Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Honest answer? Stop trying to force diversity and multiculturalism. Get rid of the internet. Send the world back to living in our own little bubbles without social media to show you all your other options you think you have, but really all it does it make you less satisfied with the life you actually have.

Quote Originally Posted by analmoose View Post
    Get rid of the internet...
    Get rid of the internet? Like the whole internet? That's quite possibly the worst possible solutions in this entire thread.

If you mean just social media... I could see how that might be beneficial in some cases, but still not a good idea.

While there will always be room for improvement, I think the world is better than it's ever been to live in when we talk about the present moment. Humans in general are taking it for granted how fucking lucky we are to be here, now, at this present moment.

Modern day colonialism, similar to how the allied powers rebuilt Germany after WW2. It's the quickest way of improving standards for the poorest and least developed nations.

Failing their compliance with this plan, targeted eugenics with some sort of engineered disease that targets specific genes prevelant in certain races.
    A utopia like the one you have pictured in our lifetime would require us to do monstrous things in the short term. It's why I feel we just have to keep making incremental progress and we'll all get their eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Docturphil View Post
    Get rid of the internet? Like the whole internet? That's quite possibly the worst possible solutions in this entire thread.

If you mean just social media... I could see how that might be beneficial in some cases, but still not a good idea.
    Pretty much the whole thing. It is useful, for sure, if it was only used for science and educational purposes as was originally intended. However now it's just a breeding ground for useless opinions, everyone thinks they have a pedestal. It is a massive waste of everyone's time, if they didn't have the internet to come sit on and fight their armchair battles, they could actually do something useful in the real world, or could sit at home and watch tv and not bother anyone else.

Don't get me wrong, I love the net and it's cheap entertainment as much as the next guy, but for a (truly) better quality of life, we would be better off and more peaceful, satisfied without it.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    in the words of nathanos blightcaller "you can put a hat on beast, but it's still a beast"

all our fancy technology, and the world's still in a constant state of conflict like it has been since the dawn of man. dress us up how you like, we're still savages in the end willing to kill over ideology, greed, or power.
    We are all individuals. Some are willing to kill over ideology, greed, or power. Most are not.

And it's like I said before, if you try to change the world all at once you'll never get anywhere. The only person you actually have control over is yourself. Want to improve the world? Improve yourself. Be less greedy. Be less arrogant. Be more respectful. Be kind. Be generous. Learn something. Teach someone something. Help someone. That's how you improve the world.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty much the whole thing...
    I'll just go ahead and remind you what that includes...

Wikipeida
    Forms of communication
    Amazon and other online shopping
    Instructional videos
    Streaming services like Netflix
    Online courses
    The ability for people to work from home
    Countless other educational resources
    Ease of transmission of medical data
    Almost every feature of your smart phone
    Online banking
    Transportation data like Google Maps
    Online dating
    News
    Workout guides and tips
    and thousands of other resources and things that haven't been invented yet...

Your idea is absolutely terrible. It's probably one of the worst ideas in the history of bad ideas.

Convince the left that we all matter. Not sure if that is possible.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-04-08 at 05:12 PM.

Drop all religions, better punishments high enough that people would never dare to commit a crime, lock up any extreme lefty and righty till they are sane, no more invasions to other countries unless they say they want it (like helping to ISIS), no more money to bottomless pits, give everyone enough education on how to properly live their life without screw ups (like not getting angry all the time, managing your money, making sure that you can raise a baby if you want to). Its a start but we'd still be far and way for a better world.

Quote Originally Posted by Docturphil View Post
    We are all individuals. Some are willing to kill over ideology, greed, or power. Most are not.

And it's like I said before, if you try to change the world all at once you'll never get anywhere. The only person you actually have control over is yourself. Want to improve the world? Improve yourself. Be less greedy. Be less arrogant. Be more respectful. Be kind. Be generous. Learn something. Teach someone something. Help someone. That's how you improve the world.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll just go ahead and remind you what that includes...

Wikipeida
    Forms of communication
    Amazon and other online shopping
    Instructional videos
    Streaming services like Netflix
    Online courses
    The ability for people to work from home
    Countless other educational resources
    Ease of transmission of medical data
    Almost every feature of your smart phone
    Online banking
    Transportation data like Google Maps
    Online dating
    News
    Workout guides and tips
    and thousands of other resources and things that haven't been invented yet...

Your idea is absolutely terrible. It's probably one of the worst ideas in the history of bad ideas.
    A few conveniences don't make for a better world, they make for a comfortable lazy one. You missed the rest of my point. Also, i said the science and education parts would be useful to keep. Gps exists without internet. Online shopping and streaming services make you lazy and comfortable, they don't make for a truly better world. Online dating is a joke, get out and get a life, learn to actually socialize. I'd love a world without smart phones, even cell phones, would be amazing and so freeing. I was alive and old enough to understand the world before we had these things, I know the conveniences, I'm not old enough I don't use or understand them. I still believe they are nothing but conveniences, and not better for humanity at all.

I get it, you live on the net, its all you know. If you'd have experienced a real life before all of this you would understand my point. Its nice to get outside and go down to the bank and talk to real people. Its nice to have to pack up a console and go sleepover at a buddys place for gaming. Its nice to occupy yourself with physical tangible things because you don't have the internet to sit in front of and entertain you.

Why would you need an instructional video? Take some initiative and learn for yourself. Go around, ask someone who knows to physically show you. Yeah, exhausting right? way easier from a chair. That is the downfall of our society, to much convenience, too much time on peoples hands to worry about others business. No meaning in your own life, must get involved

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    More cheerleaders, maybe? Could that help?
    "Save the cheerleader, save the world."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Generate new value through innovation.

If your version of a "better world" requires most other citizens to agree with your particular politics before it can work, then you have bad solutions.
    Their is no civilization that does not in principle require some form of shared values for cohesion. You may all value individual liberty and freedom but not necessarilly will everyone share that as a priority. If you are to have any form of organization you will need some form of coercion.

Humans are complete fuckwards. No utopistic "better future" will ever come to be. The society works as well as it does only because it slightly more beneficial for the invidual to cooperate with others than being completely alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honest answer? Stop trying to force diversity and multiculturalism. Get rid of the internet. Send the world back to living in our own little bubbles without social media to show you all your other options you think you have, but really all it does it make you less satisfied with the life you actually have.
    In other words romanticism. A cure worse than the disease.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    We could call more people "cucks" more often.
    Shut up, cuck
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Integrate Painting with Bob Ross in public schools.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Integrate Painting with Bob Ross in public schools.
    Teach accounting and finance in public schools. Including double entry book keeeping.

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Oh God those cityscapes look awful. Why would someone want to live in a place like that?
    The OP states there is too much "hate and meaness" and this is the first post.
    Wow...

Ever back to topic...
    If everyone would just take the motherly advice the world would be a little bit better off.
    Or maybe even go by the "Golden Rule".
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2017-04-07 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    The OP states there is too much "hate and meaness" and this is the first post.
    Wow...
    I'm not hating anything, and not being mean. Just saying those futuristic cities aren't a place I'd find appealing to live.

Here is what we can do to make a better world

Last edited by d00mGuArD; 2017-04-07 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    WHOA, WHOA, WHOA

I SAID PEOPLE

NOT ME

Cuck.
    Fair enough, I know you're not a person. You're just a cuck.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis