Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Stop giving Blizzard so much shit.

tl;dr: Complain, because otherwise, Blizz doesn't know, but offer a solution, don't just rant for the sake of ranting.

Edit 2: Many of you missed the first line of the thread, which is a direct proof to you reading just the title. Give Blizzard "shit" or call it what you will, because otherwise, they wouldn't change anything, but there's a difference between "HURRRR LEGENDARIES" and "Let's take a look at the pros and cons of the system, hear me out."

The goal of the thread is to minimize, even by a 1%, the unjustified / unneeded negativity towards Blizzard's decision by providing facts and a little bit of a rant.

I'm a tank / healer / DPS (melee, ranged) raid-leader with almost only shit legendaries and very bad luck on almost all characters. I used to have back / boots on my DK for a long time, which resulted in unbelievably bad numbers.

Facts:

- Blizzard is a business, it is part of Activision-Blizzard, which has a board and investors, the team over at Blizzard must return money to their investors, therefore,

- Blizzard's focus is money

- Blizzard must keep a balance between money & happiness, otherwise people will not see it worth it to play, a small introduction to the principles of value vs. pricing: http://www.infoentrepreneurs.org/en/...ct-or-service/

Rant:

I strongly believe that, due to how long they've been with the company, the people over at Blizzard have a natural desire to create a joyful game, otherwise you simply wouldn't be able to last thing long in a company and still smile, it's just impossible. Hard to believe they're mimicking and faking emotions, even a small part of them. Therefore, I believe that our interests as players are taken into consideration. They've introduced new systems to the game, and while some have been in other games, such as D3 (Legendaries, Kadala, farming), WoW has a totally different dynamic, in short, they're still learning, hence why you see them tweaking.

Knowing this, you can expect more mature systems in the next expansion. Remember Garrisons from WoD? We still have them, just that they're called Class Halls, but they're just so much better. They learned and listened.

Some systems, they don't respond to the raggedit, mmowarriors and ecockbattlenet forums, simply because, have you considered the simple and pure fact that, out of millions of people, just a fraction of them post here? They need to take decisions for everyone's best interest and can't respond to everything that a part of the community sees as problematic.

Facts 2:

- Blizzard listens. If you deny this, then you're not following the changes they make and the communication they give, examples:

a) Legendaries. They updated / buffed / nerfed many legendaries, if not all, in a patch, after community feedback.
    b) M+ Grind. If you think 7.2 is a M+ grind, boy, you're wrong, currently, numbers-wise, it's simply stupid to farm M+, the returns are so low and with
    ToS releasing only after 1st of June (confirmed with their 11 weeks route), you simply don't have to, there's no reason to, even if you go hard, when
    you hit the paragon trait level 2-3-4, it's just a 200 increase for a huge amount. This means that you just have to play the game and it'll come, with
    AK.
    c) Invasions. They realized the timings were off and thy removed it from the achievement.
    d) Sentinax. They buffed it and stealth nerfed it (Come on, 15k an hour was way too much, what, you're gonna hit 900 in 5-6 hours of mindless
    farm?), after community outcry that there were no shards.

- The world doesn't revolve around you. Stop thinking that, because your class got nerfed, it's so bad and "How can Blizz do this?", don't be such fatalists, classes' performance come and go with the release of updates / raids, they can't always be equal or stay on the same spot, or even close to their original spot, it's an ever-changing dynamic.

Negatives from Blizzard:

- Pricing on account services (server transfer and such). I feel as if they're trying to milk it, to be fair, it doesn't make sense for a race change to be as much, it's just such a minimal change to do and it impacts very little on your gameplay.

- Pricing on faction change could be better adjusted in terms of realm's population balance. A higher price is okay if it's to stop the one-sideing of a faction, atleast in theory. Still, I feel it's too expensive.

- Warforge & Titanforge adds a dynamic to the game that feels unfair and it actually is. What they need to achieve is a "surprise moment" for the gear dropping, it needs to be rewarding & exciting.

- Legendaries RNG. Unfortunately, I could write a chapter on this. It is not fine to allow such powerful items to drop randomly (the slot), given that people work for them. I said this and I'll say it again: People like the drop of a legendary, it makes you scream, give us a legendary shard, which we can exchange for any legendary we want. The problem with this? People will stop playing after they got their BiS. Find a balance between keeping people hooked and feeling like they completed something, but make it so that they always want to get others. Solution? Fucking delete damage addons. Just kidding, but most people, who are not interested in progression raiding at the hardcore level, don't realize the fact that almost all legendaries are very powerful as of now, for certain situations. I have ring / belt / wrists / helm / boots / cape on my frost DK. I use boots on Elisande and it's a DPS increase. Wonder how? Well. The solution is simple: Make the non-interesting legendaries more interesting and impactful. Look, I get it that Sephuz is an okay legendary, but no one's going to fucking want to use it if they got something else with an effect on it.

-- cont Rant:

In conclusion, give Blizzard some breathing room, they're doing it for the money, but rest assured that their Business Intelligence dept. knows how to handle things and can find a balance between things, enjoyment translates into money, there's no arguing to that.

I'm expecting replies "But what about X and Y situation when they did this?", "Yea m8 for sure, live in your own world", "Haha, this guy, he started playing in Legion", "No, if only it was this way, this situation of legendaries affected me, my retarded friend got 4 BiS while I'm on 8 and still got nothing good", realize how subjective and unhelpful they are, if you've got a suggestion, let them know in a structured way and always provide a possible solution.

But if we all acted rationally, we wouldn't be called humans. It's fun to complain sometimes, but all I see is threads of just complaining, with no clear structure, no clear solution, no clear intent, for the sake of validating your own pain with the outside world.

Every person of intelligence knows that the best ideas come from uncertain places and I think Blizzard's employees and key people are intelligent.
    Last edited by cocacolawheresthesoda; 2017-04-11 at 03:19 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Eh, no.

/10chars

Quote Originally Posted by Addict View Post
    Eh, no.

/10chars
    You'd need a bigger pole to bait this fish.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not baiting, just saying that im not gonna stop give shit to blizzard for their shitty stuff.

The good things i like, the shitty things i shit on.

They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Addict View Post
    Not baiting, just saying that im not gonna stop give shit to blizzard for their shitty stuff.

The good things i like, the shitty things i shit on.
    That's a good thing, if we don't give them shit, they'll just never change stuff. But my point was, for everyone, try to do it in a consistent way, this thread:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...k-for-a-living

Okay.

What's your solution then? See the problem?

y they listen, tell that to the many players that asked for colored name plate only after they killed it in raids

not even a response and any wow coder can tell you that could make that option in less than 30 seconds because the code is all there already made

ok probably a very difficult feature to sell it on next expansion lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cocacolawheresthesoda View Post
    That's a good thing, if we don't give them shit, they'll just never change stuff. But my point was, for everyone, try to do it in a consistent way, this thread:

Okay.

My solution, set it for 2pm > 8pm or even 3pm > 9pm

I have managed to do Azsuna and Highmountain so far and if they keep rotating the other two between these shitty times I am never going to get the other 2 done.

Don't tell me what to do. Thanks.

Okay.

Isn't the solution just to make it like pre-Legion invasions.

Reduce or remove the exp gained to avoid people spamming it to level so they can still continue to sell their $60 boost.

Invasions don't give rep anyway so they can still "force" players to grind rep in broken shores/isles whatever, to pad that "played time" to their shareholders.

Introduce a diminishing returns for nethershards to avoid farming to buy 880 gear.

Simple and easy solution. Blizzard wins with their $60 boost, shareholders get good news with the time played metric and players can earn the achievement without having to sacrifice their daily routine.

But they removed the requirement already so... *shrug*

To be fair to the whiners Blizzard has been very cooperative in making sure the really shitty things are changed while ignoring a lot of the RNG related crying related to legendaries and how WF/TF is the worst thing ever etc.

The only thing that's really worse for wear with all the crying is MMO Champ, the game is great and Blizz is on top of their shit making changes on the fly when necessary. MMOC is just a sacrifice for the greater good.

GD is a graveyard of wailing souls now, be gone so you dont disturb the dead XD.

Whoever can't tell that WoW - and all Blizzard games, for that matter - oozes passion and dedication from every pore, is just a jaded dweeb who is frustrated about being frustrated and just sick and tired of being sick and tired of themselves. That really is the truth of the matter when you break it all down.

Yeah, you may not like everything you see. That's life for you. But that's just you. Time to grow up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Whoever can't tell that WoW - and all Blizzard games, for that matter - oozes passion and dedication from every pore, is just a jaded dweeb who is frustrated about being frustrated and just sick and tired of being sick and tired of themselves. That really is the truth of the matter when you break it all down.

Yeah, you may not like everything you see. That's life for you. But that's just you. Time to grow up.
    hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Deleted
    I tend to avoid the negative posts, the game is still enjoyable to me, and since I pay my sub, that's all that really that concerns me
    Sure the game has some issues, but what game doesn't, heck games I use to love have been total destroyed by the companies running them (here's looking at you swtor)

Deleted
    Blizzard have recieved more income than nasa spent landing a man on the moon.

They should do better in almost every area of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Wow, this topic is even higher white knight level than your average mmo champion member.

I only "give Blizzard shit" when they have actual poor design, otherwise I let them know about bugs. I love the game, and the last thing I want is for it to be dragged down by intentional but honest mistakes.

10+ Year Old Account

Okay.

That's a bad example because the solution has been suggested a hundred times over--set them during primetime (which is called that for a reason; it's when the majority of all players for that region are online) and have a second invasion take place in the off-hours for people who work weird schedules.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

They still haven't fixed the fucking blink bug that's existed since classic. They deserve all the shit they receive.

lol... this thread and it's moronic replies.