Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    "The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference."

Elie Wiesel (1928 – 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobblo View Post
    Now you've just changed topics. What is right is a moral issue. Murder is a legal issue. Executing a criminal may or may not be 'right' (we differ on this), but, if the state is empowered by the law to commit this action, then it is NOT murder. Otherwise, killing someone in self-defense is murder as well.

If you can stop incorrectly using the term murder, then, perhaps, we can discuss whether it is morally right or not to execute certain criminals. Would it be morally wrong for me to have my neighbor held as my prisoner? Why or why not?
    You are totaly missing the point, mabey you should read my posts again.
    "The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference."

Second time you avoided my questions.

I reread your arguments (not really, i read them right the first time). You are saying that the government should have no right to execute its citizens. You then call it murder. Well, i defended the case why it is NOT murder. A murder is an unlawful killing. Your disagreement does not take away the government's empowerment by law to execute a citizen.

If you would like to defend your reasoning on why the government should not execute a citizen, please answer my questions posed.
    Please stop with the loaded language.

Second time you avoided my questions.
    The awnser to your "questions" have already been given.

Stop with the loaded rethoric.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    Look at the map above. In all the "yellow" sections a death sentence is considered organised state murder. That you delute yourself by saying it's "legal" doesn't change a thing about that since, humanly speaking, it isn't.

In line with General Assembly resolutions calling for a phasing out of capital punishment , the UN Human Rights Office supports Member States, civil society and other stakeholders campaigning for a moratorium on the death penalty and ultimately its abolition worldwide.
    The UN does many things - it also elects a Human Rights Council with China, Philippines and Saudi Arabia.

And changing language rarely persuades people in itself - "slavery" is still called "slavery" even if those abolitionist were successful - not "kidnapping". Some say that taxes are theft; that is not persuading people either.

As for the map: Objectivity lies in the eye of the beholder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneezeburger View Post
    List of World's Largest Executioners that DOESN'T Adjust for Population. Fake News?

Seriously?

Have we decided to dispense with pretense now, and just call anything we dislike "fake news"?

There is NOTHING false presented in that map, it's just facts, but presented in a way that you don't like.

Grow up.

I find it unfortunate that we don't use nitrogen asphyxiation if we're concerned about whether the method is humane. This seems like an obvious choice, but I never really see it mentioned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneezeburger View Post
    Friend, I'm many things but alt-right is not one of them.
    ....good