Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Blizzard probably has one or two more expansions left before they need to start talking about either a new MMO or completely rebuilding WoW from the ground up. I'd say there's a high likelihood we'll get a new expansion announcement with this year's BizzCon.

if so, i hope they will say that flying achievment are done with and that will unlock when you gain max level

Deleted
    Yes, it would probably be a evolution of legion: World of Warcraft: Diablo

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I would assume as such.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Very likely, but god I hope not. I'm glad they are pumping out content more frequently, but really not tryna worry about beta hype the same weeks as a new raid is out or something like is going on now.
    They won't release beta at Blizzcon or close to it. They traditionally announce at Blizzcon... months go by, we get alpha. 1-3 months later, beta. So I'd anticipate beta in spring '18, expansion late summer/early fall.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    I think that they simply intend to do away with racing for "yearly expansions" and instead focus on actually fleshing out the average lifespan of expansions to avoid a year-long content gap.
    That's what they said around Legion's launch - the "one expansion per year" model wasn't working, and Legion would have more patches and a focus on content throughout the expansion.

Remains to be seen. So far the PTR has been up near constantly. There's a lot of content, so even if they do have another drought there's more to do than in Warlords, but I reckon the next expansion releases in 2018 around Christmas at the earliest, so an announcement this year is possible.

i think they will announce the title at like july but not show anything about it till blizzcon 2017 and release in prob feb march 2018. But we are still missing 2 tiers according to people which is ToS raid patch and the 7.3 patch so it seems like legion will last longer but thats because we got a lot of content imo

- - - Updated - - -

they will keep making wow expansions untill 500,000 players are left lmao. Then they will make it free probably and just sell patches as DLC. They make expansions by like 2-3s meaning while we are on Legion they are working on 2 expansions the one after legion and the one after the one after legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Blizzard probably has one or two more expansions left before they need to start talking about either a new MMO or completely rebuilding WoW from the ground up. I'd say there's a high likelihood we'll get a new expansion announcement with this year's BizzCon.
    And they tried making a new one with Project Titan but they said they gave up on it. They prefer working less and still making money like Overwatch instead of working a long time and making same amount of money

100% will be an announcement. 7.3 will probably be released right before blizzcon with the final raid in early 2018, this gives about 6 months of 7.3 raid and another summer expansion release.

15+ Year Old Account
    I hope blizzard is working on:

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17615441824#1

World of Warcraft: Army of the Light
    Now we liberated Azeroth from the Burning Legion threat, we champions are asked to join the battle vs the Void Lord threat and the remaining forces of the Burning Legion on countless worlds.

- Levelcap raised!: to 120!

- Your Artifact weapon: Artifact weapons remain on Azeroth as a line of defense. Multiple skills are transferred from the weapon to the player and are now baseline. As parting gift from Archmage Khadgar you get a legendary pendant that does nothing.. but it levels with you to level 120.
    At level 120 Much like the artifact-system you are able to upgrade it with power and unlock the powers hidden within.
    (Getting weapons drops is a thing again!)

- New "Stargate"-system: Find and unlock endless new worlds and realms to explore! Not all worlds are under control by the Void Lords or the Burning Legion. Some are empty and barren (only chat^^), or have other problems/threats that need to be dealt with, on some worlds you even may find unexpected allies.

- Subraces: Option to roll sub-races with new racial, skins, lore! For example i would like to play an unbitten-Gilnean or a Mechagnome!
    (Pre-order to get a free race change!)

- New Class Theme Overlays: Add new flavor to your class and unlock one of the many themes! If activated theme will rename all your skills, icons and spell effects, and unlocks a cosmetic gear set. (Your character will play the same)

Example 1: Arms Warrior - The Warden
    Example 2: Elemental Shaman - The Tinker
    Example 3: Marksman Hunter - The Shadow Hunter
    Example 4: Demo Warlock - The Necromancer
    Example 4: Windwalker Monk - Pirate
    etc, etc.. you get the idea
    Last edited by shade3891; 2017-04-13 at 07:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    I'm skeptical this time around.
    Think what you want of Legion, but there's a perception of a lot more resources being put into this expansion. If they do announce the World of Warcraft: Murlocalypse, I wouldn't expect anything more than concept art, paradigm shifts and big things tickle our interest.

Like...NE Paladins. I guess. Please no though =(.
    remember, the announcements in the past have mostly been nothing more than concepts, MAYBE some very early pre-alpha stuff that's playable. Don't confuse announce with beta. Especially before WoD, announce meant beta was close to 6 months away and lasted another several months, i.e. from announce to expansion launch was 10-12 months. That's about right for Blizzcon. Legion will be, what, 14 months old by then? Do an alpha in late January, beta in March, launch in late summer/early fall it about 22 months total.

Argus, of course, but i guess a few more side quests/dungeons about old gods/ titans wouldn't hurt

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they don't do proper naga as playable race. It would be a shame if I had to come back. (I've always wanted that D: )

Could be something said at Blizzcon or something but I dont expect a new xpac for at least another 1.5-2 years.

Blizzard said Legion would be longer than WoD so its possible but unlikely.

7.3 will likely get announced at blizzcon, possibly, but not the next expansion, not unless they go back on their promise about Legion being longer and make Tomb of Sargeras the final patch for Legion.

In which case, Argus will be next expansion content, or, they will hold off a new expansion until next year.

My predictions are the following:

Announcement of Warcraft 4, or new MMO (The unnanounced project seems like it will be a big deal).

Announcement of a new Hearthstone expansion, again.

Announcement of a major expansion for Overwatch, its first.

And-or possibly an Announcement of a Starcraft MMO. Aswell as a new Heroes of the Storm Hero or two.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Blizzard said Legion would be longer than WoD so its possible but unlikely.

7.3 will likely get announced at blizzcon, possibly, but not the next expansion, not unless they go back on their promise about Legion being longer and make Tomb of Sargeras the final patch for Legion.

In which case, Argus will be next expansion content, or, they will hold off a new expansion until next year.

My predictions are the following:

Announcement of Warcraft 4, or new MMO (The unnanounced project seems like it will be a big deal).

Announcement of a new Hearthstone expansion, again.

Announcement of a major expansion for Overwatch, its first.

And-or possibly an Announcement of a Starcraft MMO. Aswell as a new Heroes of the Storm Hero or two.
    Warlords of Draenor launched in November 2014, while its final patch was launched in June 2015, only eight months later. Considering that raid tiers are expected to last six months, WoD could be considered to have ended in December 2015, and Legion will already have been longer than WoD at the time of Blizzcon 2017.

Likewise, assuming the Tomb of Sargeras opens in June/July, the following raid should be available around the end of 2017. I find it unlikely that they would wait as long as Blizzcon to announce 7.3, especially considering that there was only about five months between 7.1 and 7.2.

So far they release content roughtly every 3 months, using that logic:

7.2.5 and Tomb of Sargeras + Season 4 should be released in June
    7.3 - outdoor zone + instance + weapon changes and Season 5 should be released in September
    7.3.5 Argus raid + Season 6 in December

Blizzcon is in November so it does make sense to announce the new Expansion. That gives them around 4-5 months of development time.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Very likely, but god I hope not. I'm glad they are pumping out content more frequently, but really not tryna worry about beta hype the same weeks as a new raid is out or something like is going on now.
    Yup, was thinking the same thing.

Blizzcon is still a while away, but for the time being Legion still feels fresh and fun to me.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    "Pray that purging the Nightmare's corruption buys us enough time to defeat the Legion and catch our breath before the black armies rise up from the depths."
    I like how Malfurion doesn't question us both purging the Nightmare and defeating the Legion. Its a question of can we do it FAST ENOUGH.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I like how Malfurion doesn't question us both purging the Nightmare and defeating the Legion. Its a question of can we do it FAST ENOUGH.
    He's privy to the next expansion plans...