Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Hey look buddy IQD was the original tanaan/ TI.

Actually burning crusade patched in FIVE hubs over its lifetime: IQD, the netherdrake isle, skettis, the area above hellfire peninsula with the ravagers, and ogrila.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2017-04-13 at 01:47 AM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    "Artificially"...? Wtf?

Either you find the content worth doing, or you don't. I'd say AP, Legendaries, materials and PVP objectives are pretty fucking legit ways in which the content is kept relevant. Others must agree since I see A TON of people out doing objectives each and every day.

"Artificially"... LOL!
    I must ask, exactly what was that you got for shatari skyguard, nethedrakes and argent tournament.

That is content which will be worth doing every expansion ahead, while artificially upped ilvl, ap and leggos will be forgotten as soon as new expansion hits, basically youre being given carrot on stick which you need to do if youre serious about raiding despite having no other interest or actual desire to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    Just what do you people think "going to Argus" is going to be? ToS is the final raid, catch-up mechanics exactly like TI and Tanaan are in place so no, we're not getting another raid or any major content that we don't pay $50 for.
    ToS is certainly not the final raid. Why do you think that a catch-up mechanic with gear indicates the end of an expansion? Just because people will eventually get a minimum of 880 gear doesn't mean that the expansion is ending, it's a mechanic used to help people get an alternative to gear up since Mythics will likely get scaled up one more time in 7.3. The bar for Mythic EN and Heroic NH runs will also go up as gear gets better so people will be able to just tear through it. There's literally nothing more to it besides the fact that they wanted to help people gear up faster.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2017-04-13 at 02:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    ToS is certainly not the final raid. Why do you think that a catch-up mechanic with gear indicates the end of an expansion? Just because people will eventually get a minimum of 880 gear doesn't mean that the expansion is ending, it's a mechanic used to help people get an alternative to gear up since Mythics will likely get scaled up one more time in 7.3. The bar for Mythic EN and Heroic NH runs will also go up as gear gets better so people will be able to just tear through it. There's literally nothing more to it besides the fact that they wanted to help people gear up faster.
    http://www.polygon.com/2016/11/6/135...azzikostas-wow

The above summary says that 7.3 is "going to argus" and it says NOTHING about there being a raid set there. Going to Argus, for all we know, could be a scenario and a wrap up of a story. They have already set a precedent of two raid tiers in an expac and if they were planning on doing 3, then why didn't they explicitly say there would be a raid when we "go to Argus".

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just what do you people think "going to Argus" is going to be? ToS is the final raid, catch-up mechanics exactly like TI and Tanaan are in place so no, we're not getting another raid or any major content that we don't pay $50 for.
    Lolol what?
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiphess View Post
    Yea, except that they confirmed 3 tier for this expansion, and 7.3 being the last tier was confirmed and announced last blizzcon.
    And despite that, they also promised to not scale ilevel to mobs in 7.0 but they've done so In 7.2 so I don't see any reason to trust them on their word. Because big surprise, It ruins gear progression just like they predicted In the 7.0 Interview but did It anyway.

To me "Argus" sounds overhyped, cause It will be another grindy, depressive fel fire ridden land and I'm getting sick of those and It's been 7 month and a half months. I imagine Argus as a Fireland style zone, perhaps with "Building" again and a large raid entrance, that's It. So yeah kinda like timeless Isle/tanaan crossed with quel'danas/Thunder Isle... can you see how they're overusing the whole "Quel'danas/thunder Isle" style ideas? be original, be new blizz.

We've got:

Quel'danas as the first "Building upward, more dailies show up" area
    Thunder Isle as the second you build It up, unlock more areas and dailies overtime
    Broken shore as the third and latest "Build up" unlock more dailies, but now mixed with timeless Isles, rare mobs and grinding frogs like from Timeless Isle.

What gave them the Impression any of the above was good? Quel'danas was good, sure. But mixe It with Timeless Isle/tanaan style of doing things make It twice as grindy, twice as time gated and twice as boring. And we'll get a 4th version of that In Argus I'm sure. Just get rid of the whole damn Idea. Make something original already... I see no bone of originality In Legion still. All Is either taken from older expansions or made to be nostalgic.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Quote Originally Posted by davoodoo92 View Post
    I must ask, exactly what was that you got for shatari skyguard, nethedrakes and argent tournament.

That is content which will be worth doing every expansion ahead, while artificially upped ilvl, ap and leggos will be forgotten as soon as new expansion hits, basically youre being given carrot on stick which you need to do if youre serious about raiding despite having no other interest or actual desire to do it.
    It's not "artificially relevant content". It's content relevant to people playing RIGH NOW, whereas far from everyone will consider it worth their time going back to do old reputations for mount rewards.

If you're allergic to the carrot-on-a-stick-model, MMORPG's and WoW in particular has never ever been for you.

- - - Updated - - -

The above summary says that 7.3 is "going to argus" and it says NOTHING about there being a raid set there. Going to Argus, for all we know, could be a scenario and a wrap up of a story. They have already set a precedent of two raid tiers in an expac and if they were planning on doing 3, then why didn't they explicitly say there would be a raid when we "go to Argus".
    There will be a third tier for Legion. Stop arguing with shit that's been confirmed.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...Dev-Interviews

- "There are three raid tiers coming in Legion! Two raids are are coming with release, another raid in Patch 7.2 and one more raid in a later patch."

Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    I mean, we are still going to argus, and to me it feels like that area might actually be the TI/tanaan. Broken shore might only be a temporary thing for the real deal. Cause they were both released along with the last tier and if we are going to argus then perhaps there will be another raid there that will be the last tier and a big place for us to hang out in.

Thoughts?
    Let's wait for Argus, but something tells me that it is not going to be much better than 7.2.

I genuinely hoped 7.2 would be good, what's with giving another chance after WoD, etc. Turned out 7.2 is not just not very good, it is pretty awful. I am not putting my money on Argus being much better.

I mean, we are still going to argus, and to me it feels like that area might actually be the TI/tanaan. Broken shore might only be a temporary thing for the real deal. Cause they were both released along with the last tier and if we are going to argus then perhaps there will be another raid there that will be the last tier and a big place for us to hang out in.

Thoughts?
    It doesn't really matter what it is. It's boring as heck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Timeless Isle was good - it was fun, and it was optional.

Tanaan and Broken shore are none of those things.
    Classic memory issues Human nature to forget bad things if they are far enough in the past.

Timeless Isle was more or less the same as broken shore will be once the story is complete. Only it opened at the same time. Therefore, people rushed there, did it 24/7 for 2 weeks and then only went back there for the world bosses. Broken shore will be the same, just spread out over more weeks. It got the "gamble station" that TI had just this week. It unlocks world bosses only if everyone does a bit of work for it, etc.

In your opinion, probably 1990s were much better because the air was clean, there was no traffic and the world did not have any problems...

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    It's not "artificially relevant content". It's content relevant to people playing RIGH NOW, whereas far from everyone will consider it worth their time going back to do old reputations for mount rewards.

If you're allergic to the carrot-on-a-stick-model, MMORPG's and WoW in particular has never ever been for you.

- - - Updated - - -

There will be a third tier for Legion. Stop arguing with shit that's been confirmed.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...Dev-Interviews

- "There are three raid tiers coming in Legion! Two raids are are coming with release, another raid in Patch 7.2 and one more raid in a later patch."

That is in an interview with Tom Chilton (who no longer works on WoW) and Chris Black
    Yes and in that VERY SAME post you linked in another interview, with Hazzikostas and Brack

"Patches and Content Releases
    The team won't say how many raid tiers are planned for Legion, but they weren't happy with how patches worked out for Warlords."

Show me a blue post saying that there is a third raid tier and not some consolidated summary of contradictory interview comments from last June, one of which is from a guy who left and then I'll accept a 3rd raid tier is "confirmed".

Going to Argus is a nebulous term and i have seen nothing where they say what it means and if you can point me to a clarification about that where they specify if it means, zone, dungeon or raid go right ahead but I see nothing but salesy gibberish and if they liked how Draenor played out with two, that's probably what we'll get from now on.

That is in an interview with Tom Chilton (who no longer works on WoW) and Chris Black
    Yes and in that VERY SAME post you linked in another interview, with Hazzikostas and Brack

"Patches and Content Releases
    The team won't say how many raid tiers are planned for Legion, but they weren't happy with how patches worked out for Warlords."

Show me a blue post saying that there is a third raid tier and not some consolidated summary of contradictory interview comments from last June, one of which is from a guy who left and then I'll accept a 3rd raid tier is "confirmed".

Going to Argus is a nebulous term and i have seen nothing where they say what it means and if you can point me to a clarification about that where they specify if it means, zone, dungeon or raid go right ahead but I see nothing but salesy gibberish and if they liked how Draenor played out with two, that's probably what we'll get from now on.
    ... You LITERALLY quoted how the devs said that they WEREN'T happy with how patches worked out for Legion, and then at the end of your rant you posted "if they liked how Draenor played out with two"... Wtf?

And I'll take what the devs said over some random on a forum. Tom Chilton was one dude, he alone didn't decide what happens in the game. Legion will have 3 raid tiers. NOTHING they've done so far this expansion has given players a reason to doubt that they're being sincere. We've already had a filler raid nobody saw coming.

10+ Year Old Account

Thoughts?
    It is just meant to be another battlefield, nothing more.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Zone looks like crap and is super shallow, even shallower than Tanaan, which I find is mind-boggling. Here's hoping Argus is at least as intricate as Suramar was. They need to have at least one like Suramar per expac going forward, and the new zones added (real zones, not mini-zones like BS) should follow the same structure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    Gives artifact power and order hall resources, is nice.
    Yeah I actually liked the treasure cave on TI. Sure I could have done with a few less Bonkers!
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

10+ Year Old Account

I'd like to know why you don't think there would be a raid in Argus and why you think that there'd just be a scenario. We're invading a pretty big important world to the Legion, why wouldn't there be a raid there? Additionally, Blizzard has said numerous times that there would be a minimum of three major raids throughout the expansion. We could get a Dragon Soul or Siege of Orgrimmar treatment where the raid could cover various parts of the zones in the game, but a third raid tier has been confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting