Poll: Will you be able to do all the invasions by the time you are Revered by Legionfall?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Defender of the Broken Isles

Blizz removed this achievement from the requirements for flying, saying they never intended it to be a real obstacle and that it was only meant to be thematic. I still suspect players were overreacting that first day when they missed the first invasion, and that it would not have mattered for 99% of players if it had remained one of the requirements. We have to get to Revered with Legionfall anyway, right? And regardless of how much time you spend in game, the latter seems to take much more time than the invasions. Blizz has done so many of these world events, dating back to WotLK and Cataclysm, that I figured all along the invasions would rotate and be numerous enough we'd all get plenty of chances.

My main has "Defender of the Broken Isles", but is still 9k/12k for Revered. How about you?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I would have defender if this would be part of Pathfinder. Once I noticed that Azsuna is under attack and told myself, "nah, will do that other day", now I'm missing only Azsuna.

But I did research and knew when other invasions will happen. Other player that plays, let's say 7-9 PM each day will have revered long before all invasions. Honestly, I simply don't get why we don't have invasions that last 24h, one zone each day and one day break. Blizz just created problem out of thin air.

Na was good it was removed, a guildie is already revered

Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    Na was good it was removed, a guildie is already revered
    That guildie probably already has Defender. I do, as do several of my guild mates.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    That guildie probably already has Defender. I do, as do several of my guild mates.
    People were revered the day Invasions started. And no, you shouldnt plan your life around gated and time limited shit.

I got Defender on Friday, the day the 4th Invasion came up in EU. I was Revered on Saturday morning. Its not like either of these was particularly hard of a requirement ~ 1.5 weeks after the patch.

Even those people not able to make one of the invasions now had the weekend to catch up on them, so Defender isn't exactly hard to get.
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2017-04-09 at 09:32 AM.

If they had communicated the Invasion schedule ahead of time they could have left it in and, yes, for overwhelming majority of players it would not have affected when they got to flying.

Oh well.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Depends on the RNG of the damn invasions, I guess I could manage to get them all before revered. It comes down to RNG. Either way, I'm already sick of the invasions and how they overwrite ALL existing WQs, even the PvP ones that have nothing to do with the shitty invasion crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Depends on the RNG of the damn invasions, I guess I could manage to get them all before revered. It comes down to RNG. Either way, I'm already sick of the invasions and how they overwrite ALL existing WQs, even the PvP ones that have nothing to do with the shitty invasion crap.
    Well ... I get your point, but it's not all. The world boss stayed up in Stormheim, for example.

I find it annoying also but honestly I'd rather they feel free to disrupt normal operations than to feel beholden to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    I got Defender on Friday, the day the 4th Invasion came up in EU. I was Revered on Saturday morning. Its not like either of these was particularly hard of a requirement ~ 1.5 weeks after the patch.

Even those people not able to make one of the invasions now had the weekend to catch up on them, so Defender isn't exactly hard to get.
    its 1.5 weeks of constant grind fool. thats like months for a casual

Players are always overreacting. The removal of the assaults from the requirements was a mistake, because it was such an obvious kneejerk thing. Makes them look haphazard and indecisive.

Just like they reverted the whole mobs scaling thing, which the game absolutely needs. An absolute pity, and now the chance for finally tuning mobs correctly is out of the window. Now that they caved in to the whine so incredibly quickly, they can't bring the topic up for a long time.

Their instincts are more often right than wrong and they really need to stop paying so much attention to all the whining idiots. I guess there's a board of stupid executives pressuring the devs.
    Last edited by Pull My Finger; 2017-04-09 at 09:45 AM.

Already earned defender, still 4k+ away from revered. I was fine with them taking the requirement out; I had a pretty open week this week with school so I was able to do a lot of the invasions and still get all my work done IRL, but not everyone had that luxury and I don't think they should be penalized on something huge like flying because of that. I give props to Blizz for listening and making a change on this issue.

We shouldve gotten flying at the start of 7.2

We jumped through enough hoops doing pathwalker part 1!

It has been very hit or miss with Defender .... if it had said do '4 invasions' or something - I'd be ok. But now I'm down to having one zone left, and the dice rolling that one zone into a window I can do it ... that's taking a while.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sdagdhfj View Post
    We shouldve gotten flying at the start of 7.2
    We pretty much have ... I'd have preferred to see it a few months in. But - can't have everything you wish for. They've removed two of the three additional achievements ... and left it to one single inevitable achievement.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Well ... I get your point, but it's not all. The world boss stayed up in Stormheim, for example.

I find it annoying also but honestly I'd rather they feel free to disrupt normal operations than to feel beholden to them.
    Was just the boss still up or was his quest also still up? Can't remember if I did the invasion or the boss first.

Deleted
    I haven't missed an invasion so far, so I got the achievement after the first four popped up. That said, I am still stuck at ~9.400/12.000, so for me, the change didn't make any difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Was just the boss still up or was his quest also still up? Can't remember if I did the invasion or the boss first.
    I saw the quest up on my main, who hasn't done it yet this week. So I guess I can't say for sure if the boss was actually there.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I work 24/7 shifts, so it could potentially take me months to get this achievement. Whereas for rep, I'm less than 600 away from revered. Rep is something I can always work a little bit towards whenever I'm able to play. If invasions had remained a requirement for flying, there would have been a very real chance of getting to 7.3 and still be waiting for the right invasion to pop whilst I was playing to actually unlock flying.

The current approach is much better. I would rather they have just changed invasions to 24 hours per done, which wouldn't have hamstrung people like me, but I'll take this in lieu.

I expect to get the title long before being revered, but I'm still very relieved that I haven't some kind of RNG threat looming over in case I'm unlucky about which invasion I can complete.

Deleted
    As far as I have observed - most people didn't mind doing the Invasion. They just complained about the timing. Them starting - and ending in really weird times. Nobody was just asking to remove the achievement from the Meta.