Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Please don't, we already have too many parents that think the child is something they can shape and mold the way they wish. You can set goals for your in-game character to reach x level and x gear, but if you set goals your child is gonna be a doctor / lawyer / get a phd the moment it gets born... just stop. (Yea I know the quoted person was probably kidding, but just sayin')

It's the same about OP and him saying "I have slight OCD" about something, well a kid is gonna give you trouble because kids are always messy, unpredictable and don't follow neat planning, ordering or expectations, so better start dealing with small nuisances like extra alts so you can be prepared for bigger deals the kid is gonna serve you. Not going crazy about meaningless details is really necessary when you have a kid. Better start practicing now. Even parents without inherent OCD / anxiety issues often go mental about health and hygiene around their children, often to ridiculous amounts. Sometimes you just have to chill and let some things slide.
    Well sorry, maybe it is because I always wanted my dad to spend more time with me when I was young. And I was the type of kid that wasn't messy, being clean do not stick to age, and my parents did not had much influence on me with it (it is similar with dogs, some love water, some avoid it for all cost). I didn't tell that guy to be strict to this kid or anything, but I know in today's world a lot of children do not get enough attention from their parents, which causes sometimes that they do not even know each other (and as you said, I was just kidding).

Anyway if this guy cannot keep his alts uncapped then maybe it is time to stop playing, changing game or maybe even finding new hobby, and what could be better than spending more time with your family (especially since children grow so fast that you don't even notice moment when they move out).
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Denied View Post
    Of course being a parent is more important than anything in life, thats one of the reasons i made this thread, i was hoping some people with kids would respond, im thinking deleting alts and keeping 2 characters that i can play when i have time is better then trying to play so many different classes.
    As a parent, I think 2 characters is great. As someone who has done it for a very long time, I can say that I get a few hours during the week, and more time on Sundays when the wife takes the kids and they all go do church and other activities. Instead of a Garagemahal... I have a gaming system.

So, I have one child, I'm married, I work full time, and I have 12 alts to 110, and photography is my other hobby. I'm not entirely sure what playing all of your alts looked like to you but you won't be able to do nearly as much as you were once that baby comes. What I did before the pre-patch to Legion ever got close to hitting servers is I chose a main. My main is the one I spend most of my time on, things like the Balance of Power questline or maintaining a decent ilvl are all things I reserve strictly for my main. With your alts you have to be incredibly discriminating with what you do on them. Right now I'm doing the Legionfall campaign across my alts only because it's so time gated that I can actually do it in small chunks and keep it up. Outside of that, I don't really play my alts unless I want to run older content to collect skins or there's a daily quest up with something really enticing.

Also, from one alt junkie to another. NEVER DELETE YOUR ALTS! You have no idea how this game is going to change or evolve. It might be that with 8.0 you want to reroll another class, and as fast as leveling alts is, it is far better to just have a character you know and love already versus having to create a new one. If you're even in doubt, just log onto your character and type /played. On my least played alt I have 13 days worth of time on her alone. If having them on your screen is bothering you, either use the little arrows on the character selection screen to organize them from most to least played (I personally do it by armor types, so Warrior on top with Warlock on bottom).

Another thing is that having a bunch of alts you don't raid on is incredibly friendly for tight schedules. The ability to log in and do a few quests or a few PvP matches, or whatever you want to do and then log off and go about your business is extremely handly. AP isn't really a concern for the alts because you're not doing anything really focused on being top DPS, but if you keep your AK research going they'll easily cap their AP (except maybe the new infinite trait) without having to grind for them. My main is halfway through filling the new traits from 7.2, and my alts are either about to open up the new AP traits or they're working on earning the new traits.

As long as you take a very casual approach to playing your alts and not stress about maintaining a certain standard with them, there isn't any reason this should play to your disadvantage. I still spend time with my daughter daily, I still get to take my camera out , I still spend time with my wife, I spend time with my friends and other family. Feel free to PM anytime if you have any questions, I'll be happy to chat!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    Well sorry, maybe it is because I always wanted my dad to spend more time with me when I was young. And I was the type of kid that wasn't messy, being clean do not stick to age, and my parents did not had much influence on me with it (it is similar with dogs, some love water, some avoid it for all cost). I didn't tell that guy to be strict to this kid or anything, but I know in today's world a lot of children do not get enough attention from their parents, which causes sometimes that they do not even know each other (and as you said, I was just kidding).
    What I was referring to is parents who plan their child's progress as a player would plan their toon's progress, they already decide which school will the child go to, which extra curricular activities it's gonna attend, who is it allowed to be friends with, and even what kind of college / career it should pick. Some parents are also paranoid about child's well being to the point of having everything "anti bacterial", stuffing the child with vitamins and dietary supplements, and worst of all, not letting it out of the house and rather let it sit home play on the phone / pc than go out cuz out there are all the evils of the world, muggers, pedophiles, rapists, drug dealers, gangs and generally apocalypse. These children who grow in "golden cages" and it really doesn't serve them well in adult life. So called "helicopter parents" that hover over the child and try to shelter and groom them.

And well, about cleanliness / messiness babies and toddlers generally tend to make stuff dirty, most of us don't even remember how we were at this age, but OCD parents who get annoyed about spilt soup or thrown around toys do themselves no good, because many children are like these, and it's often a normal part of their learning / developing process, getting annoyed "I just cleaned here and you made a mess" really doesn't help.

Maybe you never encountered these type of families, then lucky you. I'm just saying if someone gets annoyed about not having his alts tidied up, I'm worried how they'll react when they see the child's toybox or wardrobe and stuff there isn't lying in perfect order... Their child might keep everything in perfect order, but I wouldn't count on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Denied View Post
    I dont really play much anymore and one of the reasons is that its been impossible to keep my characters up to par, i have 12x 110 one of each class, and i play up until one point where i just gave up on the game because all my characters were behind.

I have slight OCD about having characters that i dont play and im thinking about deleting them, im just afraid im gonna regret it down the line because blizzard implements features that makes the game more alt friendly.

How do everyone else do it? i assume you dont all a bunch of characters that are fully geared etc.

What would you do? im just afraid ill regret it and i got my first kid on the way too and i definetly wont have time then for all those characters.
    It's not too hard, most classes are actually boring AF so I picked the least boring 2 or 3, ended up getting bored of 2 of them now I only have one.

BTW if you had any form of OCD you would have deleted them without making a post about it, good news, you don't have OCD.