Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Pretty dangerous gun to use for home defence
    Thats the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    1. Disguise yourself as a nun
    2. Walk past the property a few times to see if anyone is there
    3. Do not break in
    I was going for the elaborate lamp disguise, holding very still and not even breathing. But I concede yours may work as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    0-100 real quick there bud
    See, and since the US hands people like him guns, we're saying gun control is not good enough in the US. :P

Have this conversation irl with the dude and give him a gun before hand, now we're talking escalation...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I was going for the elaborate lamp disguise, holding very still and not even breathing. But I concede yours may work as well.
    Dressing as a lamp does not give you an excuse to use the word 'wimple'.

QED nun > lamp.

IMO home defense is best left to handguns and pistol grip/tactical shotguns. AR15 is overkill (too much penetration). You should always shoot what you're best with though I suppose.

On-topic, the old man shouldn't expect a fair life or death fight .

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Dressing as a lamp does not give you an excuse to use the word 'wimple'.

QED nun > lamp.
    Pure genius. Foolproof!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maconi View Post
    IMO home defense is best left to handguns and pistol grip/tactical shotguns. AR15 is overkill (too much penetration). You should always shoot what you're best with though I suppose.

On-topic, the old man shouldn't expect a fair life or death fight .
    For some reason, I suspect the grandfather is a creationist and doesn't believe in evolution when the evidence stares him right in the face.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

We're thinking about opening a colosseum here where I live and I'd love to know what a fair fight would be against 3 attackers with melee weapons to put my money on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I felt like you took that out of context. I generally agree with what the Grandfather said, you don't need to kill an intruder. Whether it was deemed necessary by the home owner's son I can't know so it could have been justified.
    That's stupid. If someone breaks into my house I'm not going to go easy on them... Once you break into someone's home, you lose your right to mercy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Well yes some guns are less dangerous than others believe it or not
    So then all guns are dangerous...why qualify an answer any other way? Guns, by design, are meant to kill...I don't know that a lethality scale is at all relevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    So then all guns are dangerous...why qualify an answer any other way? Guns, by design, are meant to kill...I don't know that a lethality scale is at all relevant.
    It's not about the lethality it's about penetrating power and the chance of collateral damage (which is a rather low chance but still)

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post

You always strive to be respectable when someone has lost someone, but in some cases you just want to call them a moron.

This about sums up my feelings:

You know who says things are "unfair" in fights out of sanctioned sports rings? Beat up and dead people's relatives thats who.
    brass knuckles and knives are unfair against an unarmed robbery victim as well.

Sorry your offspring was a complete fuckup. Darwin asks you to try again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because there are differences? For example, a .22LR has an effective range of 140m. An AR15 is between 400 and 1500 depending on model and ammo. So the odds of an AR15 round continuing past your target, off your property and into someone else's house is far higher.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

The AR might've been the closest to him when he heard the whole group of armed people entering his house illegally and in disguise.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    [video=youtube;HfHnsPWO-Gg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfHnsPWO-Gg[/]

You always strive to be respectable when someone has lost someone, but in some cases you just want to call them a moron.

This about sums up my feelings:

You know who says things are "unfair" in fights out of sanctioned sports rings? Beat up and dead people's relatives thats who.
    Don't bring brass knuckles to a gun fight.

Understand the man feels he has to stand up for his grandkid and feel for him, but his grandson and his friends earned their fate, you break into anothers home and you put your life at risk every time as you are risking the lives and safety of those inside or at the very least giving them that impression when in groups or armed and they were both.

Feel bad for the family for their loss, but the kids earned their fate and I feel no mercy for them in that and do not hold the homeowner responsible at all.

About the only time I ever feel like the homeowner overstepped is if he already has them subdued and harmless or they are caught like that one guy who was in the shower or they are already passed out somewhere and of no threat to anyone.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Deleted
    As opposed to a not dangerous gun?
    im Swed so i dont know much about guns but i think he means that it fires bulets at high speed which penetrates walls and could hurt neighbors or ppl walking outside his house or other ppl in house.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Because there are differences? For example, a .22LR has an effective range of 140m. An AR15 is between 400 and 1500 depending on model and ammo. So the odds of an AR15 round continuing past your target, off your property and into someone else's house is far higher.
    So anything from a .22 up can miss or pass and kill someone 50 yards away easily...a reasonable distance most residences are apart where something like your argument would matter. Back on subject, guy could have been an avid target shooter and grabbed a weapon of opportunity, I don't think he was being mindful of downrange ballistics at the time.

Deleted
    So anything from a .22 up can miss or pass and kill someone 50 yards away easily...a reasonable distance most residences are apart where something like your argument would matter. Back on subject, guy could have been an avid target shooter and grabbed a weapon of opportunity, I don't think he was being mindful of downrange ballistics at the time.
    dont think a gun like that would go true walls tho

I think folks who break into homes in the US are just asking to be shot. Its a pretty stupid idea all around. Pity this grandpa didnt teach his decedent some simple ideas like stealing is wrong.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I feel sorry for the family of the ones that died, but no, there is no fair fight when it comes to protecting yourself/home.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel for the old man but it seems like you should have explained the possible consequences of entering a strangers house, without permission, whilst carrying weapons.

It generally doesn't end well for you.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis