Can druids break stun with shapeshift?

I was in a pug for CoS, and a druid was telling me that I can break stuns with shapeshift. I don't believe him, and I even went as far as to test it in a duel (had a shaman stun me, was completely unable to shift in/out of any form)

Am I just missing something, or is the person who told me I could break stuns with shapeshift completely wrong?

No. You can leave forms, though, since they're technically buffs on you that you can just remove.

The one that told you is clueless.

You can break roots and snares not stuns with shapeshift. Read the description on any shapeshift spell.

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No. You can leave forms, though, since they're technically buffs on you that you can just remove.

The one that told you is clueless.
    Thats what I thought as well, but he had the mage tower challenge resto appearance so I was inclined to believe him. But I've been playing a druid since wotlk, and if I hadn't known I could break stuns for that long, I would have been pretty annoyed.

People have often claimed Druids to have that ability, but we never actually did.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    People have often claimed Druids to have that ability, but we never actually did.
    The information seemed credible because it was coming from a resto druid with the challenging appearance on his weapon. 99% sure he was just trolling.

LFR botanist trash wouldn't be so aggravating if it did. *grinds teeth*

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nightman463 View Post
    The information seemed credible because it was coming from a resto druid with the challenging appearance on his weapon. 99% sure he was just trolling.
    Just because he spammed a scenario for a skin, it doesn't mean he knows what he's talking about.

Pretty much anyone can do it.

Can shift out of movement impairing effects(not just the obvious roots and slows), which isn't stuns but does cover some effects that appear like one to other classes.

All forms remove and make you immune to polymorph effects(like Polymorph or Hex) as well.

Yup. I remember when I found out I could break the jail in vault of the wardens on the jailer mob before the elevator down to cordonna. Good times

- - - Updated - - -

the scenario requires a certain amount of gear/skill to obtain the skin. Its not just "something you spam" or something that your average player could do, even in 100 attempts (at least no until they get more gear =P)

The balance one, on the otherhand, is quite easy and could be done by someone with much less gear