Which follower should we use as a bodyguard to equip with extra ap equip?

As the title says I'm wondering if anyone has run the numbers and figured out which would be the most efficient to use as a bodyguard to equip with extra ap chance equipment.

I'm leaning towards matron mother or kayn sunfury but more so towards kayn sunfury because he's not a on use ability bodyguard.

Xpariah
    , Protection Warrior
    Xdh, Vengeance Demon Hunter
    Reckoning, Usually Recruiting
    YouTube & Twitch, Warrior & DH Tank PoV

your link is outdated, and doesn't include S'theno, who is actually a very solid bodyguard

You don't use her as a bodyguard, you want her to do missions all the time, for the extra minion with 40% she can give it to you after a successfull mission.

Who cares about bodyguards when you already 3 shot everything?^^" She is strong in mission, not as a bodyguard.

Oh and btw, the extra minion she can bring to you is free.

+1 for Naga as a bodyguard. That haste buff is insane and it is RAID WIDE. Meaning, you're fighting a world boss, the haste bubble procs, literally EVERYBODY IN YOUR RAID (that's sorta near you) gets 100% haste. It is *totally* insanely, broken OP and I love it. Shit just *melts*.

I wish I got that AP legendary I got a stupid 15% chance on mission + 15% more chance if spells. SIGH!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by extremity View Post
    +1 for naga as a bodyguard. That haste buff is insane and it is raid wide. Meaning, you're fighting a world boss, the haste bubble procs, literally everybody in your raid (that's sorta near you) gets 100% haste. It is *totally* insanely, broken op and i love it. Shit just *melts*.

I wish i got that ap legendary i got a stupid 15% chance on mission + 15% more chance if spells. Sigh!
    Word! Insane! She swims on the water - I wish I could ride on her on the water - would be great!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can keep her minion alive with Kor'vas healing item. You can't do it via the companion app but it works if you actually log in regularly.

Meatball.

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by Corydon View Post
    You are mistaken. She is OP as a bodyguard. (See Extremity's post.) I know the extra minion she brings is free - but minions are cheap as fuck anyway. But to each their own I guess. The OP's question was what is the best bodyguard and my opinion is that Lady S'theno is the best
    OPs question was most efficient bodyguard which would take into account missions as well. All 3 of S'theno's abilities are extremely useful on missions. Personally use Kayn and can just drop him onto any missions that require fel rush after WQ'ing. I've needed Fel Rush less often than Throw Glaive for missions though.

For OP, https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._guide_for_72/ Guy made a spreadsheet and uses meatball as bodyguard for all classes (since it can get % fine without gear apparently, don't have him but seems straightforward to get).

Quote Originally Posted by Corydon View Post
    You are mistaken. She is OP as a bodyguard. (See Extremity's post.) I know the extra minion she brings is free - but minions are cheap as fuck anyway. But to each their own I guess. The OP's question was what is the best bodyguard and my opinion is that Lady S'theno is the best
    She doesn't give you the minion you can already recruit, she gives you a new type of minion that you can't get anywhere else, Coilskar Brute, it increases successful chance by 40%.

As good as S'theno is, Meatball is still the best bodyguard for all classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gylen View Post
    Meatball.

/thread
    What does Meatball offer in the open world when assigned as your bodyguard?

I think I read somewhere that he and Moroes have identical abilities, is that true? If so, is it just while on a mission? Feels like it'd be weird if the bodyguard abilities were also the same.

Belath is my homie. I don't "need" him, but he's geared out in all +gold items currently. Still waiting for a good legendary +gold item for him, but I'm looking to make 100+gold per WQ. Adds up pretty damn quick, it's nice!
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    What does Meatball offer in the open world when assigned as your bodyguard?

I think I read somewhere that he and Moroes have identical abilities, is that true? If so, is it just while on a mission? Feels like it'd be weird if the bodyguard abilities were also the same.

Strange Feeling: While in combat, Meatball will spawn orbs that linger for 12 seconds, like he did during his Brawler's Guild fight. Run over these to obtain a stacking damage buff and receive healing. After five stacks you can keep refreshing the duration, but it won't go any higher. Roughly 6ppm.
    Meatball Hungry: Meatball will channel a three second stun on the target. After the duration the target immediately dies, leaving behind a pool of blood and gore. He seems to only use it on targets below 20% hp.

Overall, he's a fine choice of bodyguard just for the potential to get +50% damage on longer fights, plus the fun of seeing a gnoll out in the wild. At the same time, you'd be sorely missing out on all his order hall bonuses.

Where does the AP leg for the follower drops?

Followers that follow you around are like part of your transmog; use whichever suits your image.
    This includes the option to use hidden follower.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by HeiAggra View Post
    Where does the AP leg for the follower drops?
    Same place as all follower equipment, enjoy the RNG. One of the Broken Shore buildings also gave 1 piece of legendary follower equipment this rotation. It was not guaranteed to give AP one (NA at least). Got AP equipment on some chars, but another item on the rest.