Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I would hope in 3-4 months we would be doing something different
    Tomb of Sargeras isn't landing for another 9 weeks. You can fully expect that raid tier to last a number of months. It perfectly reasonable that we will still be completing the current world content during that period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Goge View Post
    It would also make more sense story wise. What kind of army attacks for 6 hours then randomly f*cks off doing nothing for 12 hours.
    Every army in human history =p

As someone posted earlier. It's just Blizzard caving to people whining. It's ridiculous.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Everwake View Post
    Every army in human history =p
    But no army in human history has had the ability to teleport interplanetary battleships right on top of the enemy city and open portals etc etc :P

It's weekly though
    It's not. That was a one time quest. :/
    Crimea is Ukraine!

The position is anti flight is fascist and controlling, of course they will complain when the already asinine pathfinder becomes easier

Removing the Invasion requirement for Pathfinder is an overly dramatic choice. That's why I'm not necessarily happy with the decision.

Having the invasions tied to the achievement wouldn't have been a bad thing if they just made invasions more accessible to the other 50% of their player-base.

The decision to de-link the achievement from the invasions with the logic of, "lol, there are world quests you miss during the day too qq" is an incredibly tone deaf reaction, and doesn't help those of us who actually want to experience invasions - let alone reap the AP and nethershard rewards that daytime players are able to get.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

The invasions really just became largely pointless to do on a decently geared char unless you need the emissary of that zone. They don't even give legionfall rep, they aren't needed for flying, they're just kind of world quests but they give nethershards (which u could just as easily get spamming sentinax beacons)

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You sure about that?
    Hes wrong, it was a one time Q - part of the campaign.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    As someone posted earlier. It's just Blizzard caving to people whining. It's ridiculous.
    Except nobody complained about needing to do Invasions and complained about the timers so you're completely incorrect

- - - Updated - - -

You sure about that?
    Just repeating what others said

It's weekly though
    is there any link that shows that quest is weekly? Cause my general understanding is it was a one time thing.

Except nobody complained about needing to do Invasions and complained about the timers so you're completely incorrect
    Did I say people were complaining about the invasions? Also timers are fine. Deal with it.

Deleted
    Simple solution : make an invasion last 2 or 3 hours only and as soon as it is over, a new invasion starts in another zone.

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    The invasions really just became largely pointless to do on a decently geared char unless you need the emissary of that zone. They don't even give legionfall rep, they aren't needed for flying, they're just kind of world quests but they give nethershards (which u could just as easily get spamming sentinax beacons)
    It was my concern that this was going to quickly happen anyways. Once people got their 4 for flying, a lot of them were going to be done with them, dragging down the pool of people to do the group content.
    Blizzard's reward system has been heavily flawed this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythruss View Post
    I think that the timing of the invasions is perfectly fine. The burning legion is a constant threat so it makes sense that they can invade us at any time, catching us off-guard. The actual rewards from the invasions aren't mandatory, making it perfectly fine for a person to miss an invasion. It would appear that so much of the uproar from the community about the timing of the invasions draws from some perceived need to complete EVERY invasion and never miss a single thing ever. Obviously the requirements to complete an invasion in each zone precipitated this to some degree, but I think the real culprit is a "must do everything" mindset that many players have. This xpac has really shown how alive and dynamic the world can be, and in an ever changing world, it's impossible to experience every single event that occurs (much like the real world). My advice is to enjoy the world at your own pace and find your own experiences. After all, it is just a game.
    You're correct. Except this is a game that people are paying for and want to actually see and experience the content. Example, I'm missing the Stormhiem event going on now because of work... but I have a guild member who hasn't been able to see any of the 3 yet. And it's not because he's lazy, doesn't want too, or playing another game, it's literally because real life responsibilities come first.

The burning legion is a constant threat so it makes sense that they can invade us at any time, catching us off-guard
    That only works in the story, not in actual game play. It's easy to catch people off guard if the schedule is morning - mid afternoon... where a lot of the player base is at school/work or whatever. Additionally, as there's no repercussions if we players do nothing, what does it prove to "catch us off guard?"
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

The better solution would be to make invasions last 18 hours or so. They're not repeatable on a single character, so this is a pretty odd choice by Blizzard. Maybe it was simply less work to remove the requirement than it was to extend the timers.

Complaining for the sake of complaining.

Deleted
    Did I say people were complaining about the invasions? Also timers are fine. Deal with it.
    No the timers were just stupid and it was a rookie mistake Blizzard should know better from especially when there's better solutions we already experienced

No the timers were just stupid and it was a rookie mistake Blizzard should know better from especially when there's better solutions we already experienced
    Timers are fine.

Deleted
    Thanks Trump. Such a great response when you give out fallacious information.
    Somebody piss in your cereal?

- - - Updated - - -

Timers are fine.
    Majority obviously disagree