Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[HOLY] Paladin Legendary Help

I've recently received a couple of new legendaries and i'm wondering what everyone thinks are the best combinations.

Currently i have:

-Obsidian Stone Spaulders
    -Prydaz
    -Chain of Thrayn
    -Velen's Future Sight
    -Sephuz
    -Aggramar's Stride

I had been using Spaulders/Prydaz with Sacrifice for a lot of the fights, but recently received Velens.
    I'm curious as to whether Velens is just a blatant upgrade over Prydaz with Spaulders, or if i should flirt with other combinations such as Velens/Chain.

Any tips/advice would be appreciated on legendary choice as well as which Aura to run with them.
    Currently Progressing on Mythic Star Augur, But looks like we will get it tonight.

Thanks.

I think with them evening out legendaries, it's becoming more of a preference for a lot of them.

Spaulders are generally 4-8% "free" healing for a fight, so they are super strong for the fact you don't have to maintain anything.
    Prydaz is great for most progression, since it'll help give you a margin of error before you die.
    Chain of Thrayn is sort of like using Sanctified Wrath, meaning it will pretty much mean you just overheal more (unless super underhealing fights)
    Velen's is great, and can be tucked pretty much anywhere for extra healing on a low CD.
    Sephuz is something I'm personally not a fan of as holy. You don't have as easy of a time proccing it on fights, not like prot spec does. There's always adds you can stun or something, but you would get more use out of something else.
    Aggramar's are like Sephuz, imo. Not terrible, but outclassed by others.

Spaulers/Velen's/Prydaz will probably be your best bets. I personally use Spaulers/Velen's, but I also don't have Prydaz. If I did, I'd swap it with Velen's on some fights.

For Auras, the general go-to is Aura of Sac, since it can be a VERY potent raid cooldown. The next aura would be Devo, but there aren't many fights where it's REQUIRED. Last phase of Star Augur is probably the primary time you'd want to use it (out of practically all the fights in NH), but it might be personal preference and/or subjective to the CD's available from other classes (like if you don't have a shaman for SLT/Rez Totem). My guild just started M Augur progression, so I can't give insight on Elisande or Gul'dan from personal experience.

I would suggest Shoulders/Velens. While Neck and Shoulders are both very good legendaries, they kind of counteract each other. With the neck you'll take less effective damage, which I believe means less healing done on you that would benefit your beacon targets wearing the shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by Kluian05 View Post
    I would suggest Shoulders/Velens. While Neck and Shoulders are both very good legendaries, they kind of counteract each other. With the neck you'll take less effective damage, which I believe means less healing done on you that would benefit your beacon targets wearing the shoulders.
    I'm no healer, but even I see something wrong with what you said there enough to say something about it. If you're not having to heal yourself as much, that's a GOOD thing. It doesn't counteract shoulders at all because you can heal others more and that will heal your beacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    I'm no healer, but even I see something wrong with what you said there enough to say something about it. If you're not having to heal yourself as much, that's a GOOD thing. It doesn't counteract shoulders at all because you can heal others more and that will heal your beacon.
    But shoulders only works on people who heal you. That's why they counteract each other.

Anyways, I think velens/shoulders or shoulders/ring are the best 2 combos right now for Holy Paladins. Really up to preference at that point. I personal am going for shoulders/ring but right now i don't have shoulders so i'm running trinket/ring

The shoulders work great for passive healing to your beacons. If you take random damage and aren't in fear of dying, you can heal as you normally would and the healing from druid hots and such will heal you, which passes onto the beacons via the shoulders. If you sport Aura of Sac and stand near tanks, to ensure you are soaking some of their damage, this can keep some extra healing flowing to the beacons as well as mitigate some of the damage they take (it generally won't be a life saver, but it's a factor). What Kluian said is super on the point for their contradictory natures, and it didn't even click with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    But shoulders only works on people who heal you. That's why they counteract each other.

Anyways, I think velens/shoulders or shoulders/ring are the best 2 combos right now for Holy Paladins. Really up to preference at that point. I personal am going for shoulders/ring but right now i don't have shoulders so i'm running trinket/ring
    Yeah, the ring is amazing, especially now that the charges are eaten so fast that they all gain the benefit of the healing increase. One of these days I'll get it...
    Last edited by Crysth; 2017-04-13 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crysth View Post
    The shoulders work great for passive healing to your beacons. If you take random damage and aren't in fear of dying, you can heal as you normally would and the healing from druid hots and such will heal you, which passes onto the beacons via the shoulders. If you sport Aura of Sac and stand near tanks, to ensure you are soaking some of their damage, this can keep some extra healing flowing to the beacons as well as mitigate some of the damage they take (it generally won't be a life saver, but it's a factor). What Kluian said is super on the point for their contradictory natures, and it didn't even click with me.
    I was wrong about the effect, but in some cases it would still be good to have Prydaz with shoulders if you find yourself taking a lot of damage in a particular encounter.

I was wrong about the effect, but in some cases it would still be good to have Prydaz with shoulders if you find yourself taking a lot of damage in a particular encounter.
    Oh yeah, they are both great items, for sure. Just Prydaz brings down the value of shoulders a little is all. It'd bring it from ~6% "free" healing to about probably 4% (very rough guesstimate). Definitely not a "omg, you should never use those together nub" kind of circumstance.

Yeah it's unfortunate i don't have the ring yet, but oh well.
    Going with Sacrifice , Shoulders/Velens for tonight, hopefully it works out well.
    Probably go prydaz/cake for progression instead of the velens, but we'll see.

It's worth mentioning i guess that i have a 905 cake and a 910 map, but velens is obviously still way better.
    Hopefully it works well!

Deleted
    you should use velens over all other legendaries and swap out the second one based on fight tbh

most of the time shoulders dont actually create free healing but just move healing around (i.e. create more overhealing for other spells). i would only equip shoulders if tank damage is a noticeable problem.

im no expert but im pretty sure the healin u recive overhealed or not works with shoulders i just hs myslef on full hp and it gives teh smae value as what it would if i was 70%hp hs

Quote Originally Posted by treeqt View Post
    you should use velens over all other legendaries and swap out the second one based on fight tbh
    You are giving him bad advice. Velen's is strictly worse than shoulders for holy paladins; it shouldn't be his first pick.

To answer the OP's question, I would go with shoulders and Prydaz (either survivability or throughput+mana via LotM spam).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MCC View Post
    You are giving him bad advice.
    [...]
    I would go with shoulders and Prydaz
    well, then ...

You are giving him bad advice. Velen's is strictly worse than shoulders for holy paladins; it shouldn't be his first pick.

To answer the OP's question, I would go with shoulders and Prydaz (either survivability or throughput+mana via LotM spam).
    I've been going Shoulders/Velens for fights where cake isnt the best thing ever, and subbing in prydaz where cake is ridic.

shoulder and prydaz combo is literally the worst hpal leggy suggestion i have ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by treeqt View Post
    well, then ...
    That's very eloquent of you.

I know I have the numbers to back up my opinion. Do you have the numbers to back up yours?

lol. velen's is really good.

equip velen's and prydaz most of the time. switch prydaz for shoulders if tank healing is a noticeable problem.

lmfao, don't listen to this guy.

generally for raids velens/shoulders or velens/neck is quite a good combo esp with aura of mercy/sac

m+: waist/velens or waist/neck is good combo always taking devo aura

Shoulders+Prydaz is not the worst thing ever. It's not ideal and SOME synergy is lost, but not absolutely terrible. For the legendaries the OP listed as their options, shoulders/Prydaz/Velen's are his best combos, and it really comes down to THEIR choice. Whether they value their own survivability (like they have high latency and take more dmg than normal) or want more throughput CDs.

As for those people saying shoulders are bad, you are incredibly mistaken. As long as you aren't overhealing fights (shame on you, this is boring) and are doing content that is at least challenging for your team, your tanks will hardly be CONSTANTLY topped and you'll often be taking some sort of random unavoidable damage to let your shoulders filter through to the tanks (this is present in... yeah, every fight). If your tanks are decently geared and play well, their health will remain steady with HoTs and beacons most of the time, with minor direct healing. This extra passive healing to them will help keep them even more steady.

Hzllo I would also need some help about my legs.

Currently I have :
    - belt
    - ring
    - velens
    - maarad
    - wrist

I'm currently using belt + ring in raid and belt + velens in M+
    But was wondering if I was doing the good choixe!

Thanks