Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Hiroshima and Nagasaki put you ahead of every other country on earth for atrocities. Literally the only country in human history to drop nukes on civilians.
    I'd say Germany would have America beat on that one.
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2017-04-15 at 04:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobblo View Post
    Yes, in a way, i am. I am not defending them as good guys. I am defending them as not the worst guys. You have four (?) major factions vying for control in Syria. ISIS is the best of the four. They are not the best, however.
    .........The rebels are AQ, who are assholes but generally want to control the area known as Syria, terrible yes but they have to at least pretend to not be complete shit until they start winning, Assad's an asshole but in the standard hardly competent how the fuck have you not been killed yet, kind of asshole, The Kurds are alright, then there's ISIS who basically just want to party like 699.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    I'd say Germany would have America beat on that one on the "atrocity meter".
    Well there are 2 ways to look at that, Either Hiroshima and Nagasaki are inarguablly worse than the Holocaust or every time there's a significant government change you get a free pass for what occurs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post

Well there are 2 ways to look at that, Either Hiroshima and Nagasaki are inarguablly worse than the Holocaust or every time there's a significant government change you get a free pass for what occurs.
    Not really sure how someone could justify what Germany did. But it was certainly a hell of lot worse than Hiroshima and Nagasaki. As those were justified. People had warning. The Emperor had warning. All were ignored. Countless lives were saved on both sides.
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2017-04-15 at 04:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    But, this is my problem. Assad (and the government he comes with) have so much blood on their hands you cannot see skin. Where is the public's animosity for him?

And, the Kurdish and American-backed rebel faction is filthy as well. I forgot the Iranian-backed Shia faction who are filthy as well.
    Compared to every other group the Kurds are a field of daisies. Assad's more of a resigned fact at this point. We only care generally because the Kurds were nice enough back when the Iraq war occured.
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, perhaps this is true about the Kurds because of their numbers. Kurdish rule in Syria is not feasible.
    The entire country? No but that's it's not like the Kurds want the entire country, they seem content with what they have for the most part, the only bit they want is what the rebels North of Aleppo still have and that's only to connect the Cantons, the only reason they are going for Raqqah is partly because the US wants them to and partly to piss of Turkey.

15+ Year Old Account
    Syria cannot be ruled by any group as a united nation anymore, I think the best solution is to partition it and let time heal the wounds. at this stage the winning faction will just mass slaughter the groups of people that are linked to the losing side (and by that i mean their supporters or anyone even remotely connected to them)

If Assad wins the whole country back he's gonna kill alot of civilians and his opponents, If the sunni rebels win they're gonna kill the shias, the christians and any other minority group that backed Assad.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Using excessively large blasts just for the hell of it does nothing to win wars, but it does make war more expensive, which makes it easier for the US to "lose" them.
    for the hell of it eh? according to whom?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Using excessively large blasts just for the hell of it does nothing to win wars, but it does make war more expensive, which makes it easier for the US to "lose" them.
    You think the US will go broke over a few billion? And this is just a few million....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Well, you sure in the hell didnt defeat the Germans or the Japanese.
    Which has like zero relevance with anything. Back at the time we all had armies.
    Such a 'murican reply though

- - - Updated - - -

But, this is my problem. Assad (and the government he comes with) have so much blood on their hands you cannot see skin. Where is the public's animosity for him?

And, the Kurdish and American-backed rebel faction is filthy as well. I forgot the Iranian-backed Shia faction who are filthy as well.
    Are you like... for real? There's no clean side in syria. At least Assad represents a stable state, not one where there is going to be another civil war in 3 months, like with any other alternatives.

Not sure what point you're trying to make bit its weak, the media and western opinion is heavily skewed against assad. At times even beyond what's reasonable. Isis themselves tell us about the things they do and the way they want to build aociety.
    Last edited by mmocd8deb25f37; 2017-04-15 at 06:09 AM.

Deleted
    Russia makes for a winning Assad, but an enemy of his people does not make for a stable state.
    And you say he's an enemy of his people based on what exactly?
    Last edited by mmocd8deb25f37; 2017-04-15 at 08:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TJrogue View Post
    Which has like zero relevance with anything. Back at the time we all had armies.
    Such a 'murican reply though

- - - Updated - - -

Are you like... for real? There's no clean side in syria. At least Assad represents a stable state, not one where there is going to be another civil war in 3 months, like with any other alternatives.

Not sure what point you're trying to make bit its weak, the media and western opinion is heavily skewed against assad. At times even beyond what's reasonable. Isis themselves tell us about the things they do and the way they want to build aociety.
    Its relevant in that the reason you have "no enemies" is because others defeated them for you. Now you "love" peace because you have nothing to fight for and nothing to fight with....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TJrogue View Post
    And you say he's an enemy of his people based on what exactly?
    Oh, the indiscriminate intentional bombing of civilian targets perhaps?

Meh Russia has a bigger bomb

Called the Father of All Bombs or "Big Daddy"

http://www.news.com.au/world/middle-...7160b4dbec4b95

Russian sources have claimed their weapon has a power equivalent to 44 tons of TNT – or four times that of the MOAB – despite being lighter than its 21,000lb US counterpart at 16,650lb.

Big bombs are nice, i like this one it's sexy.

Dont think anything survived there lol.

Deleted
    Based on my experiences with the Syrian people.
    Funny. I found the complete opposite.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Its relevant in that the reason you have "no enemies" is because others defeated them for you. Now you "love" peace because you have nothing to fight for and nothing to fight with....

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, the indiscriminate intentional bombing of civilian targets perhaps?
    He is evil afterall.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    Russian sources have claimed their weapon has a power equivalent to 44 tons of TNT – or four times that of the MOAB – despite being lighter than its 21,000lb US counterpart at 16,650lb.
    I believe that's a Fuel Air Explosive (or "Thermobaric") device. The MOAB is simply a very large conventional explosive device (uses 11 tons of a high explosive composition called H-6).

Fuel Air Explosives can achieve higher yield because the weight of the atmospheric oxygen they consume is not counted in the weight of the device. They are more finicky to set off properly though.
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2017-04-15 at 11:19 AM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Unless you talk to government workers and their families only, i find this hard to believe.
    The educated Syrians that left before the war for reasons that weren't related to war or starvation. The ones that understand what would happen if Assad goes. That ones that remember Libya before and after.

Before Syria got destabilized for not signing the right papers, they had a very selective well educated kind of emigration. Doctors and the likes.
    The question really is simple. Of the groups involved in this "civil" war, who would present a realistic alternative to Assad without causing bloodshed?
    Last edited by mmocd8deb25f37; 2017-04-15 at 11:12 AM.

Deleted
    Awesome! Random AoE is the fucking most awesome thing humans created. But US can do better, can't they?

Deleted
    These people are heavily against Assad as well. Not all of them, but the majority of these types of Syrians i have come into contact with.
    That is not at all what I have experienced myself. Which kind of hit the coffin nail on this discussion based purely on personal experience. The problem is we don't have any tool to establish the popularity of Assad in Syria apart from the election and a piece of paper, both confirming Assad as the "choice of the Syrians".
    Not saying you should listen to that, what I'm saying is you shouldn't assume.

By the way I just noticed we're in the wrong thread.
    OT: BIG BOMB GUD!!

Just did. So, now that i am awake, let's tackle what you have written.

You have, not in any order:

1) My Lai Massacre

2) Lynchings

3) Syphilis experiments in Guatemala and of course, Tuskegee

4) Haiti Corruption

5) Atrocities committed during the Korean War

6) Destruction of Dresden

7) Japanese Internment

8) Drone Strikes

And this is the official history. Rightfully so, many have placed far more charges on the US government than what i have linked.

And i am indoctrinated?

What?
    Aside from lynchings literally everything you listed is a direct result of policy pushed by multinationals who have used every president in the past 50 years as a puppet

You cucks need to start learning to appreciate whatever western country you live in, because we are far superior to any other culture

Oh and capitalism > every other system

That should trigger you pretty hard lol

Quote Originally Posted by Zolaris192 View Post
    Oh and capitalism > every other system
    Capitalism has its own failings and problems. You can't just go with capitalism alone and expect everything to work out fine.