Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    How are we going to reduce college costs without the government being involved? Students don't have any power in this situation.
    Well...#1 would be to get the government out of the student loan business.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    In some instances yes, it benefits society as a whole. Not in all circumstances though, and it doesn't address the core of the problem, fixing the affordability of college.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol okay big fella, show me who i insulted before you made your dumbass comment.
    Oh come on now little guy. When will you actually have a point? I mean really, you've been insulting me me through out the thread and accusing me of hating veterans. I guess if someone disagrees with you, they must hate veterans. Its pathetic really.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    Soo, what about the rest of the residents that got hardcore fucked over by overpriced tuition and have gigantic student loans are they going to forgive them also? One of the best things to happen would be if the Government bought Navient and forgave all student loans to people working in their field of study. Then you would see people pouring money into other things.
    Maybe the govt can pay off my mortgage and car loan too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Absolutely fantastic. Way to set the standard New York.
    A republican gov in TN did a similar thing in 2014. Nobody cared because it was TN, its just flyover country.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    It depends on how it's written. There used to be programs where small towns paid to educate doctors who would then live and work in the small town. But, so many doctors didn't hold up their end of the deal, the programs have mostly disappeared. This New York law will need some teeth. There is also the issue of what degree do they get, and what if there is no need for it? What if you can't get a job in NY with said degree? What then? Say for example you get a degree in dance therapy, but there are no jobs that require that degree. Are you required to live in NY and do just any old job, instead of using your degree in another city?
    I dont see those as real problems, If you wanted to do dance therapy it is on you to determine the demand for that degree if you want to take advantage of the "free" tuition. They are offering to pay your tuition if you stay. Nobody is compelled to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Oh come on now little guy. When will you actually have a point? I mean really, you've been insulting me me through out the thread and accusing me of hating veterans. I guess if someone disagrees with you, they must hate veterans. Its pathetic really.
    Please...if you can quote me insulting you before you made your stupid comment, ill apologize.

True...true...true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please...if you can quote me insulting you before you made your stupid comment, ill apologize.
    so saying I dislike veterans for disagreeing with u is not an insult.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    So how is New York going to pay for all that tuition? Nothing is free.
    This. Public universities are like small towns to themselves and the tuition paid is used for upkeep of a lot of services. It takes a LOT of money to run a large university.

I do like the stipulations, but I'm assuming they'll charge them if they move out of the state afterwards but before their commitment?

Saw this on my local mews the other day, don't remember is this paid for by state or federal taxes?

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe the govt can pay off my mortgage and car loan too!!!
    There is a govt. mortgage payment available right now. Not sure on the stipulations. My friend was in arrears and they are paying 50k towards his.

It isn't? It's his perception. It could be inaccurate, but that isn't an insult. It's his assertion of how you came off.

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    A republican gov in TN did a similar thing in 2014. Nobody cared because it was TN, its just flyover country.

I dont see those as real problems, If you wanted to do dance therapy it is on you to determine the demand for that degree if you want to take advantage of the "free" tuition. They are offering to pay your tuition if you stay. Nobody is compelled to stay.
    Fair points. I guess it's actually pretty obvious that, if the better job pays enough more than the shitty one, you just pay the tuition at that point.

15+ Year Old Account
    Then you would of not received a college education. But I don't think whatever schooling you received would be acceptable to the lamestream liberal corporations and "fake news" job prospects.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    It isn't? It's his perception. It could be inaccurate, but that isn't an insult. It's his assertion of how you came off.
    Nah, he does it very often when ever we discuss. He just assumes I must hate veterans, or want Americans to die. Hes very much like that.

Once again, find me where i insulted you before your stupid comment, and ill apologize.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont take it personally, dont worry about that sunshine. I find folks like you amusing. Still upset that bernie lost, still upset that america won't embrace your morally bankrupt ideology.

I just content myself with the fact that by large and whole, your political beliefs will never see fruitition.
    Also Tony pulls this crap all the time. Hes making up my argument for me to debate against... which also makes no sense. Not sure what morally bankrupt Ideology I am apart of, but he has it in his head that I hate veterans.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Then you would of not received a college education. But I don't think whatever schooling you received would be acceptable to the lamestream liberal corporations and "fake news" job prospects.
    I wasn't aware those entities hired folks with Emergency management and organizational management degrees.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once again, find me where i insulted you before your stupid comment, and ill apologize.
    So thats not meant as an insult? Come on kiddo. "you disagree with me therefore you hate veterans" is pretty insulting to the military.

Also Tony pulls this crap all the time. Hes making up my argument for me to debate against... which also makes no sense. Not sure what morally bankrupt Ideology I am apart of, but he has it in his head that I hate veterans.
    Still con't find that quote?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Saw this on my local mews the other day, don't remember is this paid for by state or federal taxes?

- - - Updated - - -

There is a govt. mortgage payment available right now. Not sure on the stipulations. My friend was in arrears and they are paying 50k towards his.
    Whew!!! free moneys!!

So thats not meant as an insult? Come on kiddo. "you disagree with me therefore you hate veterans" is pretty insulting to the military.

You still haven't found a quote from before you made your dumb comment?

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Maybe figure out how to use it to exempt NYC from paying federal taxes for places like Idaho, for nothing.
    You know those states in the center of the country that you don't give any fucks about? They grow your food.

New York has certain geographical advantages that Idaho obviously does not. Manhattan Island and New York Harbor, to name two.

Maybe Idaho could pay more tax if certain coastal states weren't dead set on free trade and open borders...to the detriment of middle America.