Poll: Do you find the add offensive?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Honest question to people claiming no political entities need to stay out of politics?

Did any of you tell coke to shut up when they got really stupid blowback for that national anthem in Spanish?

How about Hollywood stars and athletes? Do they need to shut up, as well?

People are so inconsistent on who's allowed to be political.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Honest question to people claiming no political entities need to stay out of politics?

Did any of you tell coke to shut up when they got really stupid blowback for that national anthem in Spanish?

How about Hollywood stars and athletes? Do they need to shut up, as well?

People are so inconsistent on who's allowed to be political.
    This argument holds water only if you interpret the ad as a political one.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    This argument holds water only if you interpret the ad as a political one.
    In this bold new Era, every action is a political one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    So they pulled their silly ad and caved in to a hate group because of incredibly stupid reasons? What else is new.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    So they pulled their silly ad and caved in to a hate group because of incredibly stupid reasons? What else is new.
    Yep, they're hardly the first group to do this, and wont be the last.

If an ad is getting a lot of negative attention, no matter how dumb the reasoning, its probably better to just pull the advert. If they didn't pull the advert, i probably would never have seen it though, only saw it because of this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a simple case of pot/kettle. This wasn't about a company "trivializing" a "serious issue". This was a stupid advertisement that "seemed similar" to real life stupidity.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought she had a booty?

Using iconic events to sell your products is stupid.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    What do you think
    What the fuck?

If getting along with cops is offensive to you then you just need to fuck off. Their jobs are tough. The "fuck the police" attitude is the real problem here.

So...did people not like it because the protest in the video wasn't violent? Is that the part that's trivialized?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    So...did people not like it because the protest in the video wasn't violent? Is that the part that's trivialized?
    By the sounds of it they would have preferred it if the advert showed police using cans of pepsi beating the protesters, to better reflect what really happens at protests, or something.

Can't believe they probably spent millions on this piece of garbage ad. Regardless of the controversy it just simply was a bad commercial. What is the message in the first place? Everything going on can be solved by Pepsi, and your matters are so miniscule that a pepsi can solve it? And what police officer wouldn't accept a pepsi from an attractive white woman approaching him. I bet that pervert thought she totally wanted to bang him. Besides, the pepsi can't be that good if she handed it off to someone else instead of drinking it herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    This is incredible. Outrageous and shocking, huh? Care to mention specifically which parts of the video fit this description?
    Celebrity joing a protest to meet cops, offer a soda and and protesters cheer. Appropriating the 'woke' concept. Shallow appeal to millennial, a protest/march that is along the lines of a H&M dance parade.

All of this is tone deaf to the US scene right now. Highly.

I was cringing throughout the video, but I think you're overstating the impacts of a clip that simply showed an ambiguous protest and a point of connection between protesters and police.
    Not at all an overstatement. This was HUGE on social media, black twitter, reddit, the news and even was so big our CEO was concerned about the overwhelmingly negative reaction to the ad. It was still the top story on most social media this morning.

Regardless of what I thought of the ad, it was hugely controversial, because many did find it to be inappropriate to point of Pepsi pulling the ad.

Even non-news outlets were commenting, 'What was Pepsi thinking??' yesterday.

There have been many protests and causes of protest - not just BLM, even recently
    The actual reason people found it was offensive was trivialization of protest. Which there have been aplenty in the US on social and political issue this past 2 years. Not just BLM.

Putting out an advert many in the US are hotly divided on social issues and taking to the streets as such- to release an ad with a celebrity specifically going about to interact with the police officer after appropriating some kind of 'woke' effect is indeed shocking. And the many, of course, thought so to the point Pepsi's ad was/is a huge miscalculation.

People will be fired for this advert for sure.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2017-04-06 at 10:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, they pulled it cause it aint gettin them more sales

Coke is still better. However I can see pepsi being more popular on The_Donald

Quote Originally Posted by Coconuter View Post
    A tiny minority? Well you've never lived in Newport News. White genocide was a topic of much love when I lived there and when I was unfortunate enough to live in SE D.C. Your posts show you value black lives more than others. That's the essence of racism.

And if a 'tiny minority' of people being racist up doesn't matter, than neither should the tiny minority of police officers who do something wrong should matter. Hypocrite.
    It still is a tiny minority. My posts don't show that all. And please show me where I condemned all police officers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    By the sounds of it they would have preferred it if the advert showed police using cans of pepsi beating the protesters, to better reflect what really happens at protests, or something.
    I would have loved to seen that and I can think of a few people here who desperately need to be beaten with a can of Pepsi as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    If they were to be truly accurate, it would have shown someone robbing a store at Pepsi point, then pointing a Pepsi at a cop and then the cop throwing his Pepsi at the suspect to stop him, followed by a bunch of idiots marching in the streets throwing Pepsitov cocktails and burning shit down.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    If they were to be truly accurate, it would have shown someone robbing a store at Pepsi point, then pointing a Pepsi at a cop and then the cop throwing his Pepsi at the suspect to stop him, followed by a bunch of idiots marching in the streets throwing Pepsitov cocktails and burning shit down.
    closest i could find :\

I hope someone makes a parody video of your post though, that would be amazing!

I don't see the offense. The message is to unite and stop the hate (with pepsi!) ... its corny as fuck but who cares?