Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Not A Cat View Post
    I live in Massachusetts where we still have Romney-care, I would definitely be dead without it.

Insulin is expensive, it's not my fault my immune system attacked the beta cells in my pancreas when I was born.
    But its your fault for fighting nature! GIVE UP AND LET THE BEETUS TAKE YOU AWAY ABOMINATION

Deleted
    Survival of the richest isn't a new thing.

So sick of this crap...

The poor can/will never be a peer of the rich.

Can't build a argument around a false assumption like that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    This is awful! How does this compare to other G8 countries?
    I hope things have gotten better in Canada since 2009.

https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/lif...service=mobile

Shocker, rich people can afford top shelf medical care where money doesn't matter letting them live longer than those who have to deal with insurance company's who wont pay for some stuff thus leaving the patient at a disadvantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    Shocker, rich people can afford top shelf medical care where money doesn't matter letting them live longer than those who have to deal with insurance company's who wont pay for some stuff thus leaving the patient at a disadvantage.
    You get rather large gaps like this even in countries with good healthcare systems.

Having more money means less stress, better diets, and more opportunities to better yourself (generally).
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    35% of people struggling with medical bills is sad and disgusting.
    It's called freedom Tiny, freedom.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    You get rather large gaps like this even in countries with good healthcare systems.

Having more money means less stress, better diets, and more opportunities to better yourself (generally).
    Yeah, money can buy everything but true love.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    Yeah, money can buy everything but true love.
    More money certainly helps prevent poverty related martial issues.

And next up in news today, water is found to be wet.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Its interesting that this article cites access to medical care as the cause but does not cite what causes of death are attributable to the difference in access.

...which is not to say there are points in the article that don't have merit, but the poor and the rich live vastly different lifestyles. Just look at drug use, accidental/violent death, smoking rates, obesity, among other things and you'll find many lifestyle choices that are relatively independent of health access.

The article merely suggests that healthcare access contributes to this difference, says nothing about the extent to which it does, then spends the entire rest of the text explaining how single payer healthcare systems would help and how private health insurance is a problem.

More money certainly helps prevent poverty related martial issues.
    Can also cause a fair share of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hiricine View Post
    Its interesting that this article cites access to medical care as the cause but does not cite what causes of death are attributable to the difference in access.

...which is not to say there are points in the article that don't have merit, but the poor and the rich live vastly different lifestyles. Just look at drug use, accidental/violent death, smoking rates, obesity, among other things and you'll find many lifestyle choices that are relatively independent of health access.

The article merely suggests that healthcare access contributes to this difference, says nothing about the extent to which it does, then spends the entire rest of the text explaining how single payer healthcare systems would help and how private health insurance is a problem.
    The article merely states that, while there are multiple factors in play to attribute for the difference in Lifespan, proper access to healthcare should not be one.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Can also cause a fair share of them.

- - - Updated - - -

The article merely states that, while there are multiple factors in play to attribute for the difference in Lifespan, proper access to healthcare should not be one.
    No doubt money can cause martial issues.

It seems to me that lack of it would cause more than an abundance.

This just in...
    People that eat less/better and move around more are less inclined to not be overweight. Which in turn lengthens their lifetime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    This just in...
    People that eat less/better and move around more are less inclined to not be overweight. Which in turn lengthens their lifetime.
    It's amazing how much of a difference a personal chef can make. But those lazy poors wont get one for some reason!
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Shocking. Next they'll tell us that rich people drive better cars.
    Say it isn't so!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    It's almost as if having access to good healthcare and being able to pay for it helped you live longer.

How strange.
    Where it the +Like button for this comment?

I mean jesus fucking christ we're going to trot out the "poor are lazy" argument, then we're going to congratulate the rich for being able to afford the same services they're often in charge of determining the pricing of and then finish it off with a little jerking off to how great America is because it allows poor people the opportunity to get fucked because they're poor.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

No doubt money can cause martial issues.

It seems to me that lack of it would cause more than an abundance.
    You already expressed such sentiment and I did not disagree. Just added that money, and the acquisition thereof, can also lead to it's own share of marital issues.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Oh well, that isn't too much of a bad deal, I'd think.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Renewal View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ality-lifespan

Good news - being a hard-working person can prolong your life!
    It is really AMAZING. I applaund USA for such options.
    Good news! Being able to afford healthcare can prolong your life!
    Putin khuliyo