Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirbypro View Post
    I think all the hunter bodyguards know to feign death when you do, meatball doesn't give a crap and will keep attacking mobs and keep you in combat.
    Syrenne does not.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Another nice thing about Syrenne is her grapple/stun combo. For those of us who are Marksman without a pet it helps keep the mobs at range for a decent amount of time. Also very nice when it comes to World PVP with the grapple/stun.

I feel like Hunters Order Hall Followers just have an awkward setup especially when using Meatball.

Right now I run Hemet, Blake, Halduron, Hillaire, Addie, Syrenne(Combat Ally) and Meatball.

I think this is the most Optimal Setup I have found with trying out all the different options.

Anyone agree or have any other setups that have worked well for them?

Quote Originally Posted by MattMode View Post
    Another nice thing about Syrenne is her grapple/stun combo.

Right now I run Hemet, Blake, Halduron, Hillaire, Addie, Syrenne(Combat Ally) and Meatball.
    Her harpoon should be a root not a stun, but your point is valid.

And I run the same combo. Hillaire is the "weakest" and most redundant member of that squad, so she can be easily swapped out if you decide you want a second survival counter via Rexxar or Want to change a Minion counter to a Hazard counter via Emmarel. Or you could just take Syrenne off bodyguard duty for a period if you need those things. I personally don't do a lot of swapping, so I think Hillaire is the "best" default choice.

its worth noting you would have a "more complete" mission team with Meatball as a bodyguard than Syrenne, but I feel Meatball is more all around useful for missions AND Syrenne is a better bodyguard and missions are not so specialized/hard that you need both running missions all the time. And all the other combat ally's are completely worthless outside of gold/ap equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    Syrenne does not.
    But she leaves combat(disappears) when you feign death or run away and then magically appears when you move along.

Love having her around as follower, get lots of mobs, kite them around her trap, awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by MattMode View Post
    Another nice thing about Syrenne is her grapple/stun combo. For those of us who are Marksman without a pet it helps keep the mobs at range for a decent amount of time. Also very nice when it comes to World PVP with the grapple/stun.

I feel like Hunters Order Hall Followers just have an awkward setup especially when using Meatball.

I think this is the most Optimal Setup I have found with trying out all the different options.

Anyone agree or have any other setups that have worked well for them?
    Use black arrow for outdoor content, the pet aggroes your target so you esentially don't need anything else. Syrenne is ok too, besides her annoying repetitive jibbering.

Deleted
    Well Meatball certainly seems as a good champ to do missions with.
    75% on bosses + the bonus items he can get go a long way.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I didn't know he existed prior.

Quote Originally Posted by Vurrin View Post
    Her harpoon should be a root not a stun, but your point is valid.

And I run the same combo. Hillaire is the "weakest" and most redundant member of that squad, so she can be easily swapped out if you decide you want a second survival counter via Rexxar or Want to change a Minion counter to a Hazard counter via Emmarel. Or you could just take Syrenne off bodyguard duty for a period if you need those things. I personally don't do a lot of swapping, so I think Hillaire is the "best" default choice.

its worth noting you would have a "more complete" mission team with Meatball as a bodyguard than Syrenne, but I feel Meatball is more all around useful for missions AND Syrenne is a better bodyguard and missions are not so specialized/hard that you need both running missions all the time. And all the other combat ally's are completely worthless outside of gold/ap equipment.
    Yeah for sure, seems like we are both on the same page and thought process.

I thought about making Meatball the primary follower but he's just so strong that a lot of times you can reach that 200% without needing to use a pathfinder which opens up more possibilities with other missions combo's.

And yeah with our lineup we pretty much have 1 Survival, and 1 Aspect of the Cheetah unless we, like you said squeeze in Syrenne but really all we have to do is counter the "no bonus loot" and "mission duration". If it's the one which increases mission cost or the one that will kill your minions(Pro Tip; Try to always use a minion with a higher life total on the missions which do not "kill minions" if you save those for a minion that already is down to 1 health they would have ended up dying anyway) I never really worry about that as we have a plentiful supply of order resources if you use a Combat Ally with equipment.

I kind of want Moroes but then I think as you said, Hillaire would be the next benched one which would only leave us with 1 beastmaster and 1 explosive shot which might be stretching things too thin.

I've benched Loren, Rexxar and Hilaire. Using the other 5 plus Moroes as mission followers with Syrenne for a combat follower filled with gold from WQ items. Perfect dream team for me.

Deleted
    She once did 2M dps on pack of demons on brokenshore. They just melted. cca 15 mobs

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Well Meatball certainly seems as a good champ to do missions with.
    75% on bosses + the bonus items he can get go a long way.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I didn't know he existed prior.
    I was on the fence about using him as an ally but the 20% added mission bonus items he gets from missions plus his 75% to bosses is just TOO GOOD not to use as a mission champ.

Also with some legendary relics I'm pretty sure Meatball will almost 200% a lot of missions solo.

Lastly, I went with Rex cause of his counter being needed so often. With the right relics he can actually also be a great solo champ for certain missions too.

Deleted
    Color me a convert for Syrenne as a bodyguard. I don't -need- one, but extra damage speeds things up nicely doing an avera of 12-15% of my damage which is noticeable.

She is just noisy as fuck though.

So I made an addon to silence her. You're welcome

https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/26...yguard-syrenne

Quote Originally Posted by Zuuda View Post

This is the fate you deserve.

The weak will always perish.

It could be no other way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuuda View Post
    Color me a convert for Syrenne as a bodyguard. I don't -need- one, but extra damage speeds things up nicely doing an avera of 12-15% of my damage which is noticeable.

This addon will mute our verbose Syrenne champion. You do -not- drop this addon into Interface! You must unzip this directly into your WoW directory (where you have the WTF, Data, Interface and etc folders).

Uhm thanks, but no thanks.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Deleted
    k

/10characters

Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    This addon will mute our verbose Syrenne champion. You do -not- drop this addon into Interface! You must unzip this directly into your WoW directory (where you have the WTF, Data, Interface and etc folders).

Uhm thanks, but no thanks.
    LOL

That's because it alters sound files, and those aren't in your interface folder but in your sounds folder.
    The addon isn't dodgy.

I personally won't need it; since they fixed the "Support Mode" (shortly after release she would never show up; now she shows up regularily to drop traps and then disappear again) I can just put her on support mode and she's not as much of a nuisance.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Addie should never be wasted on bodyguard due to her mission time reduction.
    Does she still give +5% rep when assigned as a bodyguard? In that case it's useful for farming paragon caches etc.

And yea I know sometimes good mission followers are also good bodyguards (Vargoth / Remulos looking at you) and there are champs that are simply neither.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sticking with Rexxar. Don't have the 125 gold equipments to switch.