Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Russia and Iran warn US they will 'respond with force' if red lines crossed in Syria

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7675031.html

Russia and Iran have warned the US they will “respond with force” if their own “red lines” are crossed in Syria.

Following Friday’s cruise missile strike on a Syrian airbase, in retaliation for the chemical attack on Khan Sheikhoun earlier in the week, the alliance supporting Syrian President Bashar al-Assad made a joint statement threatening action in response to “any breach of red lines from whoever it is”.

“What America waged in an aggression on Syria is a crossing of red lines. From now on we will respond with force to any aggressor or any breach of red lines from whoever it is and America knows our ability to respond well,” the group’s joint command centre said.

US President Donald Trump said the strike on al Shayrat airbase, near Homs, with some 60 Tomahawk missiles was “representing the world”. The base was allegedly used by Syrian forces to conduct the attack, which killed more than 70 people.

On Sunday the UK’s Defence Secretary, Sir Michael Fallon, demanded Russia rein in Mr Assad, claiming that Moscow is “responsible for every civilian death” in Khan Sheikhoun.

Sir Michael said the attack had happened “on their watch” and that Vladimir Putin must now live up to previous promises that Mr Assad’s chemical weapons had been destroyed.

Experts have dismissed Russia’s claim that a rebel chemical weapons facility caused the deaths.

Britain, the US and France accused Mr Assad’s regime of gassing civilians in the opposition-held town, but Damascus claimed it destroyed its toxic stockpiles following an international agreement struck in 2013.

The Russian defence ministry put out a competing version of events claiming legitimate Syrian air strikes against “terrorists” had struck a warehouse used to produce and store shells containing toxic gas, which were allegedly being sent to Iraq.

The joint command centre also said on Sunday the missile strike would not deter it from “liberating” Syria, and that the US military presence in the north of the country amounted to an illegal “occupation”.

Mr Putin and Iranian leader Hassan Rouhani have called for an objective investigation into the chemical attack.

US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said on Sunday that Moscow had failed to carry out the 2013 agreement to secure and destroy chemical weapons in Syria.

“The failure related to the recent strike and the recent terrible chemical weapons attack in large measure is a failure on Russia’s part to achieve its commitment to the international community,” he said on ABC’s This Week.

Mr Tillerson is expected in Moscow in the coming days for talks with Russian officials.

He stopped short of accusing Russia of being directly involved in the planning or execution of the attack.

But he said the US expected Russia to take a tougher stance against Syria by rethinking its alliance with Mr Assad because “every time one of these horrific attacks occurs, it draws Russia closer into some level of responsibility.

Good luck with that is all i have to say.

I bet saudi would enjoying that giving them a reasons to attack iran, maby Israel would get involved with iran to.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2017-04-10 at 12:22 PM.

As far as i see this "joint centre statement" wasn't supported by any officials, and seems to be invention of some media outlet that was spread by Western media.

So... more fake news i guess?

If the US attacks Syria and then Syria's allies attack the US, does that invoke NATO because the US is attacked or does it not since the US attacked first?

I don't understand, I thought Trump was a Russian pawn?

Quote Originally Posted by Taneras View Post
    If he was Russia's pawn then wouldn't Russia want it to seem like he isn't their pawn and thus the saber rattling?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well he is of course. It's why he called Putin to inform him that he would be striking Syria.

Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account
    Wonder if hes considering a no flight zone

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    If the US attacks Syria and then Syria's allies attack the US, does that invoke NATO because the US is attacked or does it not since the US attacked first?
    No, just like it wouldn't have if Russia had retaliated against Turkey last year. But it's unlikely most NATO members would care about the rules if Russia attacked the USA.

Does it matter? It's just saber rattling after all...

Americans patriots and cocksuckers with advanced military expertise invading thread in 3..2..1

Because you really think that any NATO member will help defend the US if they are attacked one day ?

Keep it civil
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2017-04-10 at 02:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anon56 View Post
    Americans patriots and cocksuckers with advanced military expertise invading thread in 3..2..1
    can we be friends?

Deleted
    No as the us started it.

Im normally anti trump, but this seemed like a pretty measured response from the us.

Isn't it more or less mandatory to say that, to not look like a cuckold?

Deleted
    Americans patriots warmongers and cocksuckers with advanced military expertise with delusions of grandeur and knowledge how to link military marketing bullshit invading thread in 3..2..1
    Fixed

But anyway, nothing will happen. All Russia and Iran can do is talk.

This part worries me though:
    Mr Putin and Iranian leader Hassan Rouhani have called for an objective investigation into the chemical attack.
    More specifically, that it is a valid call that will be ignored. NATO countries tend to assign blame without investigation, like in this case, or do fake investigation inviting only one side to justify their initial claims and ignoring anything that doesn't match agenda. Its a disgusting trend. Unfortunately brainwashed people swallow it like candy.

He isn't a competent pawn ...

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Show me on the doll where the American Patriot touched you:

Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    I hate when satirical comics have the names of people written on them. It shows how ill-informed their target audience is.

China - Russia - N Korea

The axis of evil.

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Show me on the doll where the American Patriot touched you:
    Shouldn't the doll be a communist for the jab to make sense?