Question WoW - FPS Drop Since 7.2

-Win7
    -i7 3820 3.6ghz OCd to 4.2ghz
    -Asus Sabertooth x79 Motherboard
    -16GB RAM
    -GTX 980 TI @ 2560 x 1440 165hz
    -SSD

Those are my specs in a nutshell. Plenty powerful enough to run WoW in a 30 man raid at nearly maxed settings, and I was doing just that prior to 7.2! As it's been reported by other people I'm suffering from that 40-50% FPS loss for some unknown reason. Places were I use to get 120+ fps I get nearly half and in a full raid, LFR in Nighthold for example I get like 30-40 FPS...which for me is basically a unplayable experience.

I've done all of the normal stuff since the patch has been out, changed all my settings back to what they were and all that. So before I get home from work today and just completely delete the WTF, Interface, Cache folders I wanted to ask other people what they are doing? Playing without addons to keep your FPS high? Reloading your addons until you find which one is broken?

I know you can rename your old WTF, Interface, Config folders and delete the new ones after you launch the game again but at this point if something is corrupt or whatever I'd just feel better deleting them all together. I can reconfigure my addon settings, that's not a deal breaker for me.

Here is what I typically run for addons.
    -LUI Core
    -Bartender
    -VuhDo
    -GTFO
    -Weakauras
    -Skada
    -Shadowed Unit Frames
    -Tidyplates (I also heard Blizzard changed something with the Nameplates API so I'm going to try disabling this first)
    -Masque
    -Tip/Tac
    -Omni CC
    -Quartz

Any help/suggestions would be great!
    Last edited by Quickpaw; 2017-04-05 at 02:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Disable your addons and check if you still have a problem, then re-enable yours addons 1 by 1.

You can just delete WTF, cache, interface folder and reinstall fresh downloaded addons.
    Last edited by reemi; 2017-04-05 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by reemi View Post
    Disable your addons and check if you still have a problem, then re-enable yours addons 1 by 1.

You can just delete WTF, cache, interface folder and reinstall fresh downloaded addons.
    Update

Yesterday was Raid Night for us, so didn't want to wipe everything just yet and fix it all back up before Raid. Following screenshots will show you what I changed and the results of those changes, I also turned Shadows down from High to Good for another 15-20 FPS gain.

Low FPS w/Settings
    Better FPS w/Settings

The first thing I did was just completely disable all addons and compared it with the FPS I was getting with them all on standing in the same place, no difference, so turned them back on and started tweaking a few things. Changing these got me by for the night but I definitely do not believe the issue is resolved because normally those settings do not have to be scaled back.

Another thing I noticed after raid, so this is about 3.5-4hrs of my game running, is that my FPS dropped by the end of the Raid. I ported to Dalaran after Raid and was sitting somewhere around 50ish FPS. Exited the game and relaunched it..standing in the same place, boom..100+ FPS again. Memory leak?

This evening might be when I just delete all of those folders and rebuild the UI. Idk yet..

Quote Originally Posted by Quickpaw View Post
    Update

Yesterday was Raid Night for us, so didn't want to wipe everything just yet and fix it all back up before Raid. Following screenshots will show you what I changed and the results of those changes, I also turned Shadows down from High to Good for another 15-20 FPS gain.

Low FPS w/Settings
    Better FPS w/Settings

The first thing I did was just completely disable all addons and compared it with the FPS I was getting with them all on standing in the same place, no difference, so turned them back on and started tweaking a few things. Changing these got me by for the night but I definitely do not believe the issue is resolved because normally those settings do not have to be scaled back.

Another thing I noticed after raid, so this is about 3.5-4hrs of my game running, is that my FPS dropped by the end of the Raid. I ported to Dalaran after Raid and was sitting somewhere around 50ish FPS. Exited the game and relaunched it..standing in the same place, boom..100+ FPS again. Memory leak?

This evening might be when I just delete all of those folders and rebuild the UI. Idk yet..
    That spot where you are testing is 100% down to view distance. Put everything at 7 then just move the slider from 10 down a notch each time, you will see FPS get higher with each step down.

I copied your settings from second screenshot and am getting 80-85 FPS but wouldnt be an apples to apples unless we were on same server. I did gul'dan LFR yesterday and on the 7 preset i range from 48 FPS to 70, mostly 60-65 range but 48 was the lowest i saw. Just if you wanted to do a quick comparison.