Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

Grandfather: "AR15 is unfair" during home invasion.

You always strive to be respectable when someone has lost someone, but in some cases you just want to call them a moron.

This about sums up my feelings:

You know who says things are "unfair" in fights out of sanctioned sports rings? Beat up and dead people's relatives thats who.

I felt like you took that out of context. I generally agree with what the Grandfather said, you don't need to kill an intruder. Whether it was deemed necessary by the home owner's son I can't know so it could have been justified.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Dumb old man is dumb. If they came in armed with weapons then they were more than likely willing to use them if they encountered resistance from the home owner. The guy that shot them dead did nothing wrong.

Deleted
    Brass knuckles can still kill or cripple for life, it would be unfair to bring a knuckle duster to a fist fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fighting fair when your life is on the line is, well, stupid.....

10+ Year Old Account
    I have found an excellent way to avoid getting shot for breaking into someone’s house.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Aye, don't break into someone's house...
    Goddamnit, I was hoping to sell my excellent idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I felt like you took that out of context. I generally agree with what the Grandfather said, you don't need to kill an intruder. Whether it was deemed necessary by the home owner's son I can't know so it could have been justified.
    Other articles say 3 teenagers broke in wearing all black with masks and 2 were armed with brass knuckles and a knife. Just the fact they broke in is unnerving enough, but to also have weapons displayed while conducting criminal actions (they broke in), it's silly to ask/assume the homeowner would put himself at risk to avoid harm to themselves?

It's not like the guy shot 3 kids in t-shirts and shorts with only backpacks on for the loot they were going to steal.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

10+ Year Old Account
    Problem I have with an AR16 for "home defense" is the rounds tend to not stop at your property line once fired.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty dangerous gun to use for home defence

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    I have found an excellent way to avoid getting shot for breaking into someone’s house.
    Me, too. Is it the same way to not getting shot for breaking into someone's house? I think it could be. What's yours?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Get no argument from me on AR-15 being the less optimal home defense firearm, unless maybe using purpose made frangible ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I generally agree with what the Grandfather said, you don't need to kill an intruder.
    That's because you are human garbage. When the tables are turned and you are fending for your life maybe you will finally come to your senses.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-04-05 at 05:24 PM.

Unfair, bad choice who cares.

You could say putting a claymore at the foot of my stairs isn't sporting, but it got the job done.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shocking. It's unfair to be better prepared to defend yourself than your attackers are to attack you.

EDIT: I like that wraith, but won't that cause a lot of collateral damage to your house? Seems like a lot of rebuilding/painting to go through. but then again, I doubt anyone else would try breaking in afterwards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Me, too. Is it the same way to not getting shot for breaking into someone's house? I think it could be. What's yours?
    1. Disguise yourself as a nun
    2. Walk past the property a few times to see if anyone is there
    3. Do not break in

I bet if he needed one to defend himself he'd think differently.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Pretty dangerous gun to use for home defence
    As opposed to a not dangerous gun?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    That's because you are human garbage. When the tables are turned and you are fending for your life maybe you will finally come to your senses.
    0-100 real quick there bud

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    As opposed to a not dangerous gun?
    Well yes some guns are less dangerous than others believe it or not