Deleted

Post Reasons Why Players Burnout

Give your opinion to why you think people burnout

A lot of assumptions and only my personal opinion:

1- The Fun of the game comes from numbers
    Item level is a big part of the game and for some is the "whole game". The problem is once you reach your skill cap, be it Mythic dungeons, Normal mode or Mythic mode, the game ends because you reach your max item level available for your "skill cap".
    Meaning people stop playing once they reach the max item level available for the max difficulty they intend to do.

2-Combat Gameplay is not necessarily Engaging/Fun
    It's a tab-targeting oldschool MMORPG meaning all the fun comes from "DPS/Healing/Tank rotations" and "Damage Meters"
    It's not an action game like many other modern multiplayer games with cool animations, interactions, combos, reaction based and mechanically intense gameplay.
    It's just an opinon and an assumption that this type of oldschool MMORPG playstyle is not "fun" on the long term and is easily overshadowed by other modern multiplayer games.

3-Repetitive Nature
    This is not necessarily bad because all games are repetitive but this on top of "not engaging combat gameplay" is the perfect mixture for fast burnout.
    We repeat the same content over and over for hopes of "better numbers" (item level) that doesn't open any kind of new gameplay when unlocked.
    It just makes us better equiped to repeat the same content again.

4-Lack of Server community Interactive Gameplay/Competition
    The only "server community gameplay" in the game comes from "World Bosses" (they are not exactly engaging) and competition to see which Guild is able to kill Mythic Guldan first.
    When we are in a community we want to be competitive and interact with a group of people.
    Lack of leaderboards of DPS, activities to conquer places and be competetive with one another makes the people feel disconected to the world and feel...kinda alone if they don't have anything to compete with and be known on the server.
    I think more activities to be known on the server would be an excellent addition to the game.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-04-11 at 10:23 AM.

Youre main point of wanting leaderboards is moot... theres warcraft logs .com...

Use that and people not going for skillcap can enjoy the game...

Is argue Legiin class revamp significantly boosted gameplay.

People 'burnout' on trying too hard and forgetting to have fun. That and irl committments, friends, etc
    Last edited by Elestia; 2017-03-22 at 05:21 AM.

You know you could have posted that, in one of the many many many many burnout forum threads right?

OT though.
    1. That has always been a thing in WoW, skill caps have always, always been a thing. Except now with m+ there isn't a cap.
    2. That style in wow has always been a thing in WoW, and is what it is. Some love it some hate it. There isn't anything else to say about it.
    3. That has always been a thing in WoW, now for higher tier players more than before, but yes for the majority it has always been that way.
    4. There are leaderboards in WoW, they're just on Wowprogress and warcraft logs. And there is still a ton of server community on majority of servers if not all. You just need to insert yourself into that community. Because there is usually only 1-3 communities of people.

All in all, it's an MMO, most of your complaints, are on things WoW has had apart of it since the beginning, and people didn't get severely burnt out then, to the same extent as recently (This may not be true, the burnout may be the same, which is a low amount, I don't have numbers)

I think the main reason people are burning out this xpac over others is the lack of caps from Blizzard. I was always against valor caps, badge caps, dungeon caps (the whole 10/hr thing), you name it. Legion has shown though without Blizzard capping how many M+ dungeons people can run a day/week that people will take it to an extreme either in the pursuit of legendaries, titanforged gear, or AP farm. In the pursuit of remaining competitive players are unwilling to police themselves and are burning themselves out from pushing too hard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
    People 'burnout' on trying too hard and forgetting to have fun. That and irl committments, friends, etc
    I think i have burned out after 2 Months playing and farming item level. I never rushed anything or did something too fast.
    The item level game simply ended and with it the excitment of the game died

Jaws of Shadow nerf just made me burnout. Perk I was just about to buy. This is real problem with this game right now for me - you pump AP into one spec, until amount of it needed for next level is too high, spreading it between 3 weapons (pure dps classes) would be even worse choice imo. And we are getting punished for our choices constantly...

I really hope artifacts will not comeback in any new expansion ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

For me originally (the one time I burned out) it was the inability to run 25 and 10-man raids at the same time. (They shared a lockout)

Wrath you could do 25-mans 3 days a week with guild, 10-mans 3 days a week with guildies (but progression based).
    Cata came and stopped that. Could have all used alts but too much faff.

Back now though, can't see me stopping any time soon.