Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    Actually you CAN do everything you could before.

Leveling players can participate and get good xp.
    Doing the quests GIVES you the rep for the zone.
    What other stuff? Farming? Can still do it! RP'ing? Do it!

You literally have no argument there with those points.
    They could also just, for example, give you the quest "Legion Invasion: Stormheim!", and then you turn it in, the area becomes phased into the invasion. This way you can skip it if you feel like it.
    I woke up earlier today to catch the invasion and it was already over. If anything I'd like it if they kept one in the morning, and one in the evening.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cateran View Post
    That's not true, just use your braincells, pretty sure you can figure it out why.....
    hint:"World Quests all have different durations, with longer durations reserved for more challenging quests. They do not 'reset' at a certain time like daily quests."
    But you also don't need to target specific world quest except the PvP ones for achievements, so in general, you always have enough world quests available if they don't bug like in the case of Kirin Tor WQs.

With invasions, this pretty different, because there either is one or it is not.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Due to the boa rep tokens from my many alts I'll be flying at the start of the weekend. Finally...
    I'm not sure why I didn't think of that; I have 5 110's. Just checked now and only 2 of the other 4 had missions for rep tokens, but I sent them. Thanks for the reminder!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    so... they would rather make the achievement easier to get than lower the spawn time on these things so that people have something to do?

what is their problem? like jesus, leave them in as a part of the achievement, just make them spawn more. they're something to do for those of us that are bored as fuck.
    Problem is, if these invasions really interfere with the availability of world quests, then providing invasions for a longer time could lead to another shit storm - that people cannot do their daily emissay. Of course, you can postpone these, but if you have bad luck, then you always get an invasion in that area when you want to play, and cannot get anything done.

I think that the suggestion to use phasing to get people into a phased version of an area with an invasion going on forever would definitively be the best thing. Think of it as a scenario with unlimited number of participants, or a limit like with the shard in the Pre-Legion event.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    They could also just, for example, give you the quest "Legion Invasion: Stormheim!", and then you turn it in, the area becomes phased into the invasion. This way you can skip it if you feel like it.
    I woke up earlier today to catch the invasion and it was already over. If anything I'd like it if they kept one in the morning, and one in the evening.
    This is by far the best suggestion on that topic!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhru View Post
    They cannot make them spawn more... one legion invasion gives half of a level for low level characters.
    True.
    +1

Wait what, the rep tokens are BoA? I thought you have to be Exalted for them to be BoA.

Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    Wait what, the rep tokens are BoA? I thought you have to be Exalted for them to be BoA.
    because it is the case, they are shown as "linked when picked up" on any of my chars, already got some on alts and couldn't send them

Quote Originally Posted by Thrackerzod View Post
    It's not as if getting flying was ever hard in the first place, just time gated. Getting to revered still takes longer than doing four invasions would have so nothing has really changed as far as how soon people will get it. I'm not really sure why people are mad about flying anyway, do they just hate flying and don't want anyone to have it, or are they upset that other people might get it before them?
    I am not upset about flying, but I do think that it shouldn't be in the game at this point. Anyway, their decision is stupid one way or the other - invasions give 1500 rep so they are still, more or less, mandatory if anyone wants to complete pathfinder quickly.

Not to mention that if someone wants to do invasions without caring about Pathfinder (like me, good nethershard source) then those people are screwed up even more.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Except for the fact that WQ's are up for 24 hours so you can do all of them if you want to while going to work and sleeping. You can't 'miss' a WQ because you were at work. (aside from 1 pvp zone WQ).
    Are you sure that there are no WQ's with "live" time less then 24 hrs?

Deleted
    I was okay with flying taking some time and effort to get, but at least on my realm/zone, it's currently impossible to progress on the Defender achievement. I have no idea if this is why they removed Defender from the meta achievement, but it just might've helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    So you just need to whine and Blizzard gives you everything. No surprise this game is a casualfest designed for spoiled kids.
    Yeah, because patch content happening between 3 AM and 9 AM is what truly separates casuals from real players!

Oh another time blizzard surrendered fast to a crying community

Now these assaults are truly useless, no rep, no supplies.
    Ok 2k shards is nice for more attempts for the scenario, but thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Problem is, if these invasions really interfere with the availability of world quests, then providing invasions for a longer time could lead to another shit storm - that people cannot do their daily emissay. Of course, you can postpone these, but if you have bad luck, then you always get an invasion in that area when you want to play, and cannot get anything done.

I think that the suggestion to use phasing to get people into a phased version of an area with an invasion going on forever would definitively be the best thing. Think of it as a scenario with unlimited number of participants, or a limit like with the shard in the Pre-Legion event.
    invasion wq's count towards the emissary.

they could also reduce the amount of time they're up for to like an hour and a half, like it was on ptr.

Quote Originally Posted by Armakus View Post
    I did the new challenge at an 890 ilvl. :3
    noooo i'm 890 and can't get that twins down

Ignorance is bliss for those who think the invasions are random. They aren't. We get 4 invasions in 72 hours. That means a 6 hour invasion followed by a 12 hour cooldown and then the next invasion.

Times are MST:
    Azsuna 3-9 pm (April 4th, 7th, 10th, 13th, etc)
    Val'sharah 9-3 pm (April 5th, 8th, 11th, 14th, etc)
    Highmountain 3-9 am (April 6th, 9th, 12th, 15th, etc)
    Stormheim 9-3 am (April 6th, 9th, 12th, 15th, etc)

For someone in a Monday-Friday school or job, that mean that they couldn't do Val'sharah until Saturday. If someone attended church on Sundays, then Highmountain might not be possible until the 15th. Stormheim could potentially be dicey but could be as long as the same 15th.

Forcing people to miss work/school and/or lose sleep didn't make for a fair achievement. Should it have been removed from the meta? Perhaps not but Blizzard should have designed the invasions better. They have phasing tech. They could have used it while making the invasions last all day. Have a bronze dragon or a mage that let players phase into an alternate version of the zone not being invaded if they don't want to do the invasions and have the invasions phase out if you complete it.

Funny how Blizzard says they didn't want it all day because it interferes with the normal world quests. Blizzard could have just had the original world quests begin to repopulate into a legion infested zone after you do the invasion but with the added flair of giving you legionfall resources on top of the normal reward. Would have given nice variety to getting resources instead of doing the same world quests over and over. But nope. That made too much sense.

Good riddance to stupid design.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronsin View Post
    Anyone else haven't been doing their Wqs in knowing invasions would be 1500 rep a day?
    Only Maiev's one time quest was 1500 rep. After that the invasions give no legionfall rep.

Deleted
    Why are people blaming people complaining? The decision on the timing was retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrackerzod View Post
    Only Maiev's one time quest was 1500 rep. After that the invasions give no legionfall rep.
    Well that is news to me, only was able to do the first invasion.... thanks for clearing that up

gotta dumb it down for the common folk. bell curve n all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    So you just need to whine and Blizzard gives you everything. No surprise this game is a casualfest designed for spoiled kids.
    Are u dumb ?
    With that invasions uptime (first invasion timer), only the kids can do the events, because they have free time all day. Who have a normal life, working included, its impossible do that.

edit: with the cd of 12h, all will be able to do the invasions.
    Last edited by mmoc7e8b1c3630; 2017-04-07 at 08:42 AM.