Deleted

[Protection] Strenght

Hey,

I am currently in a weekend guild and we`re progressing mythic. We have a tank who is always changing spec for dps to get more strenght instead of stamina from food and flasks. I don`t know anything about tanking and that makes me wonder why strenght is more beneficial for protection warriors.

I did asked him about it and he said strenght give him more absorbs from Ignore Pain, but for me stamina was always better for tanks.

I`ll be happy for some simples explanations in that case.

Cheers.

Pretty much as he said. Strength means stronger Ignore Pain, and higher damage. Stamina is only useful to prevent getting globalled. If you can survive being globalled, you don't need more stamina, at that point it's just a buffer.

Also, bit controversial, but the ultimate form of mitigation is a dead boss.

For perspective...1650 stamina, is 99k health. I currently have 5119020 health, so that would put me at 5218020, a total increase of ~2%. If I remove ~1400 strength, my Ignore Pain goes from 825079 to 789583 per use. 35469 difference. If I use Ignore Pain literally 3 times in the fight, I will have gained more effective health than using a stamina flask. More likely, I'll use 40+ uses of IP per fight. If the fight is trivial. 80-100 times on one where I actually need the mitigation. So, that switching to a strength flask would let me ignore an extra ~3M+ damage over the course of the fight.

Stamina is going to be better than str for survivability, as the larger health pool is more likely to save you than the higher ignore pains. However, str is going to be better for mitigation, since stamina is only useful if you drop low enough to die, and does nothing to reduce damage taken.

The more likely reason (and the reason I do the same thing), is it increases damage. Since I normally don't need the extra stamina (Either I won't drop that low, or I'll go way past that point due to a mechanical mistake), I prefer to take the significant increase to dps. If dps complain then I'll use the ignore pain thing as a cop-out, they're just silly dps