Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    LOL at some of you guys telling people to stop playing the game or stop whining because Blizzard royally fucked up one of the main events of the patch without communicating it better to the playerbase. Not every one plays at the same time and WoW hasn't been designed around time-restricted events for a very long time.

I would rather do the events but the way they have this current shit show running is pretty asinine.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

7+ Year Old Account

I pay 15 bucks to play the content

I dont mind content being gated behind skill but gated behind schedule is the most retarded thing blizz has done in a while.

With MMOs being a 24 hour thing the content should always be available at anytime raids, pvp, quests etc Saying oh you dont deserve to do the event cause you couldnt be bothered to wake up at 4am or skip work yadda is asinine.

Now iam glad they removed the requirement for flying cause i have jumped through enough hoops for that already and if i see people flying and being able to do things quicker but i cant cause i had to work when that highmountain invasion happened that would royally have pissed me off and yes flying is important to us whos time is limited cause flying makes doing WQs so much quicker and you need to keep up wit the AP grind.

Deleted
    It's great that I'll be able to fly without doing these but the problem is I'd still like to do them... The EU one today spawned at fucking 2:55am, what kind of bullshit is that?

Easier solution would have been to increase the frequency of the events themselves...

This seems... odd, even for me to accept, if that was teh case why not just go back to the old system of buying flying in Broken Isles?

Infact, frankly that almost feels like the direction they're going with this. Dont fix what wasnt broken 4 years ago eh?

Just love that invasion start times... 5am till 11am...

their personal resource work on class design for 7.2.5. wait after this patch for invasion frequency. i expect that programming the change is a hard deep in work..
    Last edited by Arvandor; 2017-04-06 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    their personal resource work on class design for 7.2.5. wait after this patch for invasion frequency. i expect that programming the change is a hard deep in work..
    Hardly that difficult, scripting the actual event would be no harder than changing the consistency of timing for event launch for the sake of latency issues, its bizzare to me, honestly.

I was expecting this to be scripted to launch one invasion per hour per each zone.

So this is news, infact it just sounds like sloppy scripting.

So you just need to whine and Blizzard gives you everything. No surprise this game is a casualfest designed for spoiled kids.

Deleted
    Good change. The AP grind already gives enough unfun content you feel forced to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Saafiaxo View Post
    Kind of sad that I won't be flying like some other people tomorrow. Still 5k behind in rep X_x
    How are you people so far already - I just hit honored and I did my dailies/hand-ins every day?

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    Why are you even here then? I dont get it.

Because

"They don't give a shit about the game right now, but they care very deeply about the story and want to keep up with it"

Which is all good and fine, but I always see this bull shit reason on forums posts about current ingame changes not on any lore related posts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    So you just need to whine and Blizzard gives you everything. No surprise this game is a casualfest designed for spoiled kids.
    It's not really whining when its a legitimate complaint,

If the events are specifically timed, and that gap is large, then some people such as myself get screwed over because we have to work 9-5.

Some sort of fix was needed, don't get me wrong I wouldn't complain if they say, did a random invasion at 9pm every night, or substituted the achievement for something else, exalted instead of revered with the faction, or x amount of world quests etc.

frist saying they will reduce the spawn time....that all i want. now that.

sometimes i think we don't need any difficult anymore, so everyone can have everything...
    but on the other hand the make a new challenge with you can't get with an item lvl under 895...can't say what tey want

so where can i spend my 5k for flying in legion?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by navaler View Post
    frist saying they will reduce the spawn time....that all i want. now that.

sometimes i think we don't need any difficult anymore, so everyone can have everything...
    but on the other hand the make a new challenge with you can't get with an item lvl under 895...can't say what tey want

so where can i spend my 5k for flying in legion?
    I did the new challenge at an 890 ilvl. :3

5 pages and no one comments on the fact that the developers don't even know how their own game works?

It says that WQ's come and go during the day but the only WQ's without atleast a 24h timer is 1 PvP zone quest which rotates constantly...
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    Score one for whiners.
    ahahah, true, but i understand their decision. Its not easy to please everyone, but like a paid game/service all want to have the content avaiable.
    I know hardcore players dont like casual players, its normal, but in the end all pay the same bucks per month ^^

It's a smart and the best decision.
    Last edited by mmoc7e8b1c3630; 2017-04-06 at 10:46 AM.

woo that means flying for me as soon as the hotfix goes live, already hit revered today ^_^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gregorbasse View Post
    So how am I supposed to do these assaults? Right now they happen roughly 6am-10am my local time. Guess what I am doing during this period? I wake up and go to work. It's cool that it won't affect flying, but isn't rescheduling the event a better solution? There is still a quest and achievements for them. WTF Bliz once again.
    Well if the achievement is removed from PF2, then I am quite OK and will wait for the weekend, this means Sunday (cause on Saturday, I have many other RL things to do...), to participate in an invasion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Draugr View Post
    ahahah, true, but i understand their decision. Its not easy to please everyone, but like a paid game/service all want to have the content avaiable.
    I know hardcore players dont like casual players, its normal, but in the end all pay the same bucks per month ^^

It was a smart and the best decision.
    It's also a bad idea to piss off casual players who actually pay subs and probably even buy tokens, so the people buying tokens can play without paying real cash.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sdagdhfj View Post
    I pay 15 bucks to play the content

I dont mind content being gated behind skill but gated behind schedule is the most retarded thing blizz has done in a while.

With MMOs being a 24 hour thing the content should always be available at anytime raids, pvp, quests etc Saying oh you dont deserve to do the event cause you couldnt be bothered to wake up at 4am or skip work yadda is asinine.

Now iam glad they removed the requirement for flying cause i have jumped through enough hoops for that already and if i see people flying and being able to do things quicker but i cant cause i had to work when that highmountain invasion happened that would royally have pissed me off and yes flying is important to us whos time is limited cause flying makes doing WQs so much quicker and you need to keep up wit the AP grind.
    Yeah, this is a thing I only have seen in F2P games before, and not even in all of them. I know why I don't have access to some parts of the content - this is a thing of community demands and my lacking willingness to participate in such type of content (=all organised content) - but in case of invasions, being shut off due to schedule issues, is quite insane. I don't even bother with micro events because they are just too short to enjoy them. But having progress relevant content only last some hours a day at a time where people are at work, school or whatever, or expect them to cut their sleep time to participate, is shady business.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Draugr View Post

It was a smart and the best decision.
    This is not even about hardcore vs. casual but more about common sense vs. living in a fantasy world.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Well if the achievement is removed from PF2, then I am quite OK and will wait for the weekend, this means Sunday (cause on Saturday, I have many other RL things to do...), to participate in an invasion.
    I do not care about it being a part of PF2, I do care about the fact that a huge part of new content, the long-awaited Legion assaults are time-gated. And it's not like it was in pre-patch, it's much worse, to the point that many people just cannot do them. It's a good advice to do them on saturday, but I do not want to wake up early to do the event.