Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So i'm supposed to stop giving blizz shit when things like

prestige system is announced

- universally disliked by the pvp community.

6 months go by, ya you guys are right we are fixing this...next month.

Quote Originally Posted by Zackie View Post
    It's been said a million times already that people gave real and constructive feedback during beta that was completely ignored. There are things in the game that are not just a matter of "some people like them, some people don't", they have been complete and utter failures.

Legendaries are a classic example, people gave tons of feedback during beta, asked for them not work in raids etc etc. Guess what, they were completely ignored and you saw the shitshow that followed. Blizzard admitted they fucked up, continue to hotfix them every 2nd week and still can't balance them properly.

Class balance, the same. People were pointing out for instance before 7.1.5 that hunters were shit tier, blizzard ignored them, released the patch, hunters cried and quit left and right and then they did a measly hotfix 2 weeks later.

Mob scaling with ilvl, boy is this a good one. Not only did they try to conceal that from patch notes, they also got it 100% wrong, only to revert it 2 days later after the outrage that occured.

I can keep going but, do you see the trend here? The past years Blizzard seems incapable of releasing something that works properly even after ton of real feedback from the community. So, while I don't really enjoy the 10-year-old rage rants, when they do stupid shit, people will give them shit, it's pretty simple.
    If you give constructive feedback it's not guaranteed to be fixed. It's just mature way of showing how, in your opinion, things would be better. It's up to Blizzard to take a look at it and decide if that's the way they wanna do it. Sometimes they will accept the change, sometimes they won't. Sometimes they will wait for some time before deciding. That's how things work in big projects. If you're working around the clock about the feature X, and someone gives you a great idea about feature Y, you have to wait before trying it, because X cannot be just left in the middle of work.

I like legendaries, so I will not side with you on that one. I don't have BiS ones on all my alts, but hey, I'm not obsessed with it. My main with which I cleared NH first, had mediocre legendaries at the time of clear. Still did my job and we got it done. I was not jealous of the numbers the guy (same class) with BiS legendaries did. He did not boast about it either (aside from healthy fuckin around. We checked logs, confirmed we both did well, said good job and now we're doin' it with alts. You know, having fun, without crying left and right about gear and whatnot. "Woah, you can do that?". I know, right?

I also like mobs scaling, but that's just me, liking things to be challenging. I understand how you want to auto-pilot half the stuff. That's ok too.

Class balance, I agree.

I see your point, but you don't see the simple stuff - that there are people who like the very same thing you and X number of dudes dislike. We're not all the same man. I dislike something, you like it and vice-versa. All we can do is post our opinions and if they choose to address it, good. If not, whatever. Just don't be a freakin' crybaby about it. It's not the end of the world (of warcraft ) if it's not perfectly made according to your liking. There is no possible way that's even achievable. Accept that, enjoy the game, enjoy the life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    Blizzard gets all the crap they deserve, because its their customers opinions who give it to them.

Wonder if OP works for bliz or just a fanboi.
    Customer is not always right. That's an illusion. Customer can be right or wrong. All customers are not good customers. You being a customer doesn't entitle you to be a jackass. Learn to behave.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchbringer View Post
    It actually is. Not a single person is enjoying every second of this expansion, obviously. You are being disingenuous by insinuiating that a rant can only consist of "whining" and being put forward by "angry kids". And yes, there have been times when people angrily and passionately told me their honest opinion about something, which had a better effect than calmly and boringly explaining something. The problem is that Blizzard does not listen to any advice whatsoever, no matter how you present it.

You are continually being dishonest by describing the people who are currently happy with the game and agree with you as "plenty", but describing the people who currently aren't happy with the game and would agree with me as "few", without actually knowing any numbers.
    I'm telling you I am enjoying every second of it. Most of my guild does too. Rant is a rant. It can be based on something, but it's still a rant. It's an immature and shitty way of behaving. If you do it, you're acting like shit. That's something you should work on (if you're doing it). Also take a look at why do you respond better to anger then simply stating what you could do better. Nothing wrong with passion. Everything wrong about shitty behavior.

Yeah, you know, if majority people disliked the game, we would not be having this discussion, as there would be no game. Simple logic.

LEAVE BRlTNEY ALONE!!1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

NO
    Tell Blizz to stop doing lip service 'better communication', dont put the next raid up on the ptr as the rest of the content on the ptr, fix this broken mess up a patch, and give us time tables for content release
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by ping-pong View Post

Customer is not always right. That's an illusion. Customer can be right or wrong. All customers are not good customers. You being a customer doesn't entitle you to be a jackass. Learn to behave.

You clearly have NEVER worked in customer service before, getting shit on by a customer is part of the job. They ask for our feed back so we give it. Only person here being a jack ass is you for for failing to realize that just because its negative doesn't mean its unfounded or not true. Opinions are like assholes and everyone has one, those who get butt hurt over someone's opinion is going to have a sore ass their whole life which applies to you for such a rude reply.

This is basically what Blizzard has become, instead of Micropaying there is gating which keeps you subscribed longer, the more you play, the more they win. So they make the game only a LITTLE fun because if it were too fun, you wouldn't play over long periods of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my... the only thing I can think of with that kind of rant is

Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    Oh my... the only thing I can think of with that kind of rant is

Hey 2k16 gen kid, this is not twitch chat, where you can be a retard.

Oh wait, it kinda is.

Back to your hole.

At this point blizzard Activision might be the worst gaming company out. They've made dumbing down genres their mo, and others are following because money. If you actually enjoy video games, blizzard is your worst enemy. If you suck at video games and hate thinking too much, blizzard is the best out.
    Rng, watered down versions of other games, and accessibility is what blizzard brings to the table.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    during WOD We waited ages for new content and they did admit that timing was all wrong.
    the real feel I'm currently getting from this patch is Zero flow. the new zone just feels so disjointed
    you keep looking at the map for a new Quest to pop up. Instead of like the other Zones where there's 15-20 daily.
    100% nothing to do with Rep Gain, the ship flying around with the portals is just utterly useless.

Fair enough about the Grind to build the new structures that's been a core issue for most of the Expansions. but this new zone just feels utterly flat its a massive shame.

I think Blizzard's problem is that they are addicted to randomness. Everything has to be linked to some kind of random time or drop or roll, etc.

I understand that it is a nod back to the days of table top D and D, which relied heavily on dice rolls.

The real problem is you can't have true randomness in a computer generated roll. Which is why you get the same pants in your cache 5 weeks in a row despite it being a random roll (it happened to me in WOD with the garrison missions).

The thing is: all these things don't have to be random. Some can be random, some can be fixed. I think that some things should be random, like drops off bosses or ultra rare mounts. Some things shouldn't, like the triggers for some of those hidden artifact appearances.

Also, maybe make the randomness more fun. Right now it all happens behind the scenes. You kill the boss and get nothing. Perhaps, it can be a little more transparent and engaging than that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will continue to give them shit so long as PvP balance and PvE DPS balance is a fucking trainwreck, which it is, IMO PvP balance is the worst it has ever been since TBC ended. They are a multi billion dollar AAA developer, I should be able to, and do, expect better quality than this shit.

No class should have no chance to beat another, for example even an amazing Ret can't beat a semi-competent mage of any spec... A matchup that used to be fairly balanced, every expansion until this one, was swung wildly and absurdly in the favor of mages because the PvP balance team is fucking incompetent this time around.

you can't have true randomness in a computer generated roll.
    You can, if you use a physics simulation to roll a die :P
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-04-08 at 10:48 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

The pursuit of profit is not a virtue; "they're just trying to make a buck" does not justify unscrupulous business practices. We're all trying to make money, but there is a way to do it honestly while also providing a service that people need/want.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    I will continue to give them shit so long as PvP balance and PvE DPS balance is a fucking trainwreck, which it is, IMO PvP balance is the worst it has ever been since TBC ended. They are a multi billion dollar AAA developer, I should be able to, and do, expect better quality than this shit.

No class should have no chance to beat another, for example even an amazing Ret can't beat a semi-competent mage of any spec... A matchup that used to be fairly balanced, every expansion until this one, was swung wildly and absurdly in the favor of mages because the PvP balance team is fucking incompetent this time around.

You can, if you use a physics simulation to roll a die :P
    100% know what you mean. I've thought for ages there's clearly devs on the team who have never played certain classes
    and it shows. we've gone from some very minor (but annoying issues) how certain classes perform in PVP into one big mess.
    I see it more being on an very imbalanced server.

More worrying the ages of WOW shouldn't be used as an excuse by anyone at the company., there are older MMO's and they are doing okay
    there was an arrogance in certain interviews with the Devs during WOD and sadly that's still there. They seem to obsess about tiny little things
    and the major problems that are glaring at everyone they totally ignore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oathy View Post
    They seem to obsess about tiny little things and the major problems that are glaring at everyone they totally ignore

Sad but true... And I notice it more and more as the game goes on.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cocacolawheresthesoda View Post
    tl;dr: Complain, because otherwise, Blizz doesn't know, but offer a solution, don't just rant for the sake of ranting.
    You should've seen the Paladin community bring up constantly how bad our talent "Holy Wrath" is eversince alpha/beta of Legion! And explain what to replace it with or how to TRY and fix it!

"Don't like the talent? Great. Pick something else." -Blizzard
    (There used to be abilities in D3 that did 'more damage when the player had less health' but they admitted it was bad practise and removed them. And since Legion seem so inspired by D3...)

Oh, and that one time when Hunters reported since alpha that their pet acted weird and wouldn't attack enemies attacking the hunter, until the hunter first attacked them - having Blizzard say "That's odd, it's not supposed to be like that." after 7.0 hit live.

Blizzard... sure... is... GREAT...! o_o

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    What about people that work evenings then? They get fucked? People are at work at any and every point of the day, hence why blizzard made it rotate, just because it is inconvenient for YOU at some points doesn't mean its the same for everyone.
    Since when was 2 or 3 pm evening time, mine covers afternoon + evening rather than morning or morning.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    My constructive feedback to Blizzard. Fire the heads of the current dev teams, bring new blood. Those people take good ideas and fuck them up, making a potentially good game SO MUCH SHIT.

See? even constructively, Blizzard can't avoid having shit thrown to them.

Deleted
    "Blizzard listens" ... then they released WoD, followed by Legion.

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    What about people that work evenings then? They get fucked? People are at work at any and every point of the day, hence why blizzard made it rotate, just because it is inconvenient for YOU at some points doesn't mean its the same for everyone.
    And there were perfectly reasonable options that they had at their disposal if they realized that this is a 24 hour game with everyone on different schedules and time cycles. Even without the invasions being needed for flying, they still give really strong rewards (extremely high AP/hr, and nethershard gain) - people are going to want to be able to do them.

- Option 1 - Instead of having them up for 6 out of 24 hours, why couldn't they just have had one zone being invaded for a 24 hour period every 24 hours, and then just moved the invasion to a different zone on the daily lockout reset. This is how literally every daily quest and every world quest works, and I fail to see any reason why that couldn't have happened. That option would make everyone happy because they could just do it at whatever time of the day they can log in.

- Option 2 - Have the invasion up for a 12 hour on/12 hour off duration. The majority of people work (yes, not everyone) and sleep in 8-10 hour blocks. With a 12 hour duration, the vast majority of people would be able to log in at some point to get it done. This would be a decent option if they didn't want an invasion up 24/7 for "RP reasons"

Either of those options would have been vastly more sensible than the current implementation and would have made 95% of the people complaining about it happy. A 6 hour cycle is pants on head moronic in every way; it virtually guarantees that a large chunk of the player base will miss it completely do to work/sleep/other commitment activities. No one has given any reasonable explanation why the 6 hour thing makes sense for anyone without a huge amount of schedule flexibility.