Whats coming for raiding? ROTP Q2 and new raid in the Fall

A RIFT team member (Gingers) went to the forums to offer an update on some things that were not in the producers letter.

We had a Producer's Letter not long ago and I know that the community has asked for more communication so I figured I'd give you all a quick update. This update does not include everything.

"We have a long term plan, we have things in the works and we know what we want to work on so right now we're deep into making the final plans on scheduling what we can and can't deliver for 4.2. While the leads are working on the day-to-day schedule, the devs are mostly bug fixing and making tweaks based on your feedback of 4.1 as well as continuing work for 4.2.

Although I manage all the schedules for the RIFT team, I'm most heavily involved with the character art team so I can give you more in-depth info there. We have a new armor set in the works, the Chain set of it is being modeled now. We loved Carli's jacket and decided to make the armor using that jacket as reference. Over half the models and textures for the NPCs of Vostigar Peaks are already created, they are now in progress of being rigged and animated. Orca Skywhale and a new Tenebrean Colossus?

Summerfest is fully planned out and being worked on. The new mount is being animated and an outfit based on that mount is having concept art created. Several items such as weapons themed around Seahorses are currently getting bubble VFX added.

We're also starting on plans for later this year such as Autumn Harvest (Una outfit?) and what new rewards to create for Extra Life."

After this someone went to ask about Intrepid ROTP, the upscaled progression raid.

"Yes IRotP is in progress, planned for Q2. Another raid after that is also in progress currently slotted for the Fall.

Like I said, that update doesn't cover everything."

Did not say whether the fall raid would be a LFR only raid or a progression raid, hopefully both...

I think it's good they were more vocal here, but that means after a year of release there will only be 2 raids.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Seems not much. As someone who likes progression raiding I'm fucked because Intrepid ROTP isn't even open yet. I'm literally done with Rift until they can be bothered to make a game worth my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Seems not much. As someone who likes progression raiding I'm fucked because Intrepid ROTP isn't even open yet. I'm literally done with Rift until they can be bothered to make a game worth my time.
    Agreed, there is really nothing here if you are a raider, Tartaric Depths couldn't last a week because of how easy it is, ROTP could be anywhere from 1 week to 3 months away, and then it's nothing until fall which may or may not be progression.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Agreed, there is really nothing here if you are a raider, Tartaric Depths couldn't last a week because of how easy it is, ROTP could be anywhere from 1 week to 3 months away, and then it's nothing until fall which may or may not be progression.
    Would like to add I do like PvE content as well but this is all have for 70.

1 Outdoor zone event.
    4 Dungeons that are way too easy.
    LFR which again is way too easy and the RNG is so awful people are starting to buy bonus rolls.
    Instanced Rifts (Woop de do the same thing I've been doing for ages but inside an instance)

I have nothing that gives me any form of a challenge whatsoever. I don't mean something super hard either just something that takes some effort. Eternal Weapons quest is just a mindless grindfest too.