Poll: Do you find the add offensive?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    I think angry stupid people in large groups are dangerous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Of course it is offensive. Trivializing minorities' struggle for civil rights and against brutality in order to sell sugar water is beyond tone deaf. Even worse using a Jenner, from a privileged racist family, as the face of the campaign. Disgusting.
    The protest shown in the ad was not about civil rights for minorities, it was some generic peace protest, with the sort of typically inane message that you would expect from the likes of Pepsi.

I do not know why BLM thought it was about them, perhaps like you they did not watch advert.

Bet this is one of their most successful ads ever according to their metrics. Mission accomplished.

Hehe that was so cringe worthy, what a terrible commercial

Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    Color me surprised that blacks are once again throwing a fit over something trivial.
    I see what you did there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freese View Post
    People on either side of the political spectrum are no more or less sophisticated, rational, or logical than their ideological counterparts.

Deleted
    BLM being shitheads again? How surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Retards complaining about stupid shit again?

Wow it must be a day that ends in "Y"
    I was confused about this, I didn't know what I was supposed to see in the commercial, I didn't see anything race related in it... and then you comment appeared and I suddenly realized that you have right.

Anyway- The policeman looks like a Jake Gyllenhaal.

Deleted
    So finally got around to watching the advert...

whats the outrage about? Its a long advert and not that great, a bit too loud and long for me, but i don't see what it has to do with BLM, it looks like it was just some generic peace protest, looked more like an anti-war protest more than anything. IMO anyone who found this advert offensive or 'trivializing blm' is about as dumb as the advert itself

I think Pepsi made the right move pulling the advert, solely because now people are going out of their way to watch the advert, if it was still airing people probably wouldn't have cared as much. So its a win for pepsi tbh.

lol, no there is nothing offensive but some people try very hard to find it in everything. Pretty bad commercial though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    I do not know why BLM thought it was about them, perhaps like you they did not watch advert.
    I have to assume it's just to get attention.

Also that ad was really stupid. Not for the reasons people are bitching about though.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Note to self: Stop doing anything, as doing things causes social media backlash. I await my upcoming lambasting on social media for doing nothing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    Note to self: Stop doing anything, as doing things causes social media backlash. I await my upcoming lambasting on social media for doing nothing.
    "outrage as man sits idly by as patriarchy oppresses people"

yeah i could see that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    Honest opinion is Honest

We, as Americans have become too PC, to Soft, and we should stop catering to every little group that flares up with indignation over every perceived slight.
    That made me chuckle.

OP: I find that offensive, but not because of BLM, because it's insultingly stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I wonder what would happen to the Benetton adverts if they were released today.... http://www.alistgator.com/top-ten-co...-benetton-ads/
    Pure chaos, riots and angry phonecalls i reckon dont think they would be up for very long.

Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    "outrage as man sits idly by as patriarchy oppresses people"

yeah i could see that happening.
    Where can I sign up to just be the old guy who gets to sit on the porch and yell at those damn kids to get off his lawn? Because people seem to generally let that one slide.

Deleted
    where can i find the stupid ad?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KronosIII View Post
    where can i find the stupid ad?
    In the link in the OP...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    In the link in the OP...
    ya I spoke too soon.

You know what's offensive about this ad?

That it touts this vapid idea youthful independence, hilariously characterized entirely by diverse, attractive people participating in diverse, brow-furrowing activities, somehow unified by the consumption of sugar water with zero health benefits, all to further line the pockets of Indra Nooyi so she can continue gutting her company's workforce to pad her own self endorsed pay raises.

That's what's offensive about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    The protest shown in the ad was not about civil rights for minorities, it was some generic peace protest, with the sort of typically inane message that you would expect from the likes of Pepsi.
    Don't argue with narcissism.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh