Thread: North Korea

North Korea

What happens to blizzards bottom line if North Korea is attacked and retaliates by knocking out the entire electrical grid in south korea with one nuke? For that matter what happens to the price of flat panels, cell phones, Memory chips etc.?

Maybe it's time to stock up on some extra electronics?

Deleted
    I'd stock on water and food

What's with the dozens of North Korea posts on the forum?

North Korea has been spewing empty threats for the last 50 years and nothing ever came of them.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

North Korea has been spewing empty threats for the last 50 years and nothing ever came of them.
    Yes, but there is a difference.

In the past...
    North Korea: "We are going to attack you and eliminate you!"
    USA: "Okay, let's take a deep breath, sit down and talk."
    South Korea: "We stand by our American allies in the talks."

Now...
    USA: "We are going to attack you and eliminate you first!"
    South Korea: "We stand by our Ameri... Wait, what?"

This kind of relations hasn't been present since Korean war, so...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

I'd be sad because my favorite comics are Korean..

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Yes, but there is a difference.

In the past...
    USA: "Okay, let's take a deep breath, sit down and talk."
    South Korea: "We stand by our American allies in the talks."

Now...
    USA: "We are going to attack you and eliminate you first!"
    South Korea: "We stand by our Ameri... Wait, what?"

This kind of relations hasn't been present since Korean war, so...
    Yep.. Totally.. sit down and talk with North Korea... uh huh... tell me how that works out.. That is why we are in this mess in the first place. North Korea isn't a country you can sit down and talk to.. We have just kicked the can down the road letting them get more powerful. We can't let them test their nuclear capabilities even further. At some point you have to say no more.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's just a bunch of prick waving. Doubt anything will come of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    There are two arrogant little babies having a tantrum at each other, but with control over massive weaponry about to possibly end the world.

Up until this year, there has been a rational person in the US to counter NK, now there isn't.

Figure it is worth talk about - if anything is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    I can laugh about it because it's on the other side of the planet for once.
    If the US initiates an attack on NK, it is likely to spark the end of the world as we know it.

If that's the sort of thing you enjoy laughing at ...

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    There are two arrogant little babies having a tantrum at each other, but with control over massive weaponry about to possibly end the world.

Up until this year, there has been a rational person in the US to counter NK, now there isn't.

Figure it is worth talk about - if anything is.

- - - Updated - - -

If the US initiates an attack on NK, it is likely to spark the end of the world as we know it.

If that's the sort of thing you enjoy laughing at ...
    I actually doubt it. NK doesn't pose a threat to any other country except SK. Seoul is in pretty serious danger from their artillery. Even ancient 1950's artillery could do a lot of damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    I actually doubt it. NK doesn't pose a threat to any other country except SK.
    However, the US is a threat to China.... that's existential threat stuff right there.

NK hasn't changed, what has changed is the US has a madman as CiC.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

7+ Year Old Account
    However, the US is a threat to China.... that's existential threat stuff right there.

NK hasn't changed, what has changed is the US has a madman as CiC.
    You're right, except all indications are China doesn't care about NK anymore. They don't have anything, the country is completely impoverished and stuck in the 1950's. They have nothing to offer anyone. Honestly I think the best thing that could ever happen to NK is if their government was taken out quickly with a surgical strike, and then unified with SK. There would be a lot of issues at first (similar to what happened when Germany unified - SK would need a lot of help to rebuild the 60 year old decayed infrastructure), but overall things would be a lot better in the end. A lot of families were separated when people ended up on the wrong side of the DMZ at the end of the Korean War. Most of the NK citizens are little more than slaves, living in mud huts and eating dirt at this point.

Not implying I support Trump at all (I don't), just pointing out some stuff. A war with NK would last about a week. Within 24 hours we'd have total air superiority...doesn't matter how big their army is if we have air superiority. A couple of ancient rusted Mig-17's aren't going to help them. The only possible danger is if they decide to artillery Seoul on their way out. This also wouldn't be like "regime change" in the middle east. It would effectively be unifying Korea and making it a stable country without having a small walled off portion with a madman in charge. Remember the guardian form of the mutalisk in Starcraft? How you could bomb stuff from a distance while being completely out of range of all anti aircraft stuff? That's pretty much what attacking NK would be like. They don't have any modern aircraft to fight back with.
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2017-04-15 at 04:30 AM.

You're right, except all indications are China doesn't care about NK anymore.
    Well, apart from the fact NK is right next to them they don't.... their is no 'surgical' strike when it comes to NK, their military infrastructure far out hits its wealth.

Yes, a war with NK might last a week - IF, and ONLY IF NK starts it.

Problem here is - Trump is looking to start it, he is getting the taste for big bombs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, apart from the fact NK is right next to them they don't.... their is no 'surgical' strike when it comes to NK, their military infrastructure far out hits its wealth.

Yes, a war with NK might last a week - IF, and ONLY IF NK starts it.

Problem here is - Trump is looking to start it, he is getting the taste for big bombs.
    Yeah I agree...taking out NK should be a multinational effort, not just the US deciding to attack them for the lulz. Their issue though is, despite having a huge military infrastructure, it's all 60 years out of date. They don't have anything that could stand up against a modern air force. I liken what would happen to massing about 20 Guardian Mutalisks in Starcraft and attacking a base that has AA emplacements but no effective air force. If their leadership was eliminated, it would effectively cut off the head of the snake. And keep in mind that their military, despite having a lot of troops, is basically starving. It'd probably end up being like Iraq where they would surrender to drones.

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    Yep.. Totally.. sit down and talk with North Korea... uh huh... tell me how that works out.. That is why we are in this mess in the first place. North Korea isn't a country you can sit down and talk to.. We have just kicked the can down the road letting them get more powerful. We can't let them test their nuclear capabilities even further. At some point you have to say no more.
    We've been "talking" to N.K. forever, mostly making small concessions.

Yeah I agree...taking out NK should be a multinational effort, not just the US deciding to attack them for the lulz. Their issue though is, despite having a huge military infrastructure, it's all 60 years out of date. They don't have anything that could stand up against a modern air force. I liken what would happen to massing about 20 Guardian Mutalisks in Starcraft and attacking a base that has AA emplacements but no effective air force. If their leadership was eliminated, it would effectively cut off the head of the snake. And keep in mind that their military, despite having a lot of troops, is basically starving. It'd probably end up being like Iraq where they would surrender to drones.
    A multinational effort? the US is the only country in the world with a competent military. What is the fucking point? Our military is stronger than the next 8 countries combined. Our military IS The multinational effort. Our military represents Europe because Europe decided to forgoe its military and depend on us instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    A multinational effort? the US is the only country in the world with a competent military. What is the fucking point? Our military is stronger than the next 8 countries combined. Our military IS The multinational effort. Our military represents Europe because Europe decided to forgoe its military and depend on us instead.
    War against Japan ended with nukes, because it was impossible to defeat millions of suicidal fanatics otherwise without unacceptably large losses. In North Korea, multiply fanatism by 10, and you will realize why it is not as simple as "Declare war, take the enemy out, profit". Unless the US is willing to unleash dozens modern nukes on North Korea, it is going to be a very long and painful war.

Unless North Korea collapses from the inside. Happened in Iraq, so might happen here as well. But I wouldn't bet the lives of millions on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have other NK threads open, and we don't need increasingly unlikely scenarios put up for discussion