Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    and once you reach max level?
    imagine how bullshit it would be to
    A. require loremaster to start invasions
    B. be unable to do quests in a zone because invasions all day every day
    They couldve fixed that with a simple message saying 'You are entering a zone which is underattack press no to skip the invasion and to proceed to the zone without the invasion or some shit like that.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    and once you reach max level?
    imagine how bullshit it would be to
    A. require loremaster to start invasions
    B. be unable to do quests in a zone because invasions all day every day
    A way to opt out of invasions? 24 hour invasions? There are plenty of alternatives but none of them are particularly effective nor plausible. Hence why they did what they did. The original implementation was a shitty idea and I admitted that in my first post.

Quote Originally Posted by CasualWorgen View Post
    Earlier today, game designer Ion answered a concern over on twitter that concerned the unfeasible timing of the newly introduced Legion Invasions and responded as follows, "It's not every day at the same time... it'll cycle through all possibly times of day over time."
    https://twitter.com/WatcherDev/statu...36750318497792

Good news for generally busy people?
    ah ye brillian Ion "you think you do but you dont " at his best again

fire that clueless moron already blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    ah ye brillian Ion "you think you do but you dont " at his best again

fire that clueless moron already blizzard
    Yes because this decision was his alone. The statement is a dodge from the obvious unanimous decision to make it take as long as possible.

But then again, just like with GC, the real morons will continue to think it's the fault of one guy.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post

Update: It is 9 am here, just made a coffee. Checked WoW: Stormheim is another 30 mins under attack. So I guess I should have checked WoW at 3:30 in the middle of the night.

Idiocy...there goes the second day for me...
    Exactly same situation here. The bad part is, even if they removed the achievement, you still need that rep. Making up for the missed invasion killing rares and farming boxes would take you all day. 1600 rep, just vanished because of blizzard's stupid logic.

Have fun getting up in the middle of the night if you want to get flying quick.

Deleted
    what a complete and utter failure this patch has been. on top of all the other bullshit the invasions that were supposed to be one of the main things in it are such a mess that even they themselves have to acknowledge it by removing it from the acheivment. if heads don't roll after this then we'll know these guys have the job for life and nothing will improve going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    i still don't get why they don't used the basic design of the pre patch.
    I think these invasion events are baked into the WQ system, which are tied to random times with discrete possible starting times.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

That is what I thought....more than 3k rep that I couldn't get because I work. As said in other threads, I don't know what would have been so hard to have more frequent invasions, but whoever helps out twice with them can only loot a mediocre amount of shads, but gets no rep or other reward....

At this rate, flying will rather take 4 weeks to unlock - only thing is that I don't freak out about no flying, but the system is still infuriating now
    I just read trough another thread and someone said that you get 1600 rep only once for the initial invasion.

Can anyone confirm this?

7+ Year Old Account
    will 7.2 be the worst patch ever?

Deleted
    I don't know who at Blizz came up with this great idea of the invasion schedule, but it ultimately leads to not being able to participate in the invasions for a lot of people. I was looking forward to doing the invasions, but with a regular working schedule and also some other commitments in my spare time there are only a few evenings in the week, where I can play and most of the time there wont be an invasion up. Good job Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    In other words, you did not understand the statement. But at least you shat on Blizzard, so good on you! You'll do great around here.
    Linking significant in-game stuff to shit that goes on at weird, random hours is unfun.

It's one thing to log in at a time of your choosing and go fight RNG for a piece of gear. It's another thing altogether to wonder when the fuck you need to log in and explain to your boss/wife/mom why you MUST go play a game.

Anyway, glad they backed partly off that particular bit of stupidity.

Its shocking how 7.2 has been handled so far

We have a mage tower that is now destroyed and the slowness of it being built could take weeks so there goes my weekend of trying to down that challenge mode

We have invasions that is run on such a weird schedule where if you aint online at 2am on a thursday morning you are SOL for that day

I swear i want to know what the fuck is going on with the hipsters over at Irvine, CA and why they thought these was a good idea?

I understand they want to stretch content but damn guys you already have given us plenty to do so why gate these in the most stupidest way possible?

You already did invasions right in the prelaunch, you already did things like Mage tower right with Isle of thunder, You already did things right with timeless isle so why the fuck did you throw all that in the bin for this? Does your electricity run on pissed off wow players energy or something?
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2017-04-06 at 08:13 AM.

Well..that would be the icing on the cake ^^
    Can confirm this. Boyfriend just did the invasion for the 2nd time and he got nothing.

Have fun realm hopping the chests. HA

Quote Originally Posted by Sensimilla View Post
    Can confirm this. Boyfriend just did the invasion for the 2nd time and he got nothing.

Have fun realm hopping the chests. HA
    Omg, no Legionfall war supplies, no rep.. Why even do these then.. I'll just wait until the other two buildings are up and there's a reasonable amount of daily content to even bother to go to the Broken Shore... what the hell are they thinking???

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Omg, no Legionfall war supplies, no rep.. Why even do these then.. I'll just wait until the other two buildings are up and there's a reasonable amount of daily content to even bother to go to the Broken Shore... what the hell are they thinking???
    Well you need to do them for the Pathfinder oh wait....

Im nearly halfway to revered already. How are some of you so terrible?

Keep in mind this has nothing to do with how much time I play as you can clearly see its gated.

Quote Originally Posted by sdagdhfj View Post
    Well you need to do them for the Pathfinder oh wait....
    The new 'content', the only reason you would do them now is to level alts and get gear trough it for newly leveled toons.

Other than that, invasions are useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensimilla View Post
    The new 'content', the only reason you would do them now is to level alts and get gear trough it for newly leveled toons.

Other than that, invasions are useless.
    Such a epic waste i honestly cant believe how much dev time they spent to do this when

A. You can do it if you are not on a schedule such as work, school etc

B. Is totally useless character progression wise!
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2017-04-06 at 08:37 AM.

Deleted
    Who cares...? Get a grip. MMO's are designed to reward players for time investment. I can't make all the times, I'm not whining.
    Players with more time also known here as no-lifers should get ahead similar to the way you would be at an advantage farming a rare elite.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceape View Post
    Who cares...? Get a grip. MMO's are designed to reward players for time investment. I can't make all the times, I'm not whining.
    Players with more time also known here as no-lifers should get ahead similar to the way you would be at an advantage farming a rare elite.
    Time investment means you spending your playtime doing the task in hand not setting your alarm clock to 4am to do content that you should be able to do at 4PM!