Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I wouldn't say that they are completely incompatible but it depends on how passionate you are about Veganism. If you are more Lifestyle than Dietary you might have a lot of disagreements, not that they can't be simply understood as different choices in life.

I know personally that I would much rather date someone who is as passionate about Veganism as I am, but I also know that it wouldn't make or break me getting along with someone in general.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    I like how Tennisace doesn't understand what a carnivore is.
    It's a figure of speech. Cmon man, get with the times.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    It's in the life section of the newspaper bud. Might as well know what's going on on a social level.
    Could you possibly me anymore condescending? Do you actually know anyone that refers to you as their friend?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

The text seems like she was the one who had a problem with it. Did he actually demand of her to change? Not to be a dick, but "don't you miss meat?" is kind of a stupid question and a weak argument for any discussion about being vegan.

I agree. It really isn't logical to have one person taking the environment into account and the other not having strong enough love to give up meat.
    Really, dude? You expect your partners to embrace everything that you think is right after 5 weeks of dating?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Could you possibly me anymore condescending? Do you actually know anyone that refers to you as their friend?
    What would be a non condescending way to respond? Help me out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I could probably eat vegan 6 days a week if I had to, fortunately I don't have to.
    Alternatively, I would eat as many vegans as I had to, 7 days a week even in order to shut up people like Tennisace.

10+ Year Old Account
    To love someone means to also love their faults and everyone has them. If he couldn't like her for her meat eating, then he wasn't really into her. Also, I see us eating fake meat soon anyway, so this could be a temporary thing for her.

Deleted
    I'm to tired to read through it, so the whole situation for them didn't work out because they couldn't just eat whatever the fuck they preferred? Sounds kinda stupid.

My sister is a vegetarian and her boyfriend eats meat. They get along just fine and have been together for 7 years by now.

People being petty and childish is the issue here.

15+ Year Old Account
    Another quality shitpost thread where you quote an entire article and add one line, well done.

OT: You can make it work if you want to. Guy sounds like a fedora bringing 12 roses to a first date, no wonder he wasn't content without converting the girl.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Unless you're petitioning the outright banning of meat, telling humans as omnivores "don't eat meat" is essentially telling a dog to eat kibble instead of cooked bacon. It just doesn't work, functionally. And the reality is, even the vegan diet isn't perfect for every single individual.

Personally I find the idea of paying 14$ a pound for sub-par source of protein effectively nonsense.
    we didnt evolving eating or to eat no meat. we evolved eating both. Its nothing to do with love just simple science.

It's a figure of speech. Cmon man, get with the times.
    No, it's not, and the "get with the times" bit only highlights how out of touch you are. People who have meat in their diets are omnivores. Get it right, you self-righteous, nagging windbag.

This article conjures two thoughts in my mind:

Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    No, it's not, and the "get with the times" bit only highlights how out of touch you are. People who have meat in their diets are omnivores. Get it right, you self-righteous, nagging windbag.

This article conjures two thoughts in my mind:

Damnit now I want a baconator.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    My younger sister is vegan and her husband eats meat. She'd like him to be vegan with her, but she doesn't believe in forcing her views onto others. They're quite compatible and he's been known to enjoy some vegan sausages
    Exactly the same in my relationship. Though my boyfriend rarely eats meat anymore. He certainly won't ever go Vegan though. He thinks the ideology is flawed and unrealistic in many ways. And I can agree with it to a degree. Even though I'm vegan. Our son is however Vegan too. And he's completely supportive of that.
    Last edited by mmoc0f15686ca4; 2017-04-09 at 03:26 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    My younger sister is vegan and her husband eats meat. She'd like him to be vegan with her, but she doesn't believe in forcing her views onto others. They're quite compatible and he's been known to enjoy some vegan sausages
    This. If you love someone, parting because one is a vegan and the other is a meat eater, I question your love for each other. Should not matter. Live and let live. I mean if all you want to do is shack up with someone you will agree with all the time, then do not fool yourself into thinking love is involved.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    This. If you love someone, parting because one is a vegan and the other is a meat eater, I question your love for each other. Should not matter. Live and let live. I mean if all you want to do is shack up with someone you will agree with all the time, then do not fool yourself into thinking love is involved.
    Vegans are of the belief that when a vegan is with a non vegan, they are more likely to revert to eating meat and use other animal products again. While there certainly is truth in that, it doesn't mean that the opposite is possible too, yet they don't want to generally acknowledge that. My boyfriend doesn't eat a lot of meat anymore, the last te he had meat was from KFC about 2 months ago and before that he didn't haven't for over 6 months. He does have egg products everyday and dairy every now and then, and purchases stuff like leather, suede etc. Whereas I don't.

He changed quite a lot due to my influence, but it'll never be enough for most vegans, because as long as you don't go all the way, you're still a selfish hypocrite in their eyes. "Not to all of them, but quite a lot of them"

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Met a couple militant vegan types at college. Made sure to order the biggest burger they could give me at the cafeteria, made sure to sit directly across, wave, and pound it down. Normally don't like burgers all that much, but I'll make due just to piss off self righteous prickwaffles.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    sounds like something petty children would dislike each other over.

it's a simple case of just getting the fuck over it. differences are only dealbreakers if there's too many of them.
    Um.. "After my chicken strips were done, we bowled, but even though we were laughing and having fun, I couldn’t stop thinking of his no-meat diet and how it would put a damper on future family dinners, since my dad is a hunter. In my head, I couldn’t get over him being vegan — or me eating more than him." That is a legit problem. If they get together, they'll eat together and most likely the same things. She'd have to give up meat if she goes further with him.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tronald Dump View Post
    Vegans are of the belief that when a vegan is with a non vegan, they are more likely to revert to eating meat and use other animal products again. While there certainly is truth in that, it doesn't mean that the opposite is possible too, yet they don't want to generally acknowledge that. My boyfriend doesn't eat a lot of meat anymore, the last te he had meat was from KFC about 2 months ago and before that he didn't haven't for over 6 months. He does have egg products everyday and dairy every now and then, and purchases stuff like leather, suede etc. Whereas I don't.

He changed quite a lot due to my influence, but it'll never be enough for most vegans, because as long as you don't go all the way, you're still a selfish hypocrite in their eyes. "Not to all of them, but quite a lot of them"
    I guess I look at it as not anything which should cause a person to breakup with someone they love.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    Um.. "After my chicken strips were done, we bowled, but even though we were laughing and having fun, I couldn’t stop thinking of his no-meat diet and how it would put a damper on future family dinners, since my dad is a hunter. In my head, I couldn’t get over him being vegan — or me eating more than him." That is a legit problem. If they get together, they'll eat together and most likely the same things. She'd have to give up meat if she goes further with him.
    They do not have to. When my wife and I go eating out and even sometimes at home, we do not eat the same thing often. And she should not have to give up meat if she wants to get serous with him. If she did, then it is a clear sign not to get serous with him. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    If the person had an allergy, would this still be an issue, family dinners? Not that I don't understand that there are those who eat atfamily a lot and find it important, i know it can be inconvenient. It can also be a problem when you eat out often and there aren't any places or nearby places that serve vegan options.