Poll: Why are you doing the challenges?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I don't.
    I don't see that tank challenge is what tanking is about (definitely not a dps race) thus i don't see the taint to be a proof of owner's tanking ability, so no point in gaining it.
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

I do it for the challenge. The weapon skin for Vengeance DH is pretty bad, but I like stuff like this in game. I loved green fire on my lock, so this is definitely holding my interest.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

When they make one I'll do it, right now those are just gear checks.

Deleted
    it's part of my long term goals for Legion in getting all "special" appearances for the artifacts.
    Am at 29/30 hidden appearances for my leveled chars. For the challenge appearance I will most likely only do it on main and first alt if I find the time while the tower is up for now and then wait until end of ToS, or Argus Raid, to unlock it on the rest of my chars (considering you will want ilvl >890 in pretty much all cases.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilmoo View Post
    I don't.
    I don't see that tank challenge is what tanking is about (definitely not a dps race) thus i don't see the taint to be a proof of owner's tanking ability, so no point in gaining it.
    Same for the healer's one really. Want me to do a challenging healing scenario ? I'm fine with it, but focus it on healing and dispelling and shit like that, and not to dps and interrupt, because that's not my job.

Deleted
    To watch casual scrubs cry over it in forum polls about how it's a gear check and not a skill check when in reality they have neither.
    Last edited by mmoc232ef037da; 2017-04-19 at 02:11 PM.

Well I'm mostly interested in doing them for the appeances, but the one skin I want is locked behind the KJ heroic kill anyway. So I've put it on the backburner and don't really care about it for the time being - especially after realizing that the challenge was clearly not inteded for my class and we just got lumpted in with this one because we are vaguely related to the plot there. Seeing the differences in required timing and execution between the classes, I don't even feel bad about not having it. I see very few people with it on my realm (none actually so far) as well so even the perceived pressure isn't there.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2017-04-19 at 02:41 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Because the Guardian skin is the best skin ever created
    +

Now I only have to figure out how I can win RBG's while Guardian specced

10+ Year Old Account
    Those who chose prestige makes me laugh.

I completed it on the 4th attempt on my Balance druid and first attempt on resto druid. Don't use the appearance though, I prefer using the transmog I've used for quite a while. Some random green weapon from Cata, I believe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    Same for the healer's one really. Want me to do a challenging healing scenario ? I'm fine with it, but focus it on healing and dispelling and shit like that, and not to dps and interrupt, because that's not my job.
    You're probably stuck in the vanilla mindset of healing then. Healer has been expected to DPS during downtime for several years. If you don't DPS, interrupt, CC and stuff as a healer, you're a bad healer. Easy as that.
    Hi

well if there was true tank challenge i'd be doing it to test and improve my tanking.. since its nothing more than a DPS challenge tank gear i'm not that worried about it. I want the appearance but the challenge for "tanks" is just stupidly designed.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Because i want Weapon skin for my arms warrior, however one im looking forward to get the most is green colored one that required to kill heroic KJ. As far as i understand i need to unlock basic one 1st to get others. or not ?

The bear skin sucks. I don't care about it. Rest of my characters aren't geared enough for it yet.

Deleted
    Because not doing it.

The difficult ones bring back the feeling I had while playing Dark Souls. That feeling of trying many times, getting really pissed and finally doing it, is amazing.

15+ Year Old Account
    To challenge myselfl. I was not quite motivated enough to stick it through until it was done on the first or second mage tower, but I give it a handful of tries each time it comes up (the knockback off the platform during the tank challenge just does me in almost every time).

For my alts, no fucking way I'm dealing with that shit anytime soon. That'll have to wait until I get gud at playing my alts (or heavily outgear the challenges).
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Blizzard didn't have any problem killing Kael'thas, Illidan, Kael'thas, Lady Vashj, or even Kael'thas.

Because it was fun the first day it was released, and a bit challenging!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    To challenge myself, to have the cool mucha lucha skull floating around me, to get some "congratulations" from my guild, and the final but most important reason:

Because it was something to do. Something to be completed. Another item done on the checklist.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't attempted it because I would rather spend the little time I play the game making my character more powerful (not better looking)

Deleted
    cuz i can and its easy

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Because the Guardian skin is the best skin ever created
    Amen.
    And I don't even play druid.