Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question How would YOU fix Legion?

What about Legion would you change in order to "fix" it in your eyes? And, if you could, go into detail about that change.

For example, I would definitely redesign the legendary system. No one likes the RNG, I would make it so that each legendary you got FELT legendary, and not everyone had two.

An idea I had was make getting a legendary (still have a few legendaries per class, but you can only target one), a longer process a la MoP or WoD. Perhaps you had to work with Odyn or Kalecgos, and make it similar to the Balance of Power questline where instead of forging more Power for your artifact you created a legendary. Something that gets rid of the asinine RNG

Another change I would make is to the artifacts. Instead of grinding out every single trait, make the Artifact Traits similar to talent trees, where you can only take certain paths, but can refund and change them just like talents. That way, you can create different builds, and have almost "sub-classes" through the artifact. Artifact Power could still function similarly, but this way every trait isn't needed, and increases ways to customize your build.

How else would you change Legion?

inb4 "Change everything!" Not an argument

Deleted
    I'd take down MMO champion forums so the salt levels stopped contributing to the unnecessary hatred people feel towards the game

Deleted
    I feel like the bane of my legion is. RNG with RNG.

I actually like the idea how many legendays there are. but it sucks it is random, I would , Make it an actual meter of luck, so you can see you where Progessing towards something. And when you got it, you where able to choose. IT feels WEIRD to get it from a random chest in the world, when i just done with a raid and beside been running BG's and mythics. away with the RNG of legendarys.

beside this, Artifact power, gone, it felt alright the first 2 weeks. but now it is a fucking paint. Oh nice i get 400k but i need 19M to get 0.5% more damge. do your class hall and the power is unlocked. that is it. it was good enough for all other expations, good enough for legion no pointless endless farm

7+ Year Old Account
    reduce the gating and rng.

done.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    how bout end it immediately and release an expansion in which they didn't lost all touch with WoW

Quote Originally Posted by ThaNinja View Post
    I'd take down MMO champion forums so the salt levels stopped contributing to the unnecessary hatred people feel towards the game
    This. In general, I really like Legion. I dig the story, I like the class/profession quests, I like the grinding. Reminds me of Classic, except that I can handle 3 or 4 times as many mobs at once.

Change the legendary system, and the artifact system. Grinding AP isn't fun.

add back dungeon/raid tokens a'la WoTLK, lower RNG on legendaries and not have so many of them.. ZERO lore locked behind content you can't queue for, including quests. Flying from the start and utilized in game play.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Cap titanforging at normal raid level for the current tier and have no WF/TF above that, remove random sockets.
    Remove artifacts and put back weapon drops instead(keep the AP system in some other capacity, but without the infinite trait)
    Put a per-spec Conquest-style cap on spending AP in each weapon and remove AK.
    Buff trinkets so they're actually good(and delete statsticks).
    Add a "skip scenario" option to the new Broken Shore scenario after having done it once.
    Remove the class campaign as a requirement for unlocking the 3rd relic slot.
    Delete legendaries from the game(use their bonuses as talents/"artifact" traits/set bonuses/trinket procs instead), and instead do more items like Karazhan ones which have special effects/smaller sets.
    Change the max camera distance back to what it used to be.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2017-04-11 at 04:54 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Reduce the gating, Something need to be done for this gating crap especially for the latest patch.
    Remove or fix the rng, especially for profession
    Give flying when you hit 110

Nothing, the game is in its best shape (content wise) ever.

Noone would do WQs (other than the AP ones), old raids on any difficulty, low difficulty dungeons, etc. if it wasn't for legendary drop chance.

And gating is a necessity to keep people interested for longer.

- Delete all legiondaries
    - Reduce WF to +5 ilvl, TF to +10 ilvl
    - Pace the AP system through a rolling cap
    - No loot from doing M+, only AP per run. You get your loot drop(s) in the weekly chest whose quantity and ilvl depends on the 3 hardest M+ dungeons you completed the previous week
    - No RNG when it comes to secondary stats or gem sockets
    - Reduce RNG greatly in general in other areas, especially professions

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    Nothing, the game is in its best shape (content wise) ever
    Maybe if you started playing in WOD. Ulduar and ICC were FAR superior to anything released thus far in Legion, as were other raids and content from other xpacs.

7+ Year Old Account
    I would start by removing any all capitalized pronouns.

Quote Originally Posted by High Priest Arafal View Post
    reduce the gating and rng.

done.
    RNG is a core rpg element. Please find another genre of games to play if it's an issue
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

I'd not allow flying for another 6-9 months.

Apart from that - I'd stop listening the the noisy minority, everything else is just fine.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    Nothing, the game is in its best shape (content wise) ever.

Noone would do WQs (other than the AP ones), old raids on any difficulty, low difficulty dungeons, etc. if it wasn't for legendary drop chance.

And gating is a necessity to keep people interested for longer.
    What keeps people interested is good content, not drip feeding it like they're doing right now with the Broken Shore campaign.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    In short:

Revert everything back to how it once was (preferably Classic I guess) so people can cry how Blizzard has no ideas and balls and never tries to innovate.
    They(the WoW team) don't try to innovate. They clumsily copy things from other games.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    RNG is a core rpg element. Please find another genre of games to play if it's an issue
    Hence "reduce", not "remove".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I'd not allow flying for another 6-9 months.

Apart from that - I'd stop listening the the noisy minority, everything else is just fine.
    Even if you agree with their design decisions, the buggy mess that is 7.2(and Legion in general) is not "fine".
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

I'm uncertain Legion is what needs fixing; the players' attitudes and expectations do. Entitlement is killing the game; unfortunately, there's no going back.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd reduce or eliminate gating where the game stops the player no matter what.

I'd have *introduced* gating on AP gains per week, i.e. capping AP to something like 2x the average. Yes, I know the issues. I still think we'd have been better off if people didn't see benefit to running 2000 MoS M+.

I'd have capped the value of AP by giving artifacts an end point where they were as powerful as they were going to get.

I'd have reduced the RNG. I started maining a destro lock where my resource generation was RNG and my main hard hitting spell's mastery multiplier was also RNG. That kind of thing permeates the game and is annoying.

I'd have capped WF/TF benefits. It's one thing to get a proc on WQ gear and be a bit happy. It's entirely another when you can TF WQ gear or LFR gear and get 88x pieces. It makes it harder to tune content and devalues effort ("I got an 880 helm from a mythic raid. My friend got one for cracking nuts and chasing squirrels.").

I'd have done Pathfinder as one part with a long chain during 7.0 that all related to why we could not fly and which made players go all over and defeat a lot of challenges. Similar to, but even longer than the SMV chain in BC which ultimately led the Champion of the Nauru and Hand of Adal titles. Then I'd have had a final big quest or scenario in 7.1 that gives players flying. By time 7.1 hit, we'd all explored everything important.
    Last edited by clevin; 2017-04-11 at 04:56 PM.

Several first steps would be undoing the ability pruning and all changes to PVP. Flying available the moment you hit 110, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Even if you agree with their design decisions, the buggy mess that is 7.2(and Legion in general) is not "fine".
    Sorry, I was referring to WoW Legion 7.2 - not sure what game you are talking about.

Been perfectly fine so far...

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.