Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Japanese food is the best and in so many ways superior to western cooking traditions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anything Thai, but if I had to choose a single dish? Probably Pad Ga Pow Moo with Khai Dao.

But it's such a shame to have to leave out some Japanese dishes, pizza, tasty burgers, juicy steaks, cheesecake, a simple apple pie, bacon anything, etc....
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Deleted

just enough for one person

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    What's a smoke ring. Why is it white in the middle? Isn't that the opposite of medium rare?
    A smoke ring is the redish-pink band that forms in meat thats been smoked. All smoked meat is "well done".

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Sure sure, you have your opinion and I'll have mine.
    I live in a country where even "trash food" holds pretty damned high quality thanks to regulations and laws put in place. I don't doubt for a second that fast-food burgers in the US contains sawdust though.
    High quality does not correspond to healthy. I am quite confident that fast food in your country is still unhealthy as fuck.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    You need to come to Greece then.
    /facepalm

Greek cuisine is not Western. It's Mediterranean/Balkan in every imaginable way.

Modern Greek cuisine is largely fusion, it is no longer just Mediterranean.
    Which foods did you fuse from West?

Deleted

@Nymrohd
    I mean I just checked wiki page to be sure. It's very very close to Western/Central Turkish cuisine, effectively making it Mediterranean even if you do not label it as such. And for the record, it's labeled as "Mediterranean cuisine" under wiki page.

I understand because the wiki mostly considers traditional Greek food. In practice though the modern Greek, especially the urban Greek, rarely follows the Mediterranean diet; legumes are a food for the poor and conversely fish and seafood is fairly expensive so both staples are quite restricted in actual consumption. Meanwhile there is a lot of pasta, poultry, pork and beef and upscale restaurants usually focus on Italian, French and before the financial crisis increasingly Japanese cuisine but with a focus on local ingredients. Modern homecooks in Greece are also likely to be foodies that try everything (there is a lot of us, especially in Athens and Thessaloniki) and crowd restaurants that try such fusions.

I am not saying that the Mediterranean influence is not there but it has been heavily deconstructed outside rural areas to focus more on using local ingredients to re-imagine foreign dishes rather than traditional offerings.
    Legumes are food for the poor? That's a shame for Greek cuisine. Nothing beats a sort of legume pilaki accompanied by Raki or Ouzo and some Rumelian Cheese.

Burger
    nothing beats good burger

Deleted
    I've got 3 that I always repeat in threads like this:
    - Perfectly grilled ribeye cut with hand made fries and cognac-pepper sauce. That's the dish I'd die for, but the food here is the steak of course. A highly marbled cut so we get that beefy flavor.

- Pasta Carbonara. Extremely simple dish, only a few ingredients, but use the quality ones and cook it just right.

- Sushi. God I love most kinds of sushi. I adore finger food and sushi offers both flexibility and great taste.

Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2017-04-11 at 08:41 AM.