring, Kilt, Norgannons, and Belovirs. I'm trying to decide what loot spec to be on for my next legendary. I'd still like to get the frost gloves, even though 4piece +2piece might be a thing, but it's not a high priority. I feel like I'm set for arcane, but I wouldn't mind any of those 3.

Right now I'm leaning towards loot speccing fire, because I wouldn't be surprised if it's buffed to #1 in 7-2-5. What do you people think?
    Honestly, with you having the ring+braces, I'd immediately switch to fire. You have a great combo for single target/2 target cleave. I'd suggest going fire and praying for the DB helm
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Honestly, with you having the ring+braces, I'd immediately switch to fire. You have a great combo for single target/2 target cleave.
    You trollin friend? His fire would be 150k DPS behind his frost.

I have a similar issue almost everytime i log on.
    Which combo to use
    I know the standard response is Bracers/helm for aoe Bracers/belt for ST
    But i really dont feel as a player im getting the best from the belt, I find i hard to use fluently.

I have
    Helm, Bracers, Belt, Tw Ring, Trinket and Sephuz

I generally just run helm/bracers
    I think the moment you can hit a 2nd target with the helm, it beats the belt, even if its only a few times in the fight.

Im going to force myself into using the belt as ST is my weakest show right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Honestly, with you having the ring+braces, I'd immediately switch to fire. You have a great combo for single target/2 target cleave. I'd suggest going fire and praying for the DB helm
    Frost bracers are not the same thing. Even with the fire bracers fire is behind on almost every fight. The fights it is stronger then frost currently the fire bracers are only a tiny help.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    You trollin friend? His fire would be 150k DPS behind his frost.
    I think you think I'm talking about fire bracers, when I'm talking about frost bracers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Frost bracers are not the same thing. Even with the fire bracers fire is behind on almost every fight. The fights it is stronger then frost currently the fire bracers are only a tiny help.
    Same here. I'm not saying he should switch his spec to fire, i m saying he should switch his loot spec to fire
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

With new traits frost is nearly on par with fire for aoe and doubles fire dmg in st

fire died with 7.1.5 because of feedback coming from trade chat, RIP

P.S. I didn't even bother to unlock new traits for fire because it's only a waste of time (i have marquee and koralon for the record)
    Last edited by D3athsting; 2017-04-06 at 02:42 PM.
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Deleted
    Fire is still ok for aoe and MM+ and WQ. Just very bad in heroic and mythic raid atm.
    The problem is that this spec is where it should be right now. good AOE, bad ST.
    New golden traits do not solve the issue. it makes it even bigger.

With your actual legendaries, i think you could target fire loot spec to have the DB helm which is the best atm for aoe for mage.
    You can also notice that with the frost belt and the new talents, you have a very good frost aoe and that you do not NEED it that much.
    And, again, there is no frost relic loot in fire spec loot, so, you could also regret this kind of choice sometimes.