Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Yeah, I remember Blizz saying that they weren't happy with Necro durability, and had some plans to fix that... So they added a legendary that lets Bone Shield stack more.

I don't think that's as helpful as they think it is.

As it stands, the Bone armor set is crap. pushing 60s at best
    The rathma, pet set, is pushing 90s.
    Pestilence set, the corpse lance one, no one uses.
    The Blood set, falls in 2nd but is a bit weird.

Overall it seems like they are pushing the pet set for top. and they are adding ridiculous stacking mechanics everywhere. At this point id rather play a barb on live.

bone armor stacks. With the inarius set it will refreshwhole stack, without it, each stack is refreshed individually, so you will lose most of it during rg.
    Rathma set, stack dr on pet hits TO 50. hope you dont lose that stack
    Blood, play with stacks of a healing damage back n forth crap
    Plague, stack damage up on coprse lance with the set and a non set legendary. every single one is based on stacking mechanics, sometimes 2 or more if you use bone armor.
    Last edited by Binaris; 2017-05-12 at 12:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    Overall it seems like they are pushing the pet set for top.
    Doesn't surprise me, whenever anyone talks about Necros they always talk about wanting a pet class. Seriously, 90% of the comment section for ANY Necro thread is people discussing pets.

It seems like the safest course for Blizzard, to make sure that the pet set is strong. Other sets, like the MeleeMancer and that odd pestilence one, they can be dealt with later, once everyone has been roped in with pets.

EDIT: Also, looking at the legendary list... Do you think a generator build using Drain Life and the Offhand that gives you a free blood nova when you use Drain Life at max health would work? Combine it with the leg to make Blood Drain hit three targets and it could be surprisingly good damage.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

well that is fine, hopefully next class they add wont be pet based, i hate pets. depending on price still might buy it to support

10+ Year Old Account
    Fingers crossed the next class they add will be a shapeshifter. I'll be ALL over that.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Doesn't surprise me, whenever anyone talks about Necros they always talk about wanting a pet class. Seriously, 90% of the comment section for ANY Necro thread is people discussing pets.

It seems like the safest course for Blizzard, to make sure that the pet set is strong. Other sets, like the MeleeMancer and that odd pestilence one, they can be dealt with later, once everyone has been roped in with pets.

EDIT: Also, looking at the legendary list... Do you think a generator build using Drain Life and the Offhand that gives you a free blood nova when you use Drain Life at max health would work? Combine it with the leg to make Blood Drain hit three targets and it could be surprisingly good damage.
    Basically this.

About the blood legendaries - i like the triple siphon one, i hope it also means triple the effect. As for the free blood nova...meh. Small chance at max hp is kinda bogus and next to zero chance to proc it. It should be either small-ish chance to proc each time it restores hp/deals dmg.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Honestly, they would have made a killing if instead of classes where most builds and skills are useless, they went diablo 3 with heroes instead of classes. Moba style characters, diablo style gameplay, yet still find a way to have loot drops and upgrades to hunt for. New characters would be a constant source of income. And balance would be much more easily achieved.

Honestly, they would have made a killing if instead of classes where most builds and skills are useless, they went diablo 3 with heroes instead of classes. Moba style characters, diablo style gameplay, yet still find a way to have loot drops and upgrades to hunt for. New characters would be a constant source of income. And balance would be much more easily achieved.
    Well, it's not a bad idea - on paper. "Problem" is that in Diablo there are not this many nephalem with "unlocked powers" - we're literally a bunch of people who achieved the status of Nephalem after 20 years, so it would just break the lore, in the sense that it would be completely anticlimatic to have suddendly hundreds of different heroes to become this powerful (until a big plot twist happens).

The meta balance would be "kinda solved" - there will still exist a meta and most people would play that, but given how many possibilites you have at hand, youwill have more people playing what they like instead of meta (given that Journey is doable with any character).

The structure you propose may work, but it won't feel much like Diablo. Honestly i will just wait for the next installation in the seire and stop hoping that D3 will change in a way or another.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    About the blood legendaries - i like the triple siphon one, i hope it also means triple the effect. As for the free blood nova...meh. Small chance at max hp is kinda bogus and next to zero chance to proc it. It should be either small-ish chance to proc each time it restores hp/deals dmg.
    I saw quite a good idea on Reddit: Basically it would always have a chance to proc the free nova, but the chance would be increased by how much health you have. So at around 50% it would have maybe a 20% chance to proc, building up to maybe a 40% chance when you're at full health.

And balance would be much more easily achieved.
    I cried a little when I read that . look at the patch notes for ANY MOBA, and I think it'll instantly become clear that they're FAR harder to balance than D3's current system.

While I do quite like the idea of a Diablo style game, but with Heroes instead of classes, I strongly doubt it would be any easier to balance and would basically end up exactly the same as we have now, except instead of people playing a certain class and then using the set/build which is most efficient, they would use the Hero which is most efficient.
    Last edited by Gallahadd; 2017-05-12 at 02:29 PM.

I saw quite a good idea on Reddit: Basically it would always have a chance to proc the free nova, but the chance would be increased by how much health you have. So at around 50% it would have maybe a 20% chance to proc, building up to maybe a 40% chance when you're at full health.
    That wouldn't work either. It's more likely you won't be at full hp than anything else, especially with a blood set that it's all about spending/regenerating hp. It would make more sense in reverse.

Or if it was a chance not based on hp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Or if it was a chance not based on hp.
    That would be the best way to do it. Just give it a chance to proc a Nova whenever Drain ticks... It's not exactly a game breaking legendary.

Fingers crossed the next class they add will be a shapeshifter. I'll be ALL over that.
    There are werewolf monsters in the new zones on the map...made me think, druid/shapeshifter is next.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    There are werewolf monsters in the new zones on the map...made me think, druid/shapeshifter is next.
    That could work... Instead of giving us a straight druid, make the class "Lycanthrope", just focus on the Wolf shifting aspect and make that as varied as possible.

7+ Year Old Account
    There's a new Rift Guardian - Vesalius
    He is a giant Enslaved Nightmare that has a few key abilities:
    Frozen Pulse (Same as every other pulse you’ve seen in game)
    Wormhole (Same as every other wormhole you’ve seen in game)
    Butt Blaster Balls (Shoots a handful of balls that are sure to wreck your day if you’re standing still)
    Boss moves very quickly and is nearly impossible to outrun without a teleport of some kind
    0 Adds spawned throughout the bossfight.
    https://troupster.com/new-boss-in-diablo-3-vesalius/

Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post

https://troupster.com/new-boss-in-diablo-3-vesalius/
    "butt blaster balls"

Made my day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    This guy sounds like my worst nightmare...

Deleted
    I love the idea of MOBA style characters in Diablo, but this would completely change the game itself, I doubt you could use sets etc. You would be rather picking one of the sets as a separate character, completely limitng the number of abilities and items to use.

But well if there was like 20-30 characters to choose from, it might be interesting

It would be a completely different game and not exactly fit in the diabloverse. But could be something very interesting if done right. Would fit in an arpg though, and really allow story to expand greatly using hero characters instead of nameless players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh, I wouldn't be surprised if they did a spinoff ARPG set in the diablo universe, but doing deeper into the Lore.

Imagine a Dragon Age style game, but set in the Diablo world... I'd snatch that up day one.

Not that this discussion is really on topic but I really don't see the appeal of a moba-styled ARPG? You would just bake in skill selection and maybe 6 sets but it wouldn't REALLY add to actual choice in any real way. And don't kid yourself that the Diablo Team at Blizzard would suddenly be able to balance anything. It would take very little time to fix, say, Jade Harvester, but they can't be bothered to give it a real 4 set so it remains one of most fragile sets in the game.

This guy sounds like my worst nightmare...
    Especially for a necro. I was trying out levels 30-35 last night (yeah, going slow) and anything with minions/adds...I love. More corpses, more explosions.

Boss with no adds, who moves fast? GOD. FUCKING. DAMN. IT. STAY STILL SO I CAN GENERATE ESSENCE! I really had a few grindy as hell boss battles there.