Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    That 13 year old girl needs professional help, not charges that will only damage her more in the end. Sick.
    But faking your suicide is a "normal" thing to do? stop the victim blaming. She has mental problems and until such a time that she is no longer a threat to others she needs to be locked up and kept away from others.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    But faking your suicide is a "normal" thing to do? stop the victim blaming. She has mental problems and until such a time that she is no longer a threat to others she needs to be locked up and kept away from others.
    If by mental health problems you mean that she's a teenager that wants attention. You don't need to have mental health problems to do stupid shit in your teen years for attention.

If she didnt try to get him to kill himself, I dont see how doing a prank should cause her to be responsible for his death. No matter how morbid that prank was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    It was a crappy thing to do but that's pretty harsh, she's only 13, not her fault the kid had something wrong with him, that's not a normal response.
    "malicious use of telecommunication services and using a computer to commit a crime"

Notice that she isn't being charged with manslaughter. She is essentially being charged with hacking... this "poor girl" will be fine. She is not a/the victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I'm not sure why we assume everyone who does something that results in someone's death needs professional help. It's completely normal for children to improperly estimate the outcomes of their actions and/or not consider the consequences.
    Be that as it may even children even 13 year olds are fully capable of making the connection between the sudden loss of a loved one and grief. There is no justifiable reason for her to think it is ok to fuck with people in this way. This is an issue of ethics and morals and her complete lack of them. People keep bringing up her age and maturity not seeming to realize that if anything that makes what she did worse because she did it to someone younger than her who may not have understood things on the same level she does. Kids shouldn't have to be told that it is wrong to cause suffering to others and it is a disturbing trend that sociopathic behavior is becoming more and more acceptable.
    Last edited by xanzul; 2017-04-11 at 09:25 PM.

Do you need attention?
    "The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference."

Elie Wiesel (1928 – 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by High Priest Arafal View Post
    there is something incredibly wrong with both of them.

you dont do suicide pranks, you simply dont, a 13 y/o should know this by now.
    and healthy people dont commit suicide.
    Implying that faking your suicide doesn't cause mental health issues for others. I'm not sure how anyone could be "healthy" mentally or otherwise after suffering this kind of loss not to mention the fact that even as adults we have great difficulty in coping with the loss of a loved one.

Deleted
    Be that as it may even children even 13 year olds are fully capable of making the connection between the sudden loss of a loved one and grief. There is no justifiable reason for her to think it is ok to fuck with people in this way. This is an issue of ethics and morals and her complete lack of them. People keep bringing up her age and maturity not seeming to realize that if anything that makes what she did worse because she did it to someone younger than her who may not have understood things on the same level she does. Kids shouldn't have to be told that it is wrong to cause suffering to others and it is a disturbing trend that sociopathic behavior is becoming more and more acceptable.
    I think you're the abnormal one if you never did some stupid shit as a teenager. And no, I've met a lot of teenagers who do not understand grief.

I don't disagree that what she did was stupid and that she didn't know better, I am saying the punishment seems harsh because at 13 I doubt she thought the 11-year-old would kill himself.
    The issue is that she thought this was ok to do. Whether he committed suicide or not doesn't change that fact.

It was a crappy thing to do but that's pretty harsh, she's only 13, not her fault the kid had something wrong with him, that's not a normal response.
    She is just as responsible as any other hazing/bully/troll. Her age has nothing to do with it.

Age factors into mitigating punishment, not assessing guilt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Wait so people who fake a suicide (and potentially cause issues from psychotic people) are committing a crime while bullies who drive people to suicide aren't?
    As is tradition.

It was just a prank though, so she is good bro!

/s

Yeah, humanity is messed up. Poor kids, both of them. She obviously wasn't mature enough to realize her mistake and was too immature to deal with a relationship.

When I was in grade school two kids jumped off a bridge for whatever reason. I don't remember. The bridge isn't high enough to kill on impact so they probably drowned :/
    Last edited by PACOX; 2017-04-11 at 09:42 PM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    More and more the law is trying to act like children have the developed minds of adults. Was what she did shitty? Of course, but she's also a dumb immature kid with a mind to match. The actual adults in this case are unable to tell the difference between a teenager and a full grown adult. Likely because the line keeps getting blurred with internet and good ol fashioned anti-intellectualism.
    In this day and age I think it is incredibly dangerous for adults to take it for granted that kids don't have any sort of understanding of the world especially considering many kids have realized this and use it to their advantage. These people are not always sweet innocent little angels and day by day crimes are being committed by younger and younger kids. Kids are growing up faster than ever and many are far more aware of the realities of life more than even the people who are supposed to be their caretakers and guides.
    Last edited by xanzul; 2017-04-11 at 11:16 PM.

So you basically admit she is responsible for his suicide and that it was fine for her to do it? What the fuck is wrong with you people? No I don't care what their names are NOTHING would make this funny. It is a fucking tragedy and a completely senseless unnecessary death.

This boy's family was completely destroyed by this "prank" and it will never recover from this. Their lives are forever changed and all for a "prank". Disgusting. Truly disgusting.
    No...

Just made a shit joke, and She deserves Jail time....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Njorun View Post
    Depression is a mental illness.
    I think I fucking know that...

7+ Year Old Account
    No one is "responsible" for anyone's suicide, unless it's the rare cases of assisted suicide.

In this case, an idiot killed himself because of what he thought he knew about someone else.

Protip: The only time it's illegal to lie (outside of a courtroom) is under questioning from the cops; you can refuse to speak, but you can't lie.

What she did was in essence, a lie. Prosecution is stretching like Plastic Man with this charge. Any half decent defense lawyer will walk all over this.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Kids these days.. suicide "prank" lol. Next: armed bank robbery prank lul, its just a prank mr cop dont shoot me.
    SWAT-pranks are a thing so it's reached that point some time ago.

ITT, people who have very little experience with children and/or like to treat kids like little adults.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Two best pieces of advice ever:
    * Never make permanent decisions over possibly temporary circumstances.
    * If you have any doubts whatever, let decisions stand the test of time and just wait 24 hours before acting on anything.

Learn to recognize that everyone has bad days sometimes and that tomorrow everything may not seem as bad as it does today.

Take the girl from her parents and put her in juvenile detention until she's 18.

Not healthy to commit suicide, not healthy to fake suicide. Though neither of these kids were exactly mature mentally, so not exactly hard to understand how infatuation and the apparent loss of said infatuation could lead to suicide.
    Charges, can't think of anything to charge someone with. There was no intention to cause harm, though as I suggested it's not exactly healthy behavior. Did they exhaust every other prank, before landing on suicide?

Again 11 and 13 are hardly at a stage of development to be emotionally stable, and as much as I don't want to besmirch the parents, they probably should've been paying more attention to the relationship between the two kids.

Parents of both kids are at fault here. One, for not monitoring their activity and two, for not teaching against bad behavior. I see a lot of parents pushing their kids to have girl/boyfriends without realizing that the kids are not mature enough to handle the emotions involved. Hell, even some adults can't handle the burden of a relationship.